IGNORED

Can we have a definitive available for selection date for Messrs. Williams & Walsh?

headhunter

For many years we have strange/absent updates regarding injuries. 

I thought both of these were 'a couple of weeks away' at the start of the season.

What's happend to Dasilva too? Nothing against rowes performances,  just wondering where he is? 

He was injured but then back on the bench and then nowhere ?

6 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Wat's happend to Dasilva too? Nothing against rowes performances,  justh wondering where he is? He was injured but then back on the bench and then nowhere ?

Out of favour?

2 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

It's strange how/why so many people seem to think of Nagy as the second coming, I don't know on what basis. Seems to be a much better player when out of the team.

Worthy of a place on the bench I would have thought

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting that you list a player who's never done it at this level 

Neither had Bakinson until 6 games ago

5 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

I thought both of these were 'a couple of weeks away' at the start of the season.

What's happend to Dasilva too? Nothing against rowes performances,  just wondering where he is? 

Exactly right. It's so vague these days. 

I still have no idea how Walsh got injured or Williams for that matter. I gather they have both had thigh injuries now going back months.

Dasilva made the bench against Sheffield Wednesday and Forest. Surely he's too good a player not to be in the squad.

Miss the days when the media could have had a chat with Buster to pass on real information. 

28 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Agree, it's been going a few years and sadly when they do come back they're often still not quite right and don't exactly hit the ground running. I can think of COD, Kalas, DaSilva to name a few in the past 

Really hope it's not the case this season. 

Not sure we can demand that! And besides they'll keep that information under wraps until the last minute 

Let's not rush to bomb out Bakinson and Moore etc. One bad game.

Bakinson has been superb since getting his place in the team 

Pato change perhaps, but that's as much to do with fitness as anything 

Same for wells. 

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Tonight showed why we need these two  and he clearly doesn't fancy Massengo & Nagy

Maybe another injury for a center back will force his hand and another real midfielder comes into the side.

5 defenders playing at home i'v never been up for. I know now the thinking is you have to have the same setup home and away and throughout the club but to me it's so ****** rigid.

Bring back 4 mids and 2 up top i say, but then again i'm  old as **** so disregard this!!

2 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Are we basing our season on Walsh and Williams?  God help us 

No, but both are exciting young players look like they could make a really positive difference so not surprisingly fans are eager to see them in the team.

2 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Are we basing our season on Walsh and Williams?  God help us 

Last night showed we cannot base our entire season around Bakinson, Paterson and Weimann. I agree that can't base it around Walsh and Williams also............but there are enough combinations around the five of them (six when you add Brunt) to be able to keep things fresh and perhaps have the answer for different type of opposition. Hindsight, I accept, but we had completely the wrong midfield selected last night......I understand why Dean Holden picked it the way he did but it was clear after 20 minutes it would never work due to the opposition carrying out their Manager's game plan perfectly and we didn't really have enough options to change it up.

Yes I must admit it feels rather deflating every game not seeing either Walsh, Williams or Dasilva on the bench and makes me wonder why they still are not available.
Last night we really lacked ball playing midfielders, the game seemed to just pass them by a little. Bakinson isn't helped by playing with Weimann and Paterson who are not natural central midfielders by trade. He looked knackered.

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Last night showed we cannot base our entire season around Bakinson, Paterson and Weimann. I agree that can't base it around Walsh and Williams also............but there are enough combinations around the five of them (six when you add Brunt) to be able to keep things fresh and perhaps have the answer for different type of opposition. Hindsight, I accept, but we had completely the wrong midfield selected last night......I understand why Dean Holden picked it the way he did but it was clear after 20 minutes it would never work due to the opposition carrying out their Manager's game plan perfectly and we didn't really have enough options to change it up.

Yep, totally agree.  In hindsight we’d all probably have picked someone less attack-minded to fit in alongside Bakinson last night...whether that was Pato or Weimann left out (probably Pato left out).

That mix of MFers (midfielders not mother-xxxx) is going to be key.  We may be resting a lot on Williams return, but i genuinely think he adds a dimension going both ways where we have an imbalance currently.

For all the moaning of Pato and Weimann in a CM3 it’s generated 13 points from 6 games.  It’s fair to say it has an upside, even if it looks unconventional on paper.  It’s easy to focus that it looks too attacking.  The important numbers are 6 games, 10 goals, 5 conceded. It’s done it’s job, if only until Williams is ready to add that extra dimension.

I certainly don’t disagree that it is probably the right time to alter than mix....we have the personnel to do so.

Theres a strong argument to say we should’ve done it last night.  Holden didn’t, he will be reviewing that now and challenging himself on that.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, totally agree.  In hindsight we’d all probably have picked someone less attack-minded to fit in alongside Bakinson last night...whether that was Pato or Weimann left out (probably Pato left out).

That mix of MFers (midfielders not mother-xxxx) is going to be key.  We may be resting a lot on Williams return, but i genuinely think he adds a dimension going both ways where we have an imbalance currently.

For all the moaning of Pato and Weimann in a CM3 it’s generated 13 points from 6 games.  It’s fair to say it has an upside, even if it looks unconventional on paper.  It’s easy to focus that it looks too attacking.  The important numbers are 6 games, 10 goals, 5 conceded. It’s done it’s job, if only until Williams is ready to add that extra dimension.

I certainly don’t disagree that it is probably the right time to alter than mix....we have the personnel to do so.

Theres a strong argument to say we should’ve done it last night.  Holden didn’t, he will be reviewing that now and challenging himself on that.

Agree with just about everything you have alluded to.............just wanted to make the point, that given the efficiency of 'Boro's game plan, I would have brought Brunt on. We needed a crafty older head on the field, this guy has the experience of unlocking stubborn defences, and it would have been a good roll of the dice?  Surely this was exactly the kind of game he was recruited for? IMHO.

I think the thread stated it’s life about when Walsh & our expensive summer signing Williams  & when these two will be available. Not deriding anyone else’s efforts but the anticipated availability  was after the international break. 
So what’s the news and rumour on this front. McGregor will I am sure have a take on this 

20 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Agree with just about everything you have alluded to.............just wanted to make the point, that given the efficiency of 'Boro's game plan, I would have brought Brunt on. We needed a crafty older head on the field, this guy has the experience of unlocking stubborn defences, and it would have been a good roll of the dice?  Surely this was exactly the kind of game he was recruited for? IMHO.

Totally, I don’t think you are alone in that thought.

Obviously we don’t want to reveal our hand too much to Swansea, but if neither of them is available tomorrow what exactly is going on? 

Walsh seemed to be sat with the subs in midweek & Williams has been pictured running on the grass before the international break, so it just seems baffling.

Also it is worth pointing out that Adam Nagy, who is perceived as injury prone by many, played in a friendly at home to Bulgaria, then played 90 minutes in Serbia, then 45 minutes in Russia all within the same week during the international break..

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Obviously we don’t want to reveal our hand too much to Swansea, but if neither of them is available tomorrow what exactly is going on? 

Walsh seemed to be sat with the subs in midweek & Williams has been pictured running on the grass before the international break, so it just seems baffling.

Also it is worth pointing out that Adam Nagy, who is perceived as injury prone by many, played in a friendly at home to Bulgaria, then played 90 minutes in Serbia, then 45 minutes in Russia all within the same week during the international break..

I suppose all will be revealed tomorrow as frustrating as that is.

Archived