IGNORED

Bakinson

Top Robin

On 21/10/2020 at 08:11, Super said:

He was poor last night but so was every other player. Has been impressive so far this season but the Midfield really needs sorting out.

We have a million midfielders. Weiman and Pato are not midfielders. Poor Bakinson was dealt a bad hand.

I can’t wait fir Williams and Walsh to freshen this line up.

I've been critical of the hype generated about the likes of Massengo and Morrell etc, 

However, Bakinson just feels a different animal all together. He looks a class act, strong on the ball, passes the ball forward and plays quick.

No doubt I could end up with egg on my face, but I'd bet my mortgage this lad will be in the Prem this time next year

He's got the lot!

55 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

People get excited very quickly. Especially if the player is young. Just look at Massengo. The over the top comments on here early days and now can't even get in the squad.

I'm still to be convinced Bakinson is the answer just yet.

He’s come in and done pretty well, but it is 5 and a bit games.  We’ve seen how hard it is when teams target him.  He hasn’t had a crap game which is testament to him....but also the staff in making tweaks to the team (not to bail out Tyreeq, I’m not saying that).

The Championship is unforgiving, especially in the centre of midfield.

But I’d say we were saying similar things after Massengo’s first 5 and a bit games too.

We just need to stop getting too carried away too quickly.

I’d like to see different combinations of midfield to fairly evaluate his performances.

An encouraging start.  I’ve not got all-in on him....yet. ?

4 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I don't think Morrell was particularly physical either. Maybe Brunt could do a job there

You’re right he’s not as physical as Bakinson but he’s more tenacious than any other midfielder we’ve got, including Bakinson, and actually is a holding midfielder, unlike anyone else in the squad. Shame.

Archived