IGNORED

Adrian Mariappa - SIGNING CONFIRMED

ollywhyte

10 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I had absolutely no idea who he is so looked on Wikipedia.

Apparently, he is a vegan, and I will never support signing a vegan for as long as I live.

Unless he is any good, in which case, cool.

Religion shouldn't be an issue

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Whatever makes you think a young player playing more games makes him better? Just a thought, but what if Vyner and Moore just arent up to the standard we need, now or in the future.

The first sentence implies you don’t think that which is so absurd I’m assuming you are joking.  Your second part makes me think that you aren’t joking though.  Puzzling.  

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The first sentence implies you don’t think that which is so absurd I’m assuming you are joking.  Your second part makes me think that you aren’t joking though.  Puzzling.  

Just because a player comes through a Championship clubs academy doesn't mean he will be up to that standard, and lets be fair Vyner and Moore , who I have never really rated, are not kids anymore.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Young players with talent (I would put Semenyo in that bracket all day long) often improve dramatically in short time which is why it was disappointing to read so many negative comments about him six months to a year ago. Young players without talent just improve a little by being more experienced. Of our two centre halves I have no doubt that Vyner will get to where he needs to be. I hope Moore does too but he is the more concerning of the two for me.

4 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Just because a player comes through a Championship clubs academy doesn't mean he will be up to that standard, and lets be fair Vyner and Moore , who I have never really rated, are not kids anymore.

Centre backs will peak later than other positions. Keep the faith. Keep playing them and they will improve.  Many fans over the years wrote off Reid, Semenyo and even Joe Bryan amongst others. 

13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Centre backs will peak later than other positions. Keep the faith. Keep playing them and they will improve.  Many fans over the years wrote off Reid, Semenyo and even Joe Bryan amongst others. 

That’s fine if if you haven’t got promotion aspirations . If they’re going to make constant mistakes and costing us points then they have to be left out . 

42 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Interesting to read that he wasn’t released by Watford at all , they just couldn’t agree terms for the new deal put to him , similar situation to Chris Martin and that’s turned out pretty well so far ! 

I read this also. Makes you wonder what we have offered him per week.. imagine he’d be on a fairly hefty wage. If that is the case then it makes the short term deal make even more sense.

On 21/10/2020 at 00:10, Lrrr said:

Would rather play Kalas/Vyner/Moore with a 23's player filling in on the bench tbh, we shouldn't be increasing the wage bill at the moment. You say only till January but it'll take him a good few weeks to even be game ready so we're into the international break so he could be useful for what 6-8 weeks?

Which is 6-8 weeks he be a very useful 

Solid defender, pleased with the signing as we need the cover and competition.

As for Vyner and Moore - Vyner seems to be doing better of the two for me. I'm starting to feel a bit afraid of what Moore might cock up. 

Overall, neither are young men anymore and if Mariappa is better than either of them, then I'd want him to play in their place.

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Which is 6-8 weeks he be a very useful 

My post was a few weeks ago, would have to question how far off match fitness is he? Could well be a few weeks off at the moment and we were told Baker could be back in December, sure I saw something online saying Mawson could be back in January. We now would have 6 CB's available.

Archived