IGNORED

Swansea City (h) - 15:00 Sat 24th Oct - Matchday thread

7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

City giving the ball away far too cheaply; lots of lazy punts and up and overs. Thats my summary. Thought i would get it in early. 0-0 HT

Concise summing up Hav.

Good of you to spare us a few seconds before resuming the world's longest ever honeymoon!

Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

Genuinely think with a fully fit & firing Walsh & Williams in that midfield, and a fit again Mawson we’d have real potential of being a pretty good team at this level. Just feel like we’re missing that spark in final 3rd and that composure at the back. 

I look forward to when we can field Baker Mawson and Kalas together with Williams and Walsh in front of them

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Indeed, Weimann at least been making himself more available than against Boro.

Pato nowhere most of the time. One decent intercept and little run but then a weak shot from a good position, aside from getting Korey a yellow, that is about all he has contributed. Surely has to come off unless he gets into the game.

It does not matter how he plays he is never dropped and rarely subbed. It must be frustrating for players who want to be involved and will battle and work when the going gets tough.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Semenyo....if he can skip away he's gonna do some damage!!!!

He doesn't do it that often, but when he does he's very successful.

Both him and Lowe need to gamble off their striking partners. Martin had a couple of balls in where Semenyo was jogging into position and Ayew is winning a lot in the air so if either put some more work in, the partnerships would be much better IMO!

Semenyo is obv pacing himself because I don't think he trusts himself to do more sprints and last 90, but i'd take a more energetic 60 over wasting good positions through lack of effort/fitness pacing whichever it is.

Taylor Moore is massive problem at LCB.

And if not now, when? For Callum O'Dowda.

2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

He doesn't do it that often, but when he does he's very successful.

Both him and Lowe need to gamble off their striking partners. Martin had a couple of balls in where Semenyo was jogging into position and Ayew is winning a lot in the air so if either put some more work in, the partnerships would be much better IMO!

Semenyo is obv pacing himself because I don't think he trusts himself to do more sprints and last 90, but i'd take a more energetic 60 over wasting good positions through lack of effort/fitness pacing whichever it is.

Taylor Moore is massive problem at LCB.

And if not now, when? For Callum O'Dowda.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Bit worried about that. Some good moments, but Moore looks like he's lost all confidence. 

Brunt making some weird passes. Some good ones but some bizarre driven swerving balls, even to players that have players on them.

Paterson some good moments like always but disappointing.

Weimann does not look the player he has most of this season.

Dasilva been good but we don't pass it to him enough. 

Semenyo class. Penalty probably rarely given but the way he turned so quick and went at him. Absolute quality player and has to stay in if he keeps this up.

I think maybe Bakinson and O'Dowda on at some point.

Think Moore has done ok....he's on his uncomfortable side against their best player....and I think you prefer that with Kalas the safety net on the cover, rather than other way around.  He's the "sacrifice" for us if that makes sense?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think Moore has done ok....he's on his uncomfortable side against their best player....and I think you prefer that with Kalas the safety net on the cover, rather than other way around.  He's the "sacrifice" for us if that makes sense?

He is on his weak side, and his two performances there have both been bad, and it does make sense for him to be the one to do it, but he's made four really bad errors leading to great attacking positions for them. You can excuse a couple due to unfamiliarity of position, but the one where he rolls the ball slowly across the pitch to their player, isn't a positional issue, it's the consistent, mental one he has.

The one where he dawdles trying to let the ball run out, isn't positional, it's the concentration, awareness, half second processing problem he shows repeatedly.

Archived