IGNORED

Swansea City (h) - 15:00 Sat 24th Oct - Matchday thread

7 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Pato and Weimann have been a major factor in our great start as has Bakinson although Boro took advantage of his inexperience. Important to rest Tyreeq and both wing backs with the hectic schedule.  Brunt will give more solidity for Jay and Sess to get forward. Semenyo deserves his chance.

Balderdash, Boro took advantage of Weimann & Pato doing sod all and Bakinson havening to play CM on his own!

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not sure why people have to go straight after Holden about the Tombola when that was a different manager? The same people who seem to have missed the last six pretty consistent selections and the same people who no doubt would have been crying like babies if he had kept pretty much the same line up as Tuesday following such a dismal performance.

Because they have been gagging to make that 'joke' since Holden was hired and this was the first opportunity.

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Happy with that team. 2 strikers who we can give it to with their backs to goal. Excited by Martin and Semenyo.

Wing backs hugely important and needed changing, certainly left side

Brunt in for Bakinson happy with as Bakinson's levels beginning to drop.

Any excuse for another bash at Tommy Rowe.  

How did he hurt you so much?

18 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Happy with that team. 2 strikers who we can give it to with their backs to goal. Excited by Martin and Semenyo.

Wing backs hugely important and needed changing, certainly left side. 

Brunt in for Bakinson happy with as Bakinson's levels beginning to drop.

Hunt has been effective this season. I’ll be amazed if Sessegnon plays more games than him overall.

Mawson confirmed knee injury (i didn't take in Holden's or Vyner presser so news to me), will find out more next week.

Brunt now at fitness levels to play, freshening up the fullbacks and midfield,

but interestingly he makes a separate point about Semenyo coming in, I think it feels more about form than fitness on that one.

1 minute ago, Bobbie said:

From the warm up, Looks like Kalas to play in the middle of the back 3 

I’d prefer that...experience and pace centrally.  Moore on left, has the benefit of Dasilva outside him who’s a better pass recipient than Rowe (who did a good job overall).

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think we rely too much on Martin to link the play. I'm hoping Semenyo can do that kind of role with Martin giving Swansea problems in coping with 2 powerful technically gifted players. 

I know Wells has his obvious strengths, but in this system i have been thinking he might not suit it like Semenyo might.

It's obviously working though given the amount of assists and indirect goal contributions that Martin has made already

4 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Mawson confirmed knee injury (i didn't take in Holden's or Vyner presser so news to me), will find out more next week.

but interestingly he makes a separate point about Semenyo coming in, I think it feels more about form than fitness on that one.

Really enjoy listening to him speak. Very honest and gives thorough answers and actually answers the questions put to him 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Martin probably the best striker partner Semenyo could want. Experienced, excellent understanding of the game and should help give Semenyo chances. Better partner for Semenyo than Diedhiou or Wells. 

I’m really hoping Swansea don’t like two physical strikers against them.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m really hoping Swansea don’t like two physical strikers against them.

I really hope Antoine can be physical for at least a half, and from the start, against championship opposition.

Because he hasn't done that..maybe ever, or at least in a year.

15 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Always enjoy listening to Simpson. Such a positive guy. Recommend playing him on a loop if you ever feel a bit down! 

Archived