IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

30 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Saturday followed by a Flyers tip-off (is that the right phrase?) later in the evening. 

That is the right phrase, yes. 

Only thought here is how drunk are people turning up at a Flyers game after a City game? Doors generally open for Flyers games at 18:30 (but could probably be brought forward to 18:00) so that's at least an extra hour after the game of drinking after a full day of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

That is the right phrase, yes. 

Only thought here is how drunk are people turning up at a Flyers game after a City game? Doors generally open for Flyers games at 18:30 (but could probably be brought forward to 18:00) so that's at least an extra hour after the game of drinking after a full day of it. 

Excellent! What a day :drunk2::drunk2:

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

The redevelopment must be good news for the Flyers eh @Davefevs - hopefully they'll do a "bundled" season ticket (as they did with Bristol for a couple of years) and give City or Bris ST Holders a nice discount on a Flyers ST. Can imagine weekends where we have Bristol play on a Friday night, City 3pm ko on a Saturday followed by a Flyers tip-off (is that the right phrase?) later in the evening. 

Less than 24 hours isn’t enough time to turn around rugby to football for the facilities, nice idea though.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

The redevelopment must be good news for the Flyers eh @Davefevs - hopefully they'll do a "bundled" season ticket (as they did with Bristol for a couple of years) and give City or Bris ST Holders a nice discount on a Flyers ST. Can imagine weekends where we have Bristol play on a Friday night, City 3pm ko on a Saturday followed by a Flyers tip-off (is that the right phrase?) later in the evening. 

It is my hope that they do a 3pm Saturday football / 7.30pm tip off....will be a perfect Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Less than 24 hours isn’t enough time to turn around rugby to football for the facilities, nice idea though.

They aren’t playing outdoors on the football pitch! ?

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is my hope that they do a 3pm Saturday football / 7.30pm tip off....will be a perfect Saturday.

They aren’t playing outdoors on the football pitch! ?

Rugby on indoor surfaces hurts, done it before, not a great idea....

Edited by Lrrr

15 hours ago, The Wild Bunch said:

Looks great.  Future Match days could be interesting.  Pre match beers in the extended fanzone, game followed by a gig in the new arena! 

So long as they don't use the same sound engineers as the Stadium! :D

In all seriousness, if they design and build this right, the gig options could be huge.  They have to get the acoustics right though.  Given up going to rock gigs at the Cardiff Motorpoint for example as the sound is just so muddy. Sort that out and that's a potential game changer for the city of Bristol. 

• Admin
55 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Thought they needed 36/48 hours, if Bristol were on the Friday I thought we played on the Sunday. 

Marking a pitch doesn't take long, and swapping the posts would be easily done in a couple of hours

I bet if they really wanted to they could hold one on an evening and the other the following day

I'm not sure what logistically needs changing aside from the pitch

13 hours ago, phantom said:

I've often heard and read this, but is it actually documented anywhere or is it a bit urban legend? 

Never known of any other stand have to be replaced due to age. 

There must be older stands out there? 

The big stand to the left at Hillsborough - knocked up for the '66 World Cup. 

13 hours ago, pongo88 said:

This is a good point. The stand basically consists of a steel girder frame with pre-formed concrete sections for terraces to support the seats. “Concrete cancer” can affect concrete structures but this is usually caused by water ingress causing the steel reinforcements to rust. As the stand has a roof,  water ingress is unlikely and there is no visible sign of deterioration at present. As you say, there must be older stands. (The original Wembley Stadium lasted 80 years before it was demolished)

Is there a structural engineer who can give a definitive answer?

The Dolman was designed and built shortly after the Morandi bridge in Genoa that collapsed a couple of years ago. Just saying, like...

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

14 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Mayor Marvin Rees has famously stated his intention for Bristol to build high, and I wholeheartedly support him on that. Modern age Manchester looks fantastic, and we're about 20 years behind them as it stands.

Hopefully between them Steve L and Marvin R might finally drag our dated city into the 21st century. 

Meanwhile, up here in Fenland the local Mayor  has announced that the railway will be extended, bringing with it those new fangled steam trains, planners will now allow brick built houses, farmers have done away with horses and are now using steam powered tractors and threshing machines that these exciting developments will bring the area into the 20th century with a bang!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Mayor Marvin Rees has famously stated his intention for Bristol to build high, and I wholeheartedly support him on that. Modern age Manchester looks fantastic, and we're about 20 years behind them as it stands.

Hopefully between them Steve L and Marvin R might finally drag our dated city into the 21st century. 

Apart from Marv's Marvellous underground.

Has anyone started digging yet?

One thing to note about the flats behind the Dolman is that BCC have just finished spending a lot of money on them doing up the exterior (not sure if anything`s been done inside or not) with new roofs, brick cladding, windows etc. If you look from the smoking area you can see it`s been done to a very high standard. I can`t see them being knocked down for 30+ years now if I`m honest.

The negative publicity for the council would be dreadful and I can`t see the scheme would have happened if there was any inkling that their might be a future deal with SL for a swap with Ashton Vale. You have to remember as well that a lot of the flats will be privately owned having been bought under right-to-buy and that also presents it`s own huge and costly problems.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2020 at 18:10, phantom said:

Looks incredible

I find it odd that this information isn't all over the football and rugby sites

I don't.  It's a consultation for people directly affected (ie live locally).  They've made efforts to contact people directly which is fair enough.

They want comments on the specific plans not necessarily general comments from people from Cheddar or South Glos.

On 27/10/2020 at 21:59, CyderInACan said:

Just read that, I’m not happy that they have approved flats not much bigger than a budget hotel room. I suppose they do have windows? ?

Edited by exAtyeoMax