IGNORED

Absolute rubbish

Langford Red

Not a single shot on target all game sums it up. Boro only had one and that was a gift from Bentley and Moore.

Picking the same side over and over, they looked tired. Blind faith is fine if you know your best XI and there’s enough recovery time in between, but even if you know your best XI you need to rotate with four games in ten days. Holden carries the can tonight.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Thought it was Bakinson.

But clear pen, surely. He's running at full speed and is shoved to the ground. Couldn't have stayed up from it and clear foul.

Threw himself over the ball when it seemed easier to kick it. Clear shove and penalty.

That was an abject home performance.

I am hoping that was a bad day at the office and only that, however, I am concerned that we looked so disjointed, tired and predictable.

We are not going to score 90 goals (believe that is the figure quoted as the target) a season if we cannot manage a shot on target at home v Boro. Just felt wrong tonight and like we had got found out a bit easy after our start.

We need a freshen up in the centre of the park and that should have happened at 60 minutes tonight. A Nagy or Massengo or Brunt to get on the ball and actually give Wells and Martin something to go off of.

I am also worried that we are down to what looks like 3 fit “centre-halves” with what looked like a nasty one to Mawson. I do not think 3 that includes Vyner and Moore over a long period of time is sustainable.

Dean seemed very loyal to his starting XI tonight which I admire but (and hindsight is best-sight) we were so weary from the start.

I think the start of the season has given us all a lot of hope and uplift but some big tests ahead now, and I hope we shrug this off quickly.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought it was Bakinson.

Owers commentary not the best. Didn't think it was pen and thought

I'm sat here with a migraine, really struggled to pick players out in SD

As we know all about opinions, will need to see it again to have initial instinct changed 

I was ashamed at the amount of passes we dropped short, allowing Boro to step forward and take the ball. Forget the mistake. Our passing was poor to say the least, there was little if any thrust or desire to get at their defence and the free kick at the end summed up a night of poor decisions. One last chance to get the ball in the box and Tommy Rowe passes back to the keeper, just enough time for the ref to blow his whistle.

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Morsy bullied him - got at him early and Pato didn’t fancy it and did a dissapearing act 

I don't know why Holden didn't start with Brunt. Our midfield was way too lightweight. Talented as he is, Bakinson is not good enough to run the centre of the park on his own

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Hocca said:

I mean it’s been like that last 3 games. Time to inject some freshness into that starting 11. Williams kalas dasilva Walsh Sess all needed 

We've definitely had football gods on our side more than normal 

Big game against Swansea now

1 minute ago, miketh2nd said:

It's almost as if you have been waiting to complain.... 6 games in 4 wins ,1 draw and 1 loss.....

and here's the obligatory poster complaining about someone complaining 

Good to see normal service resumed on OTIB, It was getting all too nice on here 

Archived