IGNORED

Gregor MacGregor on Sounds of the City Monday night

Never to the dark side

Some highlights

On Saturday's spot-kick award: "I think it was a penalty, but I might be in the minority."

What have you made of City generally?: "I think actually at the moment they're in a little bit of a false position myself."

On Dean's tactics on Saturday: "I liked the way that he ended the match with so many strikers on the pitch, Guardiolaesque almost at times there."

About the goal we conceded: "I'm actually a little bit more concerned at the other end, because I don't think in the last two games they have been able to create very much at all."

On Walsh and Williams injuries: "Those guys have been out for a while now. We've not seen anything of Joe Williams whatsoever. On paper that could be Bristol City's first choice central-midfield."

On whether Semenyo will start at Bournemouth: "I think there might be a bit of rotation there myself."

I think in all fairness to MacGregor he has in the past asked the pertinent questions that most of us  as supporters would want him to ask. He has a good way about himself and like all hacks needs to have a relationship of sorts with the likes of DH. He asked about Walsh and Williams for example in past few days and got a response.  Fair play to him I say, the replies might be a bit cagy but he asks. 

He researches well and does pretty well.  I think he has always had good relations with DH and referred to LJ as helpful but a bit spiky.  Club's can and do freeze out who journalists or managers take a dislike. I think Gregor does pretty well and strikes a good balance.     

Have to say  that Geoff 'your roads' @ two zero man is a class act.   He is obviously media trained and professional but switching careers at quite a late stage has meant he has kept his personality in his broadcasting style in contrast to so many bland presenters.     Ali Durden strikes me as the best commentator.

Archived