IGNORED

It gets worse for Notts Co.

22A

Oh dear; founder members of the Prem, then they dropped down and two years ago, out of the EFL.

They expected to bounce straight back, but didn't. Now this season Covid has struck

https://fanbanter.co.uk/national-league-side-pull-out-of-the-fa-cup-fourth-qualifying-round/?fbclid=IwAR1j5XeYBzk8F9YZaYfKlK3ChB687qWZi4NJ5bmvrE2X17lL929H-OkNVl8

"A National League side have decided to pull out of the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round, in what’s becoming a familiar but sad sight this year. Two more Notts County players have tested positive for the coronavirus and as a result they have withdrawn from the Emirates FA Cup. This means that they have postponed their upcoming National League matches away to FC Halifax Town and Aldershot Town, as well as their FA Cup tie away to King’s Lynn Town.

CLUB STATEMENT
Two more of our players have tested positive for Covid-19 and as a result we have withdrawn from the Emirates FA Cup and postponed our upcoming Vanarama National League matches away to FC Halifax Town and Aldershot Town. After four members of our squad tested positive for the virus last week, we scheduled another round of testing this Wednesday to identify any further infections. Unfortunately this has resulted in two more positive results and, following consultation with the FA and National League’s medical officers, we have taken the difficult but responsible decision not to travel to King’s Lynn Town on Saturday and to temporarily halt our league campaign.

King’s Lynn will be awarded a bye to the first round and our trips to Halifax and Aldershot will be rearranged for later in the season. We would like to thank each club for their cooperation and understanding".

10 minutes ago, 22A said:

Oh dear; founder members of the Prem, then they dropped down and two years ago, out of the EFL.

They expected to bounce straight back, but didn't. Now this season Covid has struck

https://fanbanter.co.uk/national-league-side-pull-out-of-the-fa-cup-fourth-qualifying-round/?fbclid=IwAR1j5XeYBzk8F9YZaYfKlK3ChB687qWZi4NJ5bmvrE2X17lL929H-OkNVl8

"A National League side have decided to pull out of the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round, in what’s becoming a familiar but sad sight this year. Two more Notts County players have tested positive for the coronavirus and as a result they have withdrawn from the Emirates FA Cup. This means that they have postponed their upcoming National League matches away to FC Halifax Town and Aldershot Town, as well as their FA Cup tie away to King’s Lynn Town.

CLUB STATEMENT
Two more of our players have tested positive for Covid-19 and as a result we have withdrawn from the Emirates FA Cup and postponed our upcoming Vanarama National League matches away to FC Halifax Town and Aldershot Town. After four members of our squad tested positive for the virus last week, we scheduled another round of testing this Wednesday to identify any further infections. Unfortunately this has resulted in two more positive results and, following consultation with the FA and National League’s medical officers, we have taken the difficult but responsible decision not to travel to King’s Lynn Town on Saturday and to temporarily halt our league campaign.

King’s Lynn will be awarded a bye to the first round and our trips to Halifax and Aldershot will be rearranged for later in the season. We would like to thank each club for their cooperation and understanding".

I did wonder why it had `match cancelled` against the fixture yesterday - unusual to see that and not `match postponed`.

All made clear now though - the thin end of the wedge I fear.

27 minutes ago, 22A said:

CLUB STATEMENT

Founder members of the Prem. You sure about that ?  I don't think so.

Founder members of the Football League who donated shirts to Juventus hence the reason they play in the same strip.

Either way a club in trouble like many others which is sad to see.

55 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've always liked them.

And I have a fond memory of Stuart Naylor kicking balls up for us to knock about in the warm up at a very empty Meadow Lane around 1996.

They have had a bad run of owners; hopefully the current Dutch owners who took over last season will turn them around.

i went there once to watch city,stood on an open end terrace,lost 1-0 then walked back over a bridge looking at the forest ground.chalk and cheese,even then which wasnt too many decades ago. fondest memory was the manky burger which said dont eat at football again. much better down the gate these days ,lovin some of the food on offer

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've always liked them.

And I have a fond memory of Stuart Naylor kicking balls up for us to knock about in the warm up at a very empty Meadow Lane around 1996.

They have had a bad run of owners; hopefully the current Dutch owners who took over last season will turn them around.

I had a soft spot for them when Jon Stead joined them. (Incidentally he scored for Harrogate Town yesterday in a 2-1 defeat)

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

i went there once to watch city,stood on an open end terrace,lost 1-0 then walked back over a bridge looking at the forest ground.chalk and cheese,even then which wasnt too many decades ago. fondest memory was the manky burger which said dont eat at football again. much better down the gate these days ,lovin some of the food on offer

You must mean "Trent Bridge"!  The  cricket ground is just the other side of the City ground.

4 hours ago, markcarter said:

Not founder members of the Premier League.  They were in the top flight for the last season of the old system in 1991-92 but were relegated and have never made it to the Premier League.

They were one of 22 clubs that agreed to resign from the football league at the end of the season, them and Luton - may not be founders but they were part of the breakaway and it backfired. I think there was a piece about it a few years ago when Luton dropped out of the league - the other team that went down that year bounced back, Luton & Notts County never made it to the Prem.

I feel for Notts County, plenty have gone before them with quite a lot of history - hopefully they'll go the way of Oxford rather than Stockport. Sad to see they've had to cancel a game, bad timing with the FA Cup.

2 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I saw the league table they were in and couldn't believe the sides in there. 

Stockport (they really did drop heavily) 

Torquay united

Hartlepool 

Wrexham

Barnet

Yeovil 

Chesterfield. 

Seen those teams play against the City many times in the league.

2 of those, and Notts Co were League 1 when we won it I think. 

Archived