IGNORED

Swansea City (h) - 15:00 Sat 24th Oct - Matchday thread

I really don't like this shape.  I'm biased because I've always hated watching the drab football that results from five at the back but this seems worse because with Weimann and Paterson it seems like there's just a yawning chasm in the middle of the pitch.  I know Holden won't throw it out for a long while yet but I wish we'd at least play some real central midfielders, it's not like we're short of them.

Just now, Nibor said:

I really don't like this shape.  I'm biased because I've always hated watching the drab football that results from five at the back but this seems worse because with Weimann and Paterson it seems like there's just a yawning chasm in the middle of the pitch.  I know Holden won't throw it out for a long while yet but I wish we'd at least play some real central midfielders, it's not like we're short of them.

Well, 2 of them are injured and 2 look likely to be out of the door come January.

Just now, Alessandro said:

Like our manager, solid, but unspectacular, I fear.

To be fair, i'm surprised we've got some of the results we have too often playing with 9 men.

I'm not sure how sustainable it is to have both Pato and Weimann only making telling contributions once or twice every few games. 

Solid?

Littered with individual mistakes.

Archived