IGNORED

Swansea City (h) - 15:00 Sat 24th Oct - Matchday thread

57 minutes ago, mozo said:

That's interesting. It could be our kind of game then if the pressing is less aggressive. Also, players like Paterson and Weimann could be in their element receiving passes from Bakinson between the lines. Let's hope Swans play into our hands!

• The title was changed to Swansea City (h) - 15:00 Sat 24th Oct - Matchday thread

Wells & Patto were awful last game. Suggest we bring in Semenyo and O'Dowda to start.

Kalas, Moire & Vyner as CBs unless we go 442.  JD to start at LB if fit.

Swans have it in all areas though.  I fear that we will be overrun in midfield. Maybe Nagy could help bolster, but not sure who do drop for him.  Massengo too lightweight for this one.

We shall know Deans selection in half an hour.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Worse in my opinion....but without a crowd I’ve seen him referee better.  Definitely one influenced by the crowd and dugout.

True. 
I wonder what kind of stats there may be this year for referees. Having no crowd influence must play a part. Especially for the ones such as Stroud and Oliver playing up to their audience. 

On 23/10/2020 at 13:55, JonDolman said:

Good stuff. I'm yet to see Swansea this season. Korey getting forward a lot someone told me.

They have strengthened well. Guehi back on loan, he was superb against us I thought end of last season.

I thought in that game a problem for us was Afobe and Wells not linking up very well. Both too similar maybe, although I was excited about them together, maybe I should have seen that might be a problem.

At least they haven't got Connor Gallagher back who's work rate was as good as anybody, and amazing quality too with the ball at his feet.

Id definitely freshen up the wing backs. Go with Dasilva and Sessegnon. I thought we should have done that last game.

Pato needs to be dropped for this one I think. O'Dowda and Weimann box to box, which I also thought we should have done last game. Joe Williams and not O'Dowda if he is back fit.

Big game for Bakinson. I feel like if he's not at his best then we may struggle. Such an important position.

Its kind of hard not to make changes after midweek. Semenyo I think should be in for Wells who I think has been poor most games this season.

You got it! (The wing backs)

31 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wells & Patto were awful last game. Suggest we bring in Semenyo and O'Dowda to start.

Kalas, Moire & Vyner as CBs unless we go 442.  JD to start at LB if fit.

Swans have it in all areas though.  I fear that we will be overrun in midfield. Maybe Nagy could help bolster, but not sure who do drop for him.  Massengo too lightweight for this one.

We shall know Deans selection in half an hour.

No COD on the pitch please.

Rest for Bakinson, more movement up front, changing the fullbacks for faster players and Kalas obv coming in to fill out the back three.

Happy with this if Brunt isn't isolated in midfield.

Could be the 4-2-2-2/4-2-3-1 thing we ended up with at the end of last game or back to the 3-5-2.

Archived