IGNORED

Alfie Mawson injury

phantom

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Andrius Velička, Sam Vokes, George Elokobi, Benik Afobe and now Alfie Mawson. Another for the unfortunate list of season threatening injuries early doors in loan spells at Bristol City!

Didn’t Lewis Dunk also get injured on loan here? Managed only 2 games if I recall. 

4 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Didn’t Lewis Dunk also get injured on loan here? Managed only 2 games if I recall. 

No, couldn’t get in the team for much of the month he was here.

Seems odd now but lots was in that season..

17 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Andrius Velička, Sam Vokes, George Elokobi, Benik Afobe and now Alfie Mawson. Another for the unfortunate list of season threatening injuries early doors in loan spells at Bristol City!

Dani Rodrigues another. Horrible one as well.

26 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

7 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Dani Rodrigues another. Horrible one as well.

Beat me to it @Gazred. We could probably put together a full 11 of longterm injured loan players - although I can't think of a goalkeeper, but maybe if we include longterm contracted players then we could add Mercer. Go that route may as well throw in Matthews and Brooker as well for a few subs!!

Hope Ashton used his club credit card for the loan fees, then there is a chance we could get a refund from the card provider on the grounds of being "not fit for purpose".

In Joe Williams case, I assume Wigan would not take payment until Williams has played.

2 minutes ago, CityFarAndWide said:

Just in an insight for others and obviously we have no idea of what the injury is but If you have under gone significant Knee surgery such as ACL's sometimes they like to do minor arthroscopy to make sure there is no graft or structural damage, even if the injury is not related directly. 

Mrs Downend is secretary to a Consultant Knee Surgeon. 

She say if an arthroscopy then return could be fairly  quick, but ACL recovery much longer - for “normal” patients up to 12 months rehab but pro footballer would be sooner as they are physically fit and have access to pro physics and dedicated rehab.

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

She say if an arthroscopy then return could be fairly  quick, but ACL recovery much longer - for “normal” patients up to 12 months rehab but pro footballer would be sooner as they are physically fit and have access to pro physics and dedicated rehab.

I am aware of the recovery time for ACL I was merely pointing that we genuinely don't know and having surgery doesn't always mean worse case scenarios; others above were speculating 3 months minimum was more my point just didn't quote them

13 minutes ago, CityFarAndWide said:

Just in an insight for others and obviously we have no idea of what the injury is but If you have under gone significant Knee surgery such as ACL's sometimes they like to do minor arthroscopy to make sure there is no graft or structural damage, even if the injury is not related directly. 

Yep, I’ve had 4 cartilage ops (2 on each knee) and an ACL.

My first cartilage op I was back playing inside 4 weeks.  That was on the NHS at Winford....that’s how long ago it was (early 90s).

All the others were private and were 6-8 weeks. ACL was very different!  That surgery sorted out cartilage damage done too!

There’s a fair chance Mawson has little cartilage left in his knee anyway.

Wish him the best and for a speedy recovery.

6 minutes ago, CityFarAndWide said:

I am aware of the recovery time for ACL I was merely pointing that we genuinely don't know and having surgery doesn't always mean worse case scenarios; others above were speculating 3 months minimum was more my point just didn't quote them

?

Given AM’s history, have to say I fear the worst and it could well be we don’t see him back this season.  

Not just a concern as far as BCFC is concerned, but it is his career potentially at risk, so fingers crossed for the lad.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, frenchred said:

He won't be back this season

My thoughts too

We wondered why Fulham were so happy to let such a top quality player out on loan when they clearly needed back up in that position

Sadly seems those that warned about his injury record were correct

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Physics is different for pro footballers?

Bloody hell, no wonder I was so shit.

I know injuries are apart of the game but I’m getting peed off with it quite frankly. All of a sudden we’re looking light in some areas compared to a few weeks ago where we had a bloated squad. 

It just never seems to pan out the way we want it. We’re not a club filled with luck are we?

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, I’ve had 4 cartilage ops (2 on each knee) and an ACL.

My first cartilage op I was back playing inside 4 weeks.  That was on the NHS at Winford....that’s how long ago it was (early 90s).

All the others were private and were 6-8 weeks. ACL was very different!  That surgery sorted out cartilage damage done too!

There’s a fair chance Mawson has little cartilage left in his knee anyway.

Wish him the best and for a speedy recovery.

Your surgeon at Winford. Did he have blue overalls and carried a mop and bucket? If so, I know him, I had my big toe straightened by him in 1985, It's straight but, upside down.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Your surgeon at Winford. Did he have blue overalls and carried a mop and bucket? If so, I know him, I had my big toe straightened by him in 1985, It's straight but, upside down.

No, this one word black and a scythe!

Believe it or not, I walked out of the hospital as they didn’t have any crutches!

15 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Wish him the best. Nice to have such a quality player but we knew he had two glass knees and this was always a likely scenario. We are in trouble now I fear 

I do suspect that unless any U23 lads are deemed up to it we will need to find out of contract free agent player. 

15 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I do suspect that unless any U23 lads are deemed up to it we will need to find out of contract free agent player. 

Frankly, from age 19 onwards players should be pushing for a first team place and once selected, claim the shirt.

We need an Academy that has that DNA, we need to give the Academy players that incentive. Push ‘em hard and early. 

Archived