IGNORED

Adrian Mariappa - SIGNING CONFIRMED

ollywhyte

1 hour ago, marcofisher said:

I think Baker will see chances limited, high wages for a player so injured. I expect him to be behind Mariappa, Kalas and even Vyner and Moore who I think are better in a back 3 and will be here next season.

I hope we aren't going to do the Baker injury debate again. His first prolonged spell out of the side

I think sides need a level of experience as well as youth in order to flourish.

casting my mind back to the distant past I seem to remember city going nowhere until Alan dicks brought in Albert quigley ,cris Crowe and Alan skirton all players arguably past their prime but seasoned professionals able to bring experience and street craft to the team.

6 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

So we have a 4 week problem and the resolution is a 2 year deal.  Two fingers up to Moore, Vyner and all the kids.  

If we hadn’t signed Williams and played Moore or Vyner then they’d both be even better now.  Repeating the same mistake. 

If we sign Mariappa we have to get promoted or else we have just helped ourselves short term to hurt ourselves long term.  

Appreciate there will be plenty of people who disagree with me. It’s a different philosophy that’s all.  

Whatever makes you think a young player playing more games makes him better? Just a thought, but what if Vyner and Moore just arent up to the standard we need, now or in the future.

43 minutes ago, Andy thomas said:

casting my mind back to the distant past I seem to remember city going nowhere until Alan dicks brought in Albert quigley ,cris Crowe and Alan skirton all players arguably past their prime but seasoned professionals able to bring experience and street craft to the team.

Albert was in fact John Quigley

45 minutes ago, Andy thomas said:

Fred Ford signed Johnny Quigley and Chris Crowe.

Archived