IGNORED

Dean

daored

A good start from city , better than many of us expected. My biggest question over Dean’s appointment was how he would react to a defeat. As we know Lee had poor runs of results and continually changed players , formation during this period. Dean was a member of Lee’s staff during these periods so interested to see how Dean reacts to a defeat having worked with Lee for so long 

6 minutes ago, daored said:

A good start from city , better than many of us expected. My biggest question over Dean’s appointment was how he would react to a defeat. As we know Lee had poor runs of results and continually changed players , formation during this period. Dean was a member of Lee’s staff during these periods so interested to see how Dean reacts to a defeat having worked with Lee for so long 

He can easily make five or six changes after tonight and the players dropped could have no complaints. We need someone to help Bakinson in the centre of the park and personally I would have dropped Moore after that mistake but with Mawson injured he probably can’t do it. I would also be tempted to start Semenyo as a little kick up the backside to Wells.

6 minutes ago, daored said:

Let’s be brutally honest here, we have had an outstanding start to the season and hopefully we can get back to winning ways Saturday....but does anyone genuinely think Holden will be the man to take us to a top 6 finish? seriously?

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Let’s be brutally honest here, we have had an outstanding start to the season and hopefully we can get back to winning ways Saturday....but does anyone genuinely think Holden will be the man to take us to a top 6 finish? seriously?

Nope. I never have and never will but rightly or wrongly he has his chance and it’s up to him to take it. 

The other teams have sussed us out since the break, Bakinson, Pato etc. being snuffed out and stunting our forward play. Still should've been 0-0 since Boro didn't create much either from open play. We're going to have problems at CB if we continue this system as we've nobody else fit apart from those who finished tonight's game, Dean may have to come up with something new and some fresh faces.

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

He’s had 6 games. You ‘seriously’ expect an answer?

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He can easily make five or six changes after tonight and the players dropped could have no complaints. We need someone to help Bakinson in the centre of the park and personally I would have dropped Moore after that mistake but with Mawson injured he probably can’t do it. I would also be tempted to start Semenyo as a little kick up the backside to Wells.

My point was more to do with the fact he’s been part of Lee’s back room staff and we’ve seen constant changing of formation / personal following a defeat. 

I do agree Semenyo deserves a start , what a transformation in a player! Brunt for experience as well 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Unfortunately for DH regarding his appointment fans will turn on him quickly. Not his fault but it was always going to be . 

Very very quickly. It’s early days and the response from Dean and the management team is what I’m interested in but i do fear for them to be honest. 

Let's be honest we are doing far better than we thought before the season started.

This is where Dean learns and hopefully proves himself. As injuries and teams learn our tactics and counter he will needs to show his ability at this level to out think and make the correct decisions. Does he make changes or put faith in the team and formation? Plenty to think about. 

I remember Millen stepping up when caretaker he moved us to three at the back and blooded youth, it started really well but as teams figured us out he was unable to counter that. 

Hopefully Dean is made of better stuff. 

Did anyone seriously expect us to be in top six this season?

This was always going to be a season for regrouping whoever came in as Head Coach 

Think in terms of three seasons.

Plusses so far are a commitment to stability in selecting a team and giving young players a chance. Additionally, some of our young talent are cutting it in lower leagues, like Nurse this evening.

And we have two fine Assistant Coaches.

Anything above 12th at season’s end will be ok in my opinion

10 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Let's be honest we are doing far better than we thought before the season started.

This is where Dean learns and hopefully proves himself. As injuries and teams learn our tactics and counter he will needs to show his ability at this level to out think and make the correct decisions. Does he make changes or put faith in the team and formation? Plenty to think about. 

I remember Millen stepping up when caretaker he moved us to three at the back and blooded youth, it started really well but as teams figured us out he was unable to counter that. 

Hopefully Dean is made of better stuff. 

That is what really gets me. Yet another manager and we hope he will learn from mistakes.And I hope he does. But it would be nice  one day if we appointed a manager that had learnt before he becomes our manager. But then again he wouldn't be cheap then would he.

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Did anyone seriously expect us to be in top six this season?

This was always going to be a season for regrouping whoever came in as Head Coach 

Think in terms of three seasons.

Plusses so far are a commitment to stability in selecting a team and giving young players a chance. Additionally, some of our young talent are cutting it in lower leagues, like Nurse this evening.

And we have two fine Assistant Coaches.

Anything above 12th at season’s end will be ok in my opinion

12th would be OK.

Would quite like to be entertained a little on the way though and wouldn't mind a shot on target or two - particularly at home. 

Anyway - mustn't moan - I never expected top 6 last season and certainly don't expect anything different this season. Do the same things, get the same result.

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Don't think dropping Moore after that mistake would achieve anything whoever was available.

Do something similar Saturday you might have a case.

First big test for Holden he's set his stall out on this formation getting rid of Eliasson with no other out and out wide players is where we are. 

As i see it we can't sustain a top 6 challenge with our current midfield. Mid table finish for me is what i expect with the squad we have.

The difference this season so far is we've looked solid defensively, except for a moment of madness tonight & we'd be happy grinding our results when not playing well & enjoying wins when it goes right.

Feel for TM as I thought he had a decent game apart from the incident.

Mawson has been a key part of the defensive solidity & fingers cross its not too bad but I suspect this may end up another what could have been type loan.

11 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

As i see it we can't sustain a top 6 challenge with our current midfield. Mid table finish for me is what i expect with the squad we have.

Agreed

I doubt anyone expects Top 6, why would you we're Bristol City FFS but it's been a good start and there's still a long season ahead of us with some decent young players coming through the ranks.  

Archived