IGNORED

"It was an off night" - not good enough as an explanation

bristolcitysweden

Maybe the club should encourage better knowledge of the game explaining their idea about how the game would start. Our intention v their intention. How did it all pan out in their opinion and why? What did they do at half time to change the pattern? What did the opponents change at half time? How did half time talk pan out in their opinion? "It was an off night might" might be a good enough excuse for the owner and Ashton but not for people willing to learn more about the game. We got analysts. Each day after a game they should put forward a full report on the homepage explaining what was the reason for the good/bad result. COYR. 

• The title was changed to "It was an off night" - not good enough as an explanation
15 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Maybe the club should encourage better knowledge of the game explaining their idea about how the game would start. Our intention v their intention. How did it all pan out in their opinion and why? What did they do at half time to change the pattern? What did the opponents change at half time? How did half time talk pan out in their opinion? "It was an off night might" might be a good enough excuse for the owner and Ashton but not for people willing to learn more about the game. We got analysts. Each day after a game they should put forward a full report on the homepage explaining what was the reason for the good/bad result. COYR. 

Does any other club in world football do this? Highly doubt it. 

Let whoever’s pundit on robinstv go further if wanted. But Dean’s answer was valid, passes just weren’t linking up, touches just weren’t sticking etc, every player seemed to just have a poor game on the same night whereas it wouldn’t show so much if only one or two did.

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It's an ok explanation right after the game, but there needs to be a follow up at the next press conference as to WHY we performed badly. Because if they're competent they would have looked at it, and asked questions to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Now I don't expect a precise detailed answer, but a journo should ask the question.

9 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

It’s about time you offered a credible explanation for why you have an off night every time you post.......

52 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Chris Honour on the radio, who's MOTM was Chris Martin (a striker who didn't have one shot on target) although no one played particularly well.. 

Well see if Deno is another LJ, (incapable of arresting another losing streak) 

We haven’t reached a streak just yet.:::

11 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

How do you explain lethargy and lack of tempo and movement. Tiredness, oh please no

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Well maybe not Gary Owers. He didn't even think that was a pen and described Wells chance as a half chance.

Glad Tins is back for Saturday.

Owers is usually spot on in his RB commentary.  I didn’t listen to Robinstv....what were his exact / rough words on the penalty incident.

Wells chance - did you think he should’ve scored then?  I know xG isn’t the be all and end all but it scored 0.08 on Wyscout.  It was a snapshot off of a half-volley.  Describing it as a “half-chance” in football parlance imho describes it as it was not a particularly good chance.  It was a bloody tough chance imho.

2 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Chris Honour on the radio, who's MOTM was Chris Martin (a striker who didn't have one shot on target) although no one played particularly well.. 

I think Chris showed CMB “Chris Martin Bias” on Tuesday.  Was not Martin’s best game, his usually impeccable control let him down more than once, but Chris basically showed his bias of Martin’s previous performances.  Then Chris was derogatory to Diedhiou say his touch was like a “trampoline”.  That’s lazy punditry imho, and I expect better from Chris.  Fam did as well as could be expected as City switched to long ball.  He set up Bakinson for the penalty claim.  

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Owers is usually spot on in his RB commentary.  I didn’t listen to Robinstv....what were his exact / rough words on the penalty incident.

Wells chance - did you think he should’ve scored then?  I know xG isn’t the be all and end all but it scored 0.08 on Wyscout.  It was a snapshot off of a half-volley.  Describing it as a “half-chance” in football parlance imho describes it as it was not a particularly good chance.  It was a bloody tough chance imho.

I think Chris showed CMB “Chris Martin Bias” on Tuesday.  Was not Martin’s best game, his usually impeccable control let him down more than once, but Chris basically showed his bias of Martin’s previous performances.  Then Chris was derogatory to Diedhiou say his touch was like a “trampoline”.  That’s lazy punditry imho, and I expect better from Chris.  Fam did as well as could be expected as City switched to long ball.  He set up Bakinson for the penalty claim.  

Absolutely nailed. Fam did his job, comes on, no service at all but still affects the game, gets a great flick-on into Bakinson's path and the ref should have awarded us a penalty. Score it, 1-1 after a terrible performance, still undefeated, move on. What more can you expect from a late impact sub in such a poor overall team performance?

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think CH was taking his colleagues side when Geoff said you can't rest/drop players to utilise a squad when he has been one of your best players... 

Perhaps Swansea will be more likely to try and win the match rather than Boro who sat back and waited for us to make mistakes... 

4 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

I think CH was taking his colleagues side when Geoff said you can't rest/drop players to utilise a squad when he has been one of your best players... 

Perhaps Swansea will be more likely to try and win the match rather than Boro who sat back and waited for us to make mistakes... 

he might well have been, but it was poor punditry imho and not the terminology I’d expect from him.

13 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Maybe you should remember that we are supporters, not his employers. 

You and I have no right to be privy to that kind of conversation, DH will answer to his superior, not us.

If you were to have a bad day at work, would you expect say a supplier to your company to demand an explanation as to what you were meant to be doing and what went wrong? No, you'd answer to your boss.

Get a grip.

4 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Is one defeat now classed as a losing streak? 

1 minute ago, CiderCraig said:

Maybe you should remember that we are supporters, not his employers. 

You and I have no right to be privy to that kind of conversation, DH will answer to his superior, not us.

If you were to have a bad day at work, would you expect say a supplier to your company to demand an explanation as to what you were meant to be doing and what went wrong? No, you'd answer to your boss.

Get a grip.

Quite.......as supporters and fans there are questions that the management should answer such as the one the Crawley Manager ever so politely ducked the other evening on why one of his better performing players was hooked (for which there was a good reason that he could have conveyed anyway if he hadn't been such a dick). However, putting a full Analysts Report of the game and a transcript/recording of the half time team talk on the official website is about as crackpot as it comes tbh.

13 hours ago, Prinny said:

It's an ok explanation right after the game, but there needs to be a follow up at the next press conference as to WHY we performed badly. Because if they're competent they would have looked at it, and asked questions to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Now I don't expect a precise detailed answer, but a journo should ask the question.

Perhaps, but I don't think Holden should answer it.

The manager, coaches and squad need to have a discussion internally and work out what happened and how to avoid it but I think some conversations are best kept internally and I don't expect or think it helpful for them to give a public blow by blow account of who got what wrong. I don't think that helps anyone.

17 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The manager, coaches and squad need to have a discussion internally and work out what happened and how to avoid it but I think some conversations are best kept internally and I don't expect or think it helpful for them to give a public blow by blow account of who got what wrong. I don't think that helps anyone.

It really doesn't help.........especially when supporters with an agenda use your own information against you. I can guarantee that if the club posted a list of this weeks Goalkeeping Training Drills on the official website and Bentley then went and threw one in tomorrow there would be some nutter coming on here and telling us that the drills were all wrong!!

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

100% agree. I the person interested wants to know, but I want Dean to not give away info that could help the opposition or destabilise the team.

But I really don't want a manager saying he doesn't know why after a game, then the next time you see him he's focused on the next game and won't answer either.

That's not good for the reporter either, because getting absolutely nothing won't generate the clicks needed. So I'm asking for a reasonable balance where everyone plays the media game fairly, the manager gives a little away, and the reporter doesn't sensationalise everything or break trust.

Small margins perhaps caused this lacklustre performance. 

Following a strong second half comeback at Barnsley, had we not conceded the last minute penalty the winning run would have continued and I suspect tbe players would have buzzing and raring to go on Tuesday. 

As it was conceding to a last minute goal must have made the draw feel like a defeat and left the team deflated. Perhaps this caused us to be so flat on Tuesday. 

Archived