IGNORED

Hartlepool's take on remembrance day

One Team In Keynsham

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'll admit to not loving it at first. I thought it leant a bit too far towards the "glory" of war rather than the remembrance of those who fought and died.

However, if you read the club statement it becomes clear that they've not just picked a random aspect of WW2 and slapped it on the shirt. "

"Acting Executive Director Martin Jesper added: “This is a tradition that deserves its continuation so we can show our respect to all service personnel. Our respect goes to those who made the ultimate sacrifice. After initial consultation with supporter group representatives it was agreed that this year the Club should recognise the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and it seemed appropriate the representation of the RAF fighter jet was front and centre of this year’s kit”."

I think we can forgive his calling a Spitfire a "jet".

I thought originally it was doing a disservice to all the other organisations that have played a part in various conflicts, but I see the reasoning if it is to remember the Battle of Britain. 

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

I hate it.

It's glorifying a specific weapon of war.  Rememberance day is about honouring the sacrifice of millions.  

My grandad would turn in his grave.

My grandad wouldn’t,he would of loved that shirt

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

It’s supposedly about remembrance and who gives a f about what symbols is used, or if people don’t wear a poppy. Best way to remember is to read the history, learn the lessons and make sure it never happens again.

Hear hear

Song of Freedom

You're the finest I know
You're the most expensive in the world
You're like the stars
Like the wind
Like the waves
Like the birds
Like the flowers on the ground

You're my guiding star and friend
You're my faith, my hope, my love
You're my blood