IGNORED

Absolute rubbish

Langford Red

• Admin
Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I don't know why Holden didn't start with Brunt. Our midfield was way too lightweight. Talented as he is, Bakinson is not good enough to run the centre of the park on his own

Only thing I can think, he's pencilled in for a start against Swansea and maybe concerns about number of games played in a week? 

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I don't know why Holden didn't start with Brunt. Our midfield was way too lightweight. Talented as he is, Bakinson is not good enough to run the centre of the park on his own

In fairness 4 wins and a draw is probably the reason

Virtually everyone has been praising DH for consistency in selection to date

Not directed at yourself but there are a lot of criticisms in hindsight tonight 

Just now, phantom said:

Only thing I can think, he's pencilled in for a start against Swansea and maybe concerns about number of games played in a week? 

Could be yeah. We can only hope that things will improve when Walsh and Williams come back, as a midfield of Bakinson, Weimann and Paterson is not strong enough

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

In fairness 4 wins and a draw is probably the reason

Virtually everyone has been praising DH for consistency in selection to date

Not directed at yourself but there are a lot of criticisms in hindsight tonight 

I get that and I like consistency in a side, but it was obvious from very early on that Boro were dominating the midfield

7 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

It's almost as if you have been waiting to complain.... 6 games in 4 wins ,1 draw and 1 loss.....

The worrying thing for me tonight was the manner of the performance, there were just too many similarities to the woeful ones we endured under LJ last season. Let's not go back there please.

It wont be easy to shrug it off when there is such total negativity towards the team after one defeat. There is little indication that the ‘support’ supports. It would be exaggerating to say that there is relentless criticism on here but there are so many more that seem happy to whinge. 
Is it too much to ask people to encourage the lads rather than moan?

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

We've definitely had football gods on our side more than normal 

Big game against Swansea now

and here's the obligatory poster complaining about someone complaining 

Good to see normal service resumed on OTIB, It was getting all too nice on here 

yep I missed complaining about people complaining after one bad game against Warnock haha.

That was my first chance to watch my team this season. I've followed all the games, just not seen them. It looked as if there was too much work for Bakinson to do and he seemed weak, possibly tired and too many games for him but, he wasn't the strong player I've been led to believe he was.

Wells effectiveness would seem to be stifled if he's not in the box and that happened on very few occasions tonight, Semenyo seems much the stronger player and looks as if he'd benefit the team overall, more than an ineffective Nhaki Wells.

There was little if any link up between midfield and attack and we lost possession so easily through weak passing allowing for interceptions. Players getting in each others way was another observation.

Losing Mawson was a major blow and is typical of the luck our club seems to get, in reality we'd be playing Baker, Mawson and Kalas with a couple of wing backs, probably Dasilva as opposed to Tommy and Sessignon swapping with Hunt.

All in all very disappointed with that limp performance tonight, summed up with a stupid time wasting free kick at the end.

2 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

It wont be easy to shrug it off when there is such total negativity towards the team after one defeat. There is little indication that the ‘support’ supports. It would be exaggerating to say that there is relentless criticism on here but there are so many more that seem happy to whinge. 

I agree with your sentiment and support and encourage my team more than ever.

I dont think however that a poor performance cannot be constructively discussed, especially one that was really that bad.

Just now, stortfordred said:

I think what I find disappointing is how quick people are to disregard four wins and three very good performances to date and immediately jumping to "the players aren't good enough, the manager is good enough and this is the worst team in the history of the world ever"

It was a bad performance after a few good perfomances. We were disappointing on Saturday too and DH and the players need to learn form the and do things differently this time but it doesn't have to be a disaster. The key is not the performance - bad performances can always happen - but the response. Let's see what happens at the weekend. 

12 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I get that and I like consistency in a side, but it was obvious from very early on that Boro were dominating the midfield

As you like consistency you would like that level of performance for the rest of the season? 

5 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

The worrying thing for me tonight was the manner of the performance, there were just too many similarities to the woeful ones we endured under LJ last season. Let's not go back there please.

It wasn't great but it's not fair to slant Holden on LJ's tenure , we got a bit lucky in our first few games so some people got over excited  but I think we are still yet to see Holden's first 11 due to injuries and maybe even Holden still tweaking. 

The next 3 games in a short span will really Test Holden , shall be interesting to see how we react.

The centre back thing is nothing but short sightedness from the club if Mawson is out long term. If it’s his knee then it’s even worse as it should have been reasonably expected.

A back three of Baker, Kalas, Mawson would be as good as it gets. 

Unfortunately we signed Mawson when Baker (another injury prone centre half) was ruled out until Xmas leaving us with Moore or Vyner, Kalas, Mawson - still not too shabby provided they all stay fit, a big ask considering that Kalas has had 2 big injuries in two seasons, so reasonable to expect he may pick up another one and Mawson has had two big knee injuries in the last 2 years. 

What happens next? Kalas gets an injury, thankfully he made a quick return and we were let off the hook by the international break giving him an extra 2 weeks recovery time. 

Vyner and Moore did well for a couple of games but they are young for defenders and need experience alongside them. Playing both in a back three at the same time is asking for trouble, but fear not as we now have Kalas back.

Ah. Mawsons now injured. Back to square one. Let’s hope Kalas stays fit as we now have NO replacements at all and that is a weak back three at best. Imagine if Kalas gets sent off and has to serve a suspension!

I will never understand why we signed an injury prone player to fit in a back three with two injury prone players. In my opinion this should have been anticipated. If it’s not as bad as feared then we’ve been let off the hook big time.

Walsh, Williams and Brunt in a CM three might shore us up a bit with the former two bringing some creativity and energy with Brunt breaking up the play.

31 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

What did you expect ? 

Well, well, well!!!

I wondered how long you would be able to keep quiet!

Five games without defeat, and not a peep from you.

I'll ask you again Loyal Red, as you didn't answer last time: "To whom are you actually loyal???"

:rofl2br:

We didn’t play well tonight in an attacking sense. I think we were rather worked out by Warnock by them sitting on our midfield which could’ve still been overcome had we played with a bit more energy and tempo. There were also still a couple of half chances and a possible pen which might’ve saved us. 

Would have been interesting if we had put Palmer in behind the two strikers tonight early in that second half, I was thinking to myself, as Pato and Andi ran ever-decreasing circles to nowhere. At least it would have given the Boro defensive midfielders something to think about instead of them smoking their cigars thinking we’ve got this wrapped up. 

Who else can can we use in that role with a bit of creativity, physical presence and a goal threat? 

Just now, RedRock said:

Would have been interesting if we had put Palmer in behind the two strikers tonight early in that second half, I was thinking to myself, as Pato and Andi ran ever-decreasing circles to nowhere. At least it would have given the Boro defensive midfielders something to think about instead of them smoking their cigars thinking we’ve got this wrapped up. 

Who else can can we use in that role with a bit of creativity, physical presence and a goal threat? 

Agree, very few game changers when you look down our bench tonight. Especially in terms of midfielders. 

Still feel it was a big risk letting so many of our naturally creative players go in the same window but with the system seemingly set in stone, they were never going to get enough minutes. 

I wasn't in panic mode at any point.

We've played poorly for the first time this season and nearly got a point for our troubles.

It's a hugely competitive league and it happens. Don't let one game define us.

Next match, DH and the boys will go again. Let's show a bit of faith in a team that are sitting second in the table 

50 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

That was an abject home performance.

I am hoping that was a bad day at the office and only that, however, I am concerned that we looked so disjointed, tired and predictable.

We are not going to score 90 goals (believe that is the figure quoted as the target) a season if we cannot manage a shot on target at home v Boro. Just felt wrong tonight and like we had got found out a bit easy after our start.

We need a freshen up in the centre of the park and that should have happened at 60 minutes tonight. A Nagy or Massengo or Brunt to get on the ball and actually give Wells and Martin something to go off of.

I am also worried that we are down to what looks like 3 fit “centre-halves” with what looked like a nasty one to Mawson. I do not think 3 that includes Vyner and Moore over a long period of time is sustainable.

Dean seemed very loyal to his starting XI tonight which I admire but (and hindsight is best-sight) we were so weary from the start.

I think the start of the season has given us all a lot of hope and uplift but some big tests ahead now, and I hope we shrug this off quickly.

Bakinson has started so well that he was impossible to drop. However we will see who is fit for Saturday. He was one of several terrible performances. 

34 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think what I find disappointing is how quick people are to disregard four wins and three very good performances to date and immediately jumping to "the players aren't good enough, the manager is good enough and this is the worst team in the history of the world ever"

It was a bad performance after a few good perfomances. We were disappointing on Saturday too and DH and the players need to learn form the and do things differently this time but it doesn't have to be a disaster. The key is not the performance - bad performances can always happen - but the response. Let's see what happens at the weekend. 

The only sensible thing that’s been posted tonight. 

I don’t think the team performance was ‘terrible’, although there were a few diabolical errors and well below par individual displays. 

It was all  just a bit clueless, lacking any plan, cohesion or real spark. Not quite as bad as a LJ performance but going down that route.

A real oddity though the passing back to Bentley in the 96 minute from the free kick was just bizarre, get the different ‘angles’ argument but Bents was so far in our own half the defenders had ample time to read the flight of the ball while in the air. We don’t want to revisit the negative  back - sideways pattern of play of the last few seasons. 

Anyhows, our reaction on Saturday is going to be really interesting and we will go a long way in finding out whether we are the real deal or just pretenders.  

Archived