IGNORED

Swansea City (h) - 15:00 Sat 24th Oct - Matchday thread

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I worry about that CM 3, just feels a bit shoehorned. Weimann is more natural higher up the pitch, Brunt is 35, 36 in December.

Bit surprised neither one of Massengo or Nagy can make the bench given Walsh, Williams injured, Morrell sold, Palmer loaned.

I suspect as/when Williams and Walsh are fit we will see a shift in the structure of midfield. We'll stick with 352 I expect but I can't see us using this 1 CDM and 2 8's once the whole said is fit.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

I suspect as/when Williams and Walsh are fit we will see a shift in the structure of midfield. We'll stick with 352 I expect but I can't see us using this 1 CDM and 2 8's once the whole said is fit.

True, but I'm a bit surprised how low down the pecking order Nagy and Massengo have fallen. First is an international with fairly good performances and strong in possession, and second is a junior International of great promise, to both not even make the bench given injuries? Mind you can say same about Morrell yet he was sold! All genuine CMs.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

True, but I'm a bit surprised how low down the pecking order Nagy and Massengo have fallen. First is an international with fairly good performances and strong in possession, and second is a junior International of great promise, to both not even make the bench given injuries? Mind you can say same about Morrell yet he was sold! All genuine CMs.

I guess the coaching staff just don't want to play them. Both are LJ signings and you never know what reservations Holden had/has about them. 

Archived