Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Time for 4-4-2

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I agree, I would have played O'Dowda last night alongside Weimann box to box.

Brunt at centre back is interesting. Not many have said this, but like you I have wondered if Brunt left sided centre back is something Holden considered an option when signing him.

He's played left back I think in the Pulis WBA side in the Prem. It seems a full back has to be a good defender more than anything else to get into a Pulis team.

Not sure left back in a Pulis defensive narrow back 4 would be massively different to left centre back in an adventurous back 3 for us.

My thoughts exactly. He's played as defensive midfielder and full back / wing back. In my eyes he's perfect to be able to bring the ball out as we want too. Would fill that left side we are struggling with.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Maybe you can tell me but was Bakinson playing deeper last night? Through the game it felt as though our midfield was stretched vertically - ie there was too much space between our two number 8s and Bakinson. Anything in that or am I seeing things?

FDC9C90E-B2E9-4194-93E5-6AAE7062147E.thumb.jpeg.d07c0c1c0d199e0bb7f3f5f39a0c6d65.jpeg

No, not really according to pass network map.

Interesting that Hunt and Rowe the opposite to most games, with Hunt deeper than Rowe.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

FDC9C90E-B2E9-4194-93E5-6AAE7062147E.thumb.jpeg.d07c0c1c0d199e0bb7f3f5f39a0c6d65.jpeg

No, not really according to pass network map.

Interesting that Hunt and Rowe the opposite to most games, with Hunt deeper than Rowe.

Thanks, seeing things then.

Interesting to clearly, clearly see just how much further forward Semenyo and Fam played compared to Wells and Martin. At least shows that when we make changes things really do change. If that makes sense. May not always work (although I thought we had some of our best chances with those two on yesterday) but at least there is a clear shift - which to suggests that Holden and his team are getting their ideas across to the players.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Good post, I'd only add that you also try and identify where you ight be able to improve within the system. Last night we saw some joy when Vyner pushed forward into midfield - so maybe work on that for the next time we play Boro (or any other side with a similar game). 

Bear in mind as well that they're sole shot on target came from our own defensive howler - a howler that could have happened in a 442, WM, 424, 433 or any other formation

Moves and counter moves. 

What you've described is basically for me the joy of sport.