IGNORED

AG Redevelopment latest

CyderInACan

15 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Well said.  As a Nimby here that is my only concern. I'd like there to be something in place preventing both facilities being used simultaneously.

Eg if city are home on a Tuesday night you can't have a concert at the same time. The additional parking needs to be used for football and rugby supporters on matchday 

I doubt anything like that would be allowed. The closest they'd come to it would probably be having football or rugby on a Saturday afternoon and then something in the arena later in the evening.

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Well said.  As a Nimby here that is my only concern. I'd like there to be something in place preventing both facilities being used simultaneously.

Eg if city are home on a Tuesday night you can't have a concert at the same time. The additional parking needs to be used for football and rugby supporters on matchday 

Get the idea that for the hotel, the carpark is essential, but for all other events, surely it isn't beyond the club/promoter putting on sport and shows to work with First and have the cost of travel built in to the ticket price.

You would think no better reason for an Ashton Gate station.

Yet to discount it now by excluding match day figures for football, rugby and basketball, let alone other events, seems beyond naive to me.

Oh its a council! If you cannot get a job in the private sector work for a public body. Dumpsters holding back the regions because they lack intelligence. I cannot think of any other reason. Logic is something crushed by council dictat bollox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Yet to discount it now by excluding match day figures for football, rugby and basketball, let alone other events, seems beyond naive to me.

Oh its a council! If you cannot get a job in the private sector work for a public body. Dumpsters holding back the regions because they lack intelligence. I cannot think of any other reason. Logic is something crushed by council dictat bollox.

Local Government is constrained by bureaucracy, regulations, and auditing. If you play by the book, all is good. If you stray away from the rigid regime, you are likely to get into trouble. No wonder local government is staid and risk averse. I suppose its similar to being an MP, they go into it thinking they can make a difference, but they soon find out that if they try, they'll be on their own and in danger of coming a cropper. Best to toe the line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Local Government is constrained by bureaucracy, regulations, and auditing. If you play by the book, all is good. If you stray away from the rigid regime, you are likely to get into trouble. No wonder local government is staid and risk averse. I suppose its similar to being an MP, they go into it thinking they can make a difference, but they soon find out that if they try, they'll be on their own and in danger of coming a cropper. Best to toe the line.

No, its because people can't get jobs in the private sector.

FFS.

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Local Government is a catch all phrase covering planning to Social care to bin collections to tree officers.

Comparing it to the private sector is like comparing running a bakery to being a tiddly winks player. Or a shellfish to a bin bag. 

The main reason why both Bristol mayors have been failures is they don't understand the organisation they lead. One's a local businessman not averse to a bit of cronyism  the other a career politician who worked for the NHS.  Zero insight so unable to be effective. Forever falling into the trap of employing failures from elsewhere who aren't up to the job.

• Admin
55 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Can you imagine the size of a station that would need to be built to cope with a matchday crowd 

Never going to happen 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Can you imagine the size of a station that would need to be built to cope with a matchday crowd 

Never going to happen 

Not sure how every London club does it with poxy little underground stations. 

The answer is queues and lots of trains (which is the actual problem). 

• Like 2

On 23/06/2021 at 08:59, The Bard said:

Nimby too of course and a matchday parking scheme for City/Bristol would placate me. I’m massively opposed to RPZ but matchdays are farcical round yer  

I went to one of the consultation meetings at AG 2 years ago or so and every question from concerned local residents about parking was answered with “trains”. It was obvious then and it’s obvious now that trains just will not happen. 

They need to face facts and deal with it. 

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

It's not commercially viable, the station is nothing to do with the council

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Not sure how every London club does it with poxy little underground stations. 

The answer is queues and lots of trains (which is the actual problem). 

You can't seriously compare an underground station to a new Ashton Gate station 

It's more than trains, there's simply not the space to control thousands of supporters 

Lummydaze, it’s taken them decades to try and resolve use of the LA Park and Ride Car Park. We’re still waiting on that!

The whole point of the mayoral scheme was to resolve such issues. Only in Bristol and North Somerset does such a goddam simple solution to a problem become an impossible fix.

Trains will be obsolete by the time your Mayor(s) get around to thinking about a station at Ashton Gate. 

Just celebrate your £multi-million 300 metres of ‘guided bus service’ on that bridge across The Cut. What’s that all about? Utterly bizarre.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, phantom said:

You can't seriously compare an underground station to a new Ashton Gate station 

It's more than trains, there's simply not the space to control thousands of supporters 

I don't see why not, it's all rails, trains and stations isn't it?

As someone that has stood in queues outside underground stations following football games I can confidently say there isn't space there either and yet they manage. They manage because they can bring a train in every couple minutes and keep the crowd moving, our problem will be not being able to bring a train in evey couple minutes, we simply don't have enough trains. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

It needs happen 

SL has said that “it” (the Atyeo stand) won’t be increased in size due to the cost of buying the houses and lack of need. A 27k capacity is perfectly ok in the Championship and, if City reach the Premier League, it would only be a sell out when the bigger teams visit. The big money comes from the Premier League and TV 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The Wickes parking thread got me thinking about this - it seems to have been an age since anything was released around it - anyone got any ideas or know anyone involved? Might be quite some while til we get to watch the Flyers in action in BS3 @Davefevs @SuperDziek

was a thread on it about a month ago Reg i think

EDIT: Found it 

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 1

On 02/07/2021 at 08:18, pongo88 said:

SL has said that “it” (the Atyeo stand) won’t be increased in size due to the cost of buying the houses and lack of need. A 27k capacity is perfectly ok in the Championship and, if City reach the Premier League, it would only be a sell out when the bigger teams visit. The big money comes from the Premier League and TV 

Have you noticed though that the teams with the larger attendances seem to be the ones that dominate so there is that for it, though unfortunately I could never see us being in that position to need a 50+ thousand seater stadium. 

• Admin
9 minutes ago, pillred said:

Have you noticed though that the teams with the larger attendances seem to be the ones that dominate so there is that for it, though unfortunately I could never see us being in that position to need a 50+ thousand seater stadium. 

Reckon that is a myth, for years many of our supporters said that end could not generate any proper noise, we have turned over many sides with a full Atyeo

The ground is not being redeveloped any more than it is, the houses are not owned by the club etc

On 02/07/2021 at 08:18, pongo88 said:

I don’t believe that , we’d sell out every game in the prem other than maybe Bournemouth.

• Like 1