IGNORED

End this Pato / Weimann midfield combo madness NOW!!

mossey

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Nagy, Williams, Massengo perhaps. I would rate all above Walsh and the fact that Walsh isn't getting picked just enforces my belief. I am really surprised that he wasn't sent out on loan again but then you also need to find a suitor who rates him and wants him.

Not sure any of the above would be classified as a creative player 

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

And you think Walsh is ?

I don’t know , my comment was more to do with people saying at the start of the season our midfield should be Williams, Morrell & Walsh. I think there are many on here who expect Walsh to be the answer to our lack of creativity , hence a lot on his shoulders 

3 minutes ago, daored said:

I don’t know , my comment was more to do with people saying at the start of the season our midfield should be Williams, Morrell & Walsh. I think there are many on here who expect Walsh to be the answer to our lack of creativity , hence a lot on his shoulders 

Well Morrell has been moved on because he didn't make the grade and I for one am surprised that Walsh wasn't loaned out or sold also. Many on here can get it wrong as has been proved numerous times in the past.

Whether Walsh can reproduce the outstanding form he showed at Coventry last season, we won't know until he is given the chance.  

Fact is playing Pato & Weimann in midfield only works if both of them are on their game. Against a well organised physical Boro side, Pato just went missing (as he can do for periods even when playing well), and Wiemann was back to his bad habit of running away from teammates that had the ball instead of making himself available for easy passes.

Swansea like to play football, so the game may suit Pato & Weimann IF they show for it. If they don't Bakinson is going to be left playing on his own again, and we will be overrun.

I'm with the OP, our midfield 3 should be 2 from Bakinson, Williams, Massengo & Nagy and 1 from Pato, Weimann or Walsh. Not including Brunt as only see him as coming on from the bench (why Holden didn't do that early in the 2nd half well before the Mawson injury is worrying, had enough with LJ not being able to see Pato & Weimanns weaknesses).  

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

And Warnock knew it, so got Morsy to man-mark him.

Said it before, but having already lost Mawson meaning we had to make 1 substitution in Kalas, I thought then making the double striker one was odd as it left us no option but to go with the same midfield for the full 90 when either Brunt or O’Dowda made much more sense. I’d have gone with Brunt to try to get more of a foothold in there.

I’d have also kept Wells on because he always has a goal in him & Martin (who may not have been 100% fit anyway) looked like he was labouring a bit to me, so Fam could have replaced him.

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Said it before, but having already lost Mawson meaning we had to make 1 substitution in Kalas, I thought then making the double striker one was odd as it left us no option but to go with the same midfield for the full 90 when either Brunt or O’Dowda made much more sense. I’d have gone with Brunt to try to get more of a foothold in there.

I’d have also kept Wells on because he always has a goal in him & Martin (who may not have been 100% fit anyway) looked like he was labouring a bit to me, so Fam could have replaced him.

My only thinking was Holden thought he needed to replace Martin and that if City were gonna go long (and bypass the midfield), he might as well change both strikers rather than sub a midfielder (Pato) who’d only watch it going over his head..

Not saying it was right, it’s not what I’d have done, just trying to second guess him.

My thinking would’ve been let’s get out of here with a point at worst...and put in right Saturday.

On the hour the game looked like it was starting to get stretched.  I think that was the time to get Brunt on and take a bit of control and see what happened.

Archived