IGNORED

Time for 4-4-2

A Horse With No Name

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Maybe you can tell me but was Bakinson playing deeper last night? Through the game it felt as though our midfield was stretched vertically - ie there was too much space between our two number 8s and Bakinson. Anything in that or am I seeing things?

FDC9C90E-B2E9-4194-93E5-6AAE7062147E.thumb.jpeg.d07c0c1c0d199e0bb7f3f5f39a0c6d65.jpeg

No, not really according to pass network map.

Interesting that Hunt and Rowe the opposite to most games, with Hunt deeper than Rowe.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

FDC9C90E-B2E9-4194-93E5-6AAE7062147E.thumb.jpeg.d07c0c1c0d199e0bb7f3f5f39a0c6d65.jpeg

No, not really according to pass network map.

Interesting that Hunt and Rowe the opposite to most games, with Hunt deeper than Rowe.

Thanks, seeing things then.

Interesting to clearly, clearly see just how much further forward Semenyo and Fam played compared to Wells and Martin. At least shows that when we make changes things really do change. If that makes sense. May not always work (although I thought we had some of our best chances with those two on yesterday) but at least there is a clear shift - which to suggests that Holden and his team are getting their ideas across to the players.

19 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Good post, I'd only add that you also try and identify where you ight be able to improve within the system. Last night we saw some joy when Vyner pushed forward into midfield - so maybe work on that for the next time we play Boro (or any other side with a similar game). 

Bear in mind as well that they're sole shot on target came from our own defensive howler - a howler that could have happened in a 442, WM, 424, 433 or any other formation

Moves and counter moves. 

What you've described is basically for me the joy of sport. 

Archived