IGNORED

Swansea City (h) - 15:00 Sat 24th Oct - Matchday thread

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Paterson and Weimann undroppable it seems.  Certainly would have taken Pato out after his last two games 

Agreed, can’t understand how either of them still in team, both had terrible games in the week, and yet again midfield non existent. 
Only reason I can think of, is we have got that many options with all the injuries.Hopefully both will prove me wrong today.

12 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

So Weimann is Holdens undroppable 

Why would he drop him?  Been pretty consistent all season.  Been in better form than Paterson.

10 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Rest for Bakinson, more movement up front, changing the fullbacks for faster players and Kalas obv coming in to fill out the back three.

Happy with this if Brunt isn't isolated in midfield.

Could be the 4-2-2-2/4-2-3-1 thing we ended up with at the end of last game or back to the 3-5-2.

Happy too.  You are right, Pato and Weimann need to ensure they don’t leave Brunt on his own.

Swansea gone more defensive.  As I said it’s possible they might bring Fulton in (for Gyokeres)....and they  have.  Conventional 3 man CM for them.  Shows that Cooper a bit worried by us.

Really want to see Semenyo go clattering their CBs.  Deserves his chance.

18 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Great to see JD starting. Agree with resring Bakinson. 

Interesting that Wells has been dropped though. 

Fair play to Dean, he needed to make some changes after recent games. Happy with that line up 

How do you know Wells has been dropped but Bakinson rested?

13 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

So Weimann is Holdens undroppable 

Along with Paterson. No different to what Johnson did.The tougher the game the less you see of Paterson. But he knows he will be selected however little he does. I had really hoped that with Johnson going we had seen the last of this. Sadly it is not the case. But COYR let's stuff the taffs.

3 minutes ago, mossey said:

Agreed, can’t understand how either of them still in team, both had terrible games in the week, and yet again midfield non existent. 
Only reason I can think of, is we have got that many options with all the injuries.Hopefully both will prove me wrong today.

Dean doesn't think Nagy and Massengo are good enough to even make the bench. That leaves O'Dowda as the only option.

The continuing absence of Walsh and Williams could turn out to be a major problem.

2 minutes ago, SBB said:

How do you know Wells has been dropped but Bakinson rested?

Purely looking at it from a fitness point of view. Bakinson has looked tired (his recent performances back this up), whilst I dont think Wells has looked tired.

Obviously could be completely wrong! 

Not sure why people have to go straight after Holden about the Tombola when that was a different manager? The same people who seem to have missed the last six pretty consistent selections and the same people who no doubt would have been crying like babies if he had kept pretty much the same line up as Tuesday following such a dismal performance.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Rightly so....both are very creative, Industrious and a goal threat.

Who would you play instead?

Both are not central midfielders and lack the discipline to play there long-term. Not having Massengo or Nagy even on the bench is bonkers given how off the pace and ineffective Pato and Weimann looked in midweek. 

Archived