IGNORED

Swansea City (h) - 15:00 Sat 24th Oct - Matchday thread

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Well, 2 of them are injured and 2 look likely to be out of the door come January.

Nagy and Massengo are both more than good enough to be involved IMO.

No idea about Walsh, but very wary that so many people on here have decided he's the saviour.

Williams I've not seen much of either but likewise there's a lot of hype.

1 minute ago, the1stknowle said:
2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

2 points out of 9. Not good enough

We are in second.

Yep, can't complain too much at 2nd.  Shame we are now letting Reading open up a gap when we had been ahead of them.

What is it, 4 wins followed by 2 draws and a loss. DH needs to figure out how to stop having winless runs, that was always LJs problem. I'll feel better if he can get us back to winning ways soon to show it isn't just of 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss'. 

Just now, GlastonburyRed said:

If we are judging on outcomes, then still 2nd in the league and also not conceding that many. So, I'd like to think, once we sort out the CM debacle we might actually be on to something.

How are we going to sort it out though? 2 out for a still indeterminate period, 2 deemed not good enough for the squad, O'Dowda seen as the best alternative.

3 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

We are in second.

That sounds familiar - we're 6th, we're only 1 point of the playoffs, we're only 4 points off the playoffs. Sounds like the tail end of last season - the direction of travel is important and just like before we've been well worked out over the international break and don't seem to know what to do about it. 

Just now, Northern Red said:

Getting out of that with a point will upset a few.

Really?? What's the point of this comment? Just trying to antagonise people. We got a point, we didn't play particularly well but we were not dire either. Talk about the game instead of trying to rile up people maybe.

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Let’s get the next 3 games done then try to have a realistic conversation about what we’re trying to achieve as a club.

I don't have a crystal ball - but personally i've seen very little in any of our performances yet this season to suggest we can sustain a real top 6 push with a view to actually getting up.

As I say, we're a solid team, upper mid-table beckons, IMO. Too inconsistent, too many youngsters making mistakes that cost us games and not good enough in possession yet to boss games. 

(That said, as always I hope i'm wrong and to be fair, it could change if Walsh and Williams' returns make the difference we hope and Mawson's back from injury at some point.) 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Some of the comments on here are great, do some people see a different league table to me? Cause I see us 2nd with a 2 points per game average. Can’t be right though as it appears we’re bottom judging by the reactions 

Yep.

We’re on track for 92 points ?

Just now, petehinton said:

Some of the comments on here are great, do some people see a different league table to me? Cause I see us 2nd with a 2 points per game average. Can’t be right though as it appears we’re bottom judging by the reactions 

Correct, won’t be far away from the promotion places averaging 2 points per game. Performances slightly worrying though, not massively penetrating today. 

Love tins as a pundit, talks a really good game

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

Nagy and Massengo are both more than good enough to be involved IMO.

No idea about Walsh, but very wary that so many people on here have decided he's the saviour.

Williams I've not seen much of either but likewise there's a lot of hype.

Indeed, but Dean seems to have frozen Nagy and Massengo out. And Dean himself said Walsh was key to the way we want to play. He wanted Williams and then complained we had too many midfielders!

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

One thing I think this game confirms.

Paterson is nowhere near consistent enough to hold a playmaker role.

Needs Walsh there who has better vision and range of passing.

I really hope Walsh and Williams live up to expectation. Not particularly singling out your post, it just you happen to mention one of them.

I have only seen Walsh play a couple of times but of course know about his time at Coventry who obviously weren’t a Championship side. Williams I know nothing about except him signing was met with delight by many. I just am concerned if people are begging them up they will have a lot of expectation on them.

I agree though the midfield isn’t as good as it could be, and if we get that right the strikers might not look so starved.

5 minutes ago, collier said:

Really?? What's the point of this comment? Just trying to antagonise people. We got a point, we didn't play particularly well but we were not dire either. Talk about the game instead of trying to rile up people maybe.

But it’s ok to claim Holden will be out of a job by Christmas and Semenyo is a donkey. Those sort of positive comments are much more acceptable....according to your agenda I suppose ?

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I don't have a crystal ball - but personally i've seen very little in any of our performances yet this season to suggest we can sustain a real top 6 push with a view to actually getting up.

I think the thing we have seen so far is results. Table shows that. There are plenty of managers with a good track record at tjis level where excitement and quality of football are not what has given them their success. 

4 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

That sounds familiar - we're 6th, we're only 1 point of the playoffs, we're only 4 points off the playoffs. Sounds like the tail end of last season - the direction of travel is important and just like before we've been well worked out over the international break and don't seem to know what to do about it. 

But why only look at direction of travel in last couple of games? Take slightly longer view and our direction of travel is... second. 

Holden is a new manager. Time to figure out best team seems reasonable and a lot of places have been nailed down. That's progress. Weve lost once in league all season. But this thread reads like entire season is a write off. 

Second after 7 games is doing ok by any measure. Not sure what new managers have a perfect first 7 games in charge. 

Archived