IGNORED

Dean is a pussycat!

Davefevs

Unnecessary really. All he had to say was you could see the way he was running he needed to come off. Job done?

It might surprise the guy to know that supporters who pay good money do want to know the answers to questions like that.....it’s hardly a question that will give away tactical secrets to the opposition.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He shouldn't care what other people think and he should make the decisions he wants to. He says "we" so he's obviously talking about a coaching team, not just himself making the decisions so he is listening to people he respects I'd assume.

It's such a rubbish way to ask that question. Why not just ask. "What was the reason by x players substitution?" Why add some the people raised their eyebrows? If the player being subbed off was playing well and you want to talk about that "How do you feel x player played today?" and then you can attempt to get them to explain a decision you disagree with by then asking "What was the reason by x players substitution?"

Why hide behind a "few people"? He set the question up as a "few people" vs your decision and got rightly slapped down IMO. Most of my discussion on here is about tactics and my opinions on players, but my god, I don't think the management team should listen to the fan base on that stuff. (Just me because I'm right obviously... ?)

Imagine a press conference yesterday? Gregor: "Well Prinny from the OTIB forum has been saying throughout his time here that Taylor Moore has a mistake in him due to concentration/hesitation/processing issues he's noticed, tonight it really showed up, so why did you play him Dean?" If Dean didn't tell him (AND ME) to F off. I'd be upset and worried.

But this question is even worse because it's confirmation bias and hindsight based from a superior position. I BET he's never asked a question like "I was really surprised by x decision, but it worked out really well, what was the thinking behind it?"

The reason you should "give a monkeys what the fans fink" John Yems [what sort of a surname is that?] is that the fans pay your wages, supported the club before you were there and will support it after you depart.

He could've just answered the question by saying the player in question was running awkwardly so was substituted for someone with fresh legs.

HR will be suggesting some PR training is needed.

PR will have just feinted.

Owner will be saying 'I wish I could say that' but at the same time, putting it in the draw of reasons to get rid at a later date.

Journo is thinking: 'I only asked, no need to bite my head off you ******* pr**ck'

Players will be thinking: 'I can't wait to get home to night for s**g'

Archived