IGNORED

Under 23s

GrahamC

Playing v Crewe at present;

Interesting that Jojo Wollacott starts for the first time & also that Ryley Towler doesn’t, which suggests very strongly that he will travel to Bournemouth tomorrow at the very least to be 19th man in case of any late injury/illness.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If he’s done well at Torquay perhaps a higher level loan on the cards?

He can't though can he? EFL transfer window is shut now so that level is the best he can be at unless he's in our side

53 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Playing v Crewe at present;

Interesting that Jojo Wollacott starts for the first time & also that Ryley Towler doesn’t, which suggests very strongly that he will travel to Bournemouth tomorrow at the very least to be 19th man in case of any late injury/illness.

Benarous not playing or on the bench either, maybe travelling with the first team?

3 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

He can't though can he? EFL transfer window is shut now so that level is the best he can be at unless he's in our side

Benarous not playing or on the bench either, maybe travelling with the first team?

Never seen the lad play so can’t comment too much but that would be a massive jump to go from National League to Championship. Not only that his game time would be very limited unless he came in and tore it up. Strange one.

8 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Isnt it the case with U23's that they can still play in our U23 games? Even with being on loan to non-league teams? Sure I've read that somewhere previously...

11 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

No, Britton can’t be loaned higher up the pyramid until the window opens again.

Others will know more than me, but not sure Benarous has featured in any of the other U23 games this season, so seems unlikely.

Opi Edwards has & he isn’t playing today..

Just now, GrahamC said:

Others will know more than me, but not sure Benarous has featured in any of the other U23 games this season, so seems unlikely.

I would imagine the U23’s is picked on who needs games, who the opposition is etc. and we can’t read too much into it.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Opi got red carded last game

Benarous has featured in pretty much all 23's games bar the previous one and this one

Taking into account the loss against Sheffield Utd came with all goals scored after Opi's red card, good start to the season.

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Never thought about going to see an U23 match but if I can watch local non league side  I would hope be able to see a bit of U23 football. Curious what rules are about this and in these times if played at non league stadium. 

Behind closed doors

Archived