IGNORED

Absolute rubbish

Langford Red

Firstly definite penalty, Boro player hasn’t tried to play the ball, just angled his run into Tyreeq’s path. BUT that doesn’t cover over what happened for the other 90 mins. However will say one thing, the first 45 I will actually give Holden a pass on, we’ve won 4 and drew 1, without conceding I wasn’t surprised to see him try and let the tactic work because the only reason it wasn’t was because of our inability to string passes together, we had the correct runs, space and time on plenty of occasions but not the ball to find the player. However come 55/60 mins after a talk when it’s clear a change is needed we should have acted, personally thought Brunt would have come on for Tyreeq and experienced CM just to calm things down as Weimann being a striker, Pato generally a 10 or wide player and Tyreeq as inexperienced at this level meant an experienced CM was lacking.

hopefully a lesson for Dean and no more than a blip. 

27 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Firstly definite penalty, Boro player hasn’t tried to play the ball, just angled his run into Tyreeq’s path. BUT that doesn’t cover over what happened for the other 90 mins. However will say one thing, the first 45 I will actually give Holden a pass on, we’ve won 4 and drew 1, without conceding I wasn’t surprised to see him try and let the tactic work because the only reason it wasn’t was because of our inability to string passes together, we had the correct runs, space and time on plenty of occasions but not the ball to find the player. However come 55/60 mins after a talk when it’s clear a change is needed we should have acted, personally thought Brunt would have come on for Tyreeq and experienced CM just to calm things down as Weimann being a striker, Pato generally a 10 or wide player and Tyreeq as inexperienced at this level meant an experienced CM was lacking.

Wonder if the Mawson injury just made him take a rethink on any subs he was planning.

8 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Well, well, well!!!

I wondered how long you would be able to keep quiet!

Five games without defeat, and not a peep from you.

I'll ask you again Loyal Red, as you didn't answer last time: "To whom are you actually loyal???"

:rofl2br:

It was a good start, you want me to post that ?  Surely if we are doing well you don’t want me to come on and post how well we are doing.  Eventually we are going to lose, it’s how Dean Holden deals with it now.  I still think this season is going to be a disaster but I hope to be proven wrong. 

9 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Morsy bullied him - got at him early and Pato didn’t fancy it and did a dissapearing act 

I expect Warnock targeted him. “ Get in his face and he’ll bottle it “ That’s the trouble with Pato, quite a few games he crap. 

Thing is, Pato knew what to expect, if he didn’t fancy a battle then give the shirt to someone who does. 

21 minutes ago, swanker said:

I expect Warnock targeted him. “ Get in his face and he’ll bottle it “ That’s the trouble with Pato, quite a few games he crap. 

Thing is, Pato knew what to expect, if he didn’t fancy a battle then give the shirt to someone who does. 

But who ? I thought Pato’s like for like were KP or SamS, both of which aren’t here 

7 hours ago, RedRock said:

I don’t think the team performance was ‘terrible’, although there were a few diabolical errors and well below par individual displays. 

It was all  just a bit clueless, lacking any plan, cohesion or real spark. Not quite as bad as a LJ performance but going down that route.

A real oddity though the passing back to Bentley in the 96 minute from the free kick was just bizarre, get the different ‘angles’ argument but Bents was so far in our own half the defenders had ample time to read the flight of the ball while in the air. We don’t want to revisit the negative  back - sideways pattern of play of the last few seasons. 

Anyhows, our reaction on Saturday is going to be really interesting and we will go a long way in finding out whether we are the real deal or just pretenders.  

Moaning again ?

53 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

It was a good start, you want me to post that ?

Yes, why not? It would at least show that you have a balanced view.

Surely if we are doing well you don’t want me to come on and post how well we are doing.

Why not? Most others do. Otherwise you give the impression that you're a right moaning barstard!.......... (Really???) 

Eventually we are going to lose, it’s how Dean Holden deals with it now.  I still think this season is going to be a disaster but I hope to be proven wrong.

But if you are proven wrong, will we ever hear from you again????

:dunno:

28 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You're about as "loyal" to Bristol City as Tony Pulis.

Disgraceful.

Disgraceful for being upset when we lose and feeling the need to comment?  Sorry Northern Red but I’m not particularly happy settling for second best so should be entitled to express views on a forum.  Dean knows what he signed up for, he needs to make the playoffs at least.   Thanks for the personal attack though, appreciate it.  

Just now, LoyalRed said:

Disgraceful for being upset when we lose and feeling the need to comment?  Sorry Northern Red but I’m not particularly happy settling for second best so should be entitled to express views on a forum.  Dean knows what he signed up for, he needs to make the playoffs at least.   Thanks for the personal attack though, appreciate it.  

Nobody is saying that you can't comment when we lose. After all, that's what a forum is for.

However if you combine that with not saying anything at all about good results and throw in the "happy clapper" dig at people who do, then I think the agenda becomes obvious.

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder if the Mawson injury just made him take a rethink on any subs he was planning.

I understand why DH kept faith with same starting 11 although, as I said BEFORE the match, I'd have put Semenyo in for Wells who was lack lustre v Barnsley.

What I don't understand is why, after HT when an initial brief upping of the tempo had fizzled out, DH didn't change things then (well before the Mawson injury). Pato, Weimann & Wells were all totally ineffective. He could have bought on 2 out of Semenyo, COD & Brunt and tried to alter the game, but he did nothing until too late. Bakinson trying to make something happen by pushing forward, 'cos Weimann & Pato are not creating anything, directly leads to their counter attack from which Mawson was injured. Poor play by Bakinson in losing the ball, but one of Weimann or Pato should have been covering the space behind him.

Just worrying that DH could not see the need for change and seem to have no plan B to counter Warnock's spoiling tactics.

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

Moaning again ?

Having now watched Holden’s interview, think he had a very similar take on events. So assume you’ll level that accusation at him too. 

Nope, personally remain positive. We were second best at home to Boro. Disappointing, but we learn and move on. We also have some quality replacements available and the youngsters, no doubt,  will be told to up their concentration levels  if they want to retain their places.

If you want some positives from last night, thought Vyner was very decent, Bents (bar that rather unhelpful pass to Moore) sound, Mawson great and Kalas seemed fit and slotted in well. Hope that makes you happy.

The biggest plus of the night? Watching Holden’s post match  interview. So different to the tripe we had to listen to under the previous regime. Controlled anger, no beating about the bush, no weasel words, shifting responsibility or PR spin, just clarity of thought, a simple explanation and clear desire to put things right. Nice.

I can accept that we lost, I can accept that we lost due to a mistake but I struggle to accept:

No aggression, (they won every 50:50 and second ball)

No movement (like the old days nobody showing for a forward pass)

No energy (at the end when the ball went out it was hard to see which team was 1 up)

No leader on the pitch (both captains largely quiet and certainly not leading by example)

No leader off the field (DH seemed to do little to gee them up and left changes late)

It was like the ghost of LJ once again falling over the gate

One saving grace is that we did not have to listen to an LJ cliché driven excuse session.

We knew what to expect from Colin. We have 1 genuine midfielder plus 2 converted forwards and 2 fullbacks in midfield. None of them looked up for the fight and not a single midfielder on the bench. (please don't call O'Dowd a midfielder)

This is where we see what DH is made of and if he can read the riot act and get a reaction.

What's disappointing is I thought the 3-1 win at Boro was one of our best performances last season (post restart).

I know every game is different, but you wouldn't believe we were managed by the same person.

It feels like we have been "sussed out"; I hated that LJ changed his team according to the opposition - we should play to our strengths. But for me that means fielding our strongest team. That was not our best team last night.Nearly every team would start with a fit JD for example.

I understand you do not change a winning team - but let's not forget the performance at Barnsley was not good - yes we were undone at the end, but we had not played well.

Dean needs to have courage in his system and use his best players or be more flexible. Warnock showed a manager with nous can easily nullify us.

I hope DH learns quickly.

3 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

What's disappointing is I thought the 3-1 win at Boro was one of our best performances last season (post restart).

I know every game is different, but you wouldn't believe we were managed by the same person.

I would argue that you wouldn’t believe Boro were managed by the same person.  They are playing very different this season (as per my preview).  We faced a barrage of long balls and throw-ins at the Riverside in July, there was none of that last night.  Warnock changed his wingbacks, Johnson and Spence (for Bola and Tavernier)...two more physical athletic WBs.  So physical, yes, but they played better football too.

It feels like we have been "sussed out"; I hated that LJ changed his team according to the opposition - we should play to our strengths. But for me that means fielding our strongest team. That was not our best team last night.Nearly every team would start with a fit JD for example.

I understand you do not change a winning team - but let's not forget the performance at Barnsley was not good - yes we were undone at the end, but we had not played well.

I suspect in hindsight Dean would’ve made 1 or 2 changes last night. I agree with you though.  Good bits and bad bits v Barnsley.

Dean needs to have courage in his system and use his best players or be more flexible. Warnock showed a manager with nous can easily nullify us.

I hope DH learns quickly.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Fevs have you perused the stats yet? I'd be interested to know if we covered less ground last night and produced fewer sprints, particularly in the first half.

My eyes told me that our intensity was right down on the mean output.

Archived