IGNORED

City team v Cherries

sglosbcfc

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s a few years since I`ve seen us down there but we pretty much used to take the place over.

Always fun in Kings Park after mind!

Went to watch Bournemouth FC vs Mangotsfield in a cup game years ago.

My Dad got the directions off the Mangotsfield website and we were taken to AFC Bournemouth instead. 

Got to the right ground about 15 minutes late and missed both goals in a 1-1 draw.

44 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

would this help midfield?

Bentley 

Vyner Moore Kalas  Rowe

Hunt paterson,Bakinson  Dasilva 

Wells Diedhiou 

I don’t think so.  We have to stick to three at the back surely, so how about:

Bentley

Vyner Moore Kalas

Hunt    Bakinson   Brunt   Dasilva

Paterson (or O’Dowda)

Martin   Wells

I think you might be right that he’ll play Diedhiou instead of Martin though.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

My Dad got the directions off the Mangotsfield website and we were taken to AFC Bournemouth instead. 

Got to the right ground about 15 minutes late and missed both goals in a 1-1 draw.

What cup was that in?  I saw a match programme from Sept 2005 but it didn’t mention what the fixture was.  Too early for FA Cup???

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Bournemouth another side who play with wing backs. I think Forest are the only team that have not played wing backs against us this season. It has become very popular in the championship. Most teams play a type of 3 at the back system now.

They do indeed.  Got 90% of my screenshots ready.  Just the words to fit around them now.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What cup was that in?  I saw a match programme from Sept 2005 but it didn’t mention what the fixture was.  Too early for FA Cup???

They do indeed.  Got 90% of my screenshots ready.  Just the words to fit around them now.

Was an FA Cup qualifying round I think. 2005 sounds about the right year that I went.

The extra preliminaries start in August.

We have made two mediokre games, Holden have things to think about, midfield. Weimann probably injuried and Pato is Pato. Would like to see Nagy and Walsh in the team but it seems to DH as LJ prefers COD. First game for Brunt vs Swansea for a long while, think he will be good and would like him from start vs Bournemouth. Martin and Wells upfront, they click together. Hunt back in the starting eleven Hope City surprise us with a good game.

14 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s a few years since I`ve seen us down there but we pretty much used to take the place over.

Always fun in Kings Park after mind!

I remember they had the hoolie van down there one year, if I remember rightly some of our lot were quite keen to tip it over ?

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Bournemouth ? 

Hey major its good to see you are well and you have got your jovial banter always going. Keep safe mate no what ever happens. I must of missed the Bournemouth post earlier so not sure how to respond.

hope the covert crap in the UK is not effecting you to much ?

13 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don’t think so.  We have to stick to three at the back surely, so how about:

Bentley

Vyner Moore Kalas

Hunt    Bakinson   Brunt   Dasilva

Paterson (or O’Dowda)

Martin   Wells

I think you might be right that he’ll play Diedhiou instead of Martin though.

I would go for that line up - probably with O'Dowda and rest Paterson. 

It'll be interesting to see the contest on our right side against their left - we predominately attack down the right away from home and they are predominately left sided home and away.

I think we could match up their 3-4-3.

16 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Presumably, on this basis, the online forum for AFC Bournemouth is not OTIB?

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I would go for that line up - probably with O'Dowda and rest Paterson. 

It'll be interesting to see the contest on our right side against their left - we predominately attack down the right away from home and they are predominately left sided home and away.

I think we could match up their 3-4-3.

Jack Stacey has just stated “hold my beer”!

And my preview features Stacey a fair bit. ???

13 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Moore

Hunt  Nagy Bakinson Brunt  Dasilva

Diédhiou   Wells

Bench: O'Leary, Rowe, Massengo, O'Dowda, Paterson, Martin

That’s only 6 subs mate, presumably Semenyo was your 7th?

Don’t think you are going to be far away there but I would be very surprised if Nagy goes from not even making the subs bench in any league game so far, to starting.

Every possibility the other 10 are correct, though.

Seems to me that DH needs to be more strategic with his selections. 

For example, Chris Brunt is getting on a bit so maybe best for him to come out of the side this week and come back in on Saturday or next week.  Ferguson used to do it with Giggs.  Pat Lam does it with Dave Attwood.  Pick and chose his games.

Similarly, get Fam a start and rest Martin.  If he isn't pro-active we'll end up with more muscle injuries and the squad will really start to look small.  Also, is Dasilva ready to play every 3 days or would it be better to put back in for this game to keep Dasilva for the Norwich game.  An extra midfielder to start for me...

Max

Vyner Moore Kalas

Hunt  Paterson Bakinson Nagy Rowe

Semenyo Fam

Subs  Bentley; Da Silve; Massengo; Wells; Martin; COD; Brunt (or Walsh/Williams if available);

59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That’s only 6 subs mate, presumably Semenyo was your 7th?

Yes, him or a defender from the Academy (Towler?).

59 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t think you are going to be far away there but I would be very surprised if Nagy goes from not even making the subs bench in any league game so far, to starting.

True. I'd choose him instead of Massengo (less experience) or O'Dowda (more a LM/RM than a CM), but the latter could be Holden's favourite option.

For the variety of teams we’ve each selected, I can’t say I’ve seen a bad one.  We have a reasonably decent squad.  There are no crap players in it.  There are of course some we deem better than others, but every player in our squad has had decent games at this level.  We should take some positives from that.  We haven’t had to thrust a kid from the academy in who we know isn’t ready.  That time might come but it hasn’t yet.

We are debating the merits of Hungarian international Nagy not getting in, Rowe or Dasilva at LWB, etc.  They are good things to be discussing.

We all have our opinions, but as long as Dean picks players based on sound logic, e.g. form, fatigue etc, it is what it is.

I think there is entitled (not in a negative way) frustration re injuries.  That’s overshadowed some things imho.

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't think Holden will agree with me but I'd go with the following 3-1-3-2 line up...

Massengo

Massengo Massengo Massengo 

Massengo 

Massengo Massengo Massengo 

Massengo Semenyo 

What is Semenyo doing in that line up? He won't be on the same wavelength as the rest of the team.

Archived