IGNORED

Bournemouth away memories.

BCFC1512

Well this was certainly a game I’d of looked forward to if it was a normal season. Been a few times, I remember the FA cup win years ago also a cracking LDV win on a Tuesday night!! But the one that sticks out was when pulis left and no one gave us a chance. Few youngsters Chuck in, greats day!

Talking of the very large car park at one end (obviously before 4th stand built)  some years I recall looking over just before half-time and realised that a parking attendant was dishing out tickets.  I had parked near the end on a scruffy surface and thought it was free - all the machines were a hundred yards away next to the properly surfaced part nearer the town centre.

Luckily the stewards let me out of the gates (and back in) at half time and I managed to buy  a ticket just before the attendant got to my car.  It was a league match but can't remember anyone else about it. I think the previous year or so we played there in FA Cup and that was a 0-0 - Bournemouth winning at AG in the replay.   

Believe it or not, Dean Court used to be a happy hunting ground for us before their Russian oligarch bought them out. They were shit back then.

I remember Jamie Smith scoring in stoppage time to earn a 2-2 draw down there at the start of 04/05, and Tony Thorpe scoring in a 3-1 win a few years before that. 

I also recall a Cup game down there under Fawthrop which Murray scored twice and we won 2-0 in the rain. 

2nd Round FA Cup win the day after Tony Pulis left. Scott Murray at the double!

Sep 2006, 0-1 win (Jevons goal I think) Bradley Orr in tears hugging half the away crowd at the final whistle. Emotions running high after getting sent off trying to head butt Louis Carey (away to Northampton?) and being sentenced to a month in jail for scuffle at a nightclub the previous year. 

Those games will live forever in the memory. 

My memories are foggy, but I seem to remember the one ....

The game where part of a seat was thrown onto, and stuck in the pitch.

The game where it all kicked off on the green, people running everywhere and the lawn green bowling carrying on like nothing was happening. 

The one where Tony Thorpe scored and we won  , twice 

The rest sort of blend in 

• Admin

First visit for me after the move around, can remember sitting in my seat with a Bournemouth fan literally a couple of seats away, can remember it getting very lively in there that afternoon

Remember the pre-season friendly a couple of years back, their car park was full of Romanian gypsies and got threatened and offered numerous items just walking to the turnstiles - all by kids not even teenagers. Can remember their stewards struggling to stop the kids from sneaking under the turnstiles.

The following day after a great evening in Bournemouth we were sat on the pier enjoying a pint when we got chatting to some locals, they were telling us how they had the best pier in the UK, we said you could put their pier in our foyer at Weston pier, to which they got really offended about

The next morning I woke up in Weston to see the pier ablaze . . . 

F.A Cup. Think we lost 2-1. Battered them 2nd half only for Jimmy ‘####ing’ Glass to have a worldy. 
best bit was getting off coach before game to bright sunshine. Decided to leave my hefty rain coat on the coach. 2nd half we battered them and the hail battered me!

i was still soaked when we got back to bristol on the coach late that night. 
?

28 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

My memories are foggy, but I seem to remember the one ....

The game where part of a seat was thrown onto, and stuck in the pitch.

The game where it all kicked off on the green, people running everywhere and the lawn green bowling carrying on like nothing was happening. 

The one where Tony Thorpe scored and we won  , twice 

The rest sort of blend in 

Was going to quote that top one myself.

Pretty sure we lost but had an equalising goal chalked off early on for offside (maybe Glyn Riley?), the next thing a bit of a wooden seat has been broken & is on the pitch like a javelin, missing the linesman (who absolutely shit himself) by not very much.

That part of the stand was occupied by about half of Dorset’s constabulary within minutes, the atmosphere was shall I say, “tense”.

My first away game (apart from the gas) in the ‘80s. I think Harry Redknapp was their boss and we lost 2-0 to 2 penalties. Absolute riot kicked off in the stand. Wooden benches for seats ended on the pitch. Not a great way to start my love affair with away days, but very memorable.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Was going to quote that top one myself.

Pretty sure we lost but had an equalising goal chalked off early on for offside (maybe Glyn Riley?), the next thing a bit of a wooden seat has been broken & is on the pitch like a javelin, missing the linesman (who absolutely shit himself) by not very much.

That part of the stand was occupied by about half of Dorset’s constabulary within minutes, the atmosphere was shall I say, “tense”.

We cracked up when they sent in a guy with a long saw to neaten the edge of the back of the seat.  Different times for sure ?

I think. I went to every one of those games listed above, except the 1984 one. 

Also sure I remember a woeful 0-0 draw, whilst excitement was still high over Stewart & Bridges having just signed. I'm sure that was Bournemouth. 

Also went to a strip club one weekend away, down there. 

Spent a fortune on a lovely young lady...! 

I remember the time I made a plan to bring 1'200 gold balloons (sometime early 2000's) as it was on TV, made it to Dorchester in about 1hr 10 then got stuck in traffic hell, go to ground with about 2 minutes to spare and just through them across the away end.  Never again. 

57 minutes ago, nickolas said:

F.A Cup. Think we lost 2-1. Battered them 2nd half only for Jimmy ‘####ing’ Glass to have a worldy. 
best bit was getting off coach before game to bright sunshine. Decided to leave my hefty rain coat on the coach. 2nd half we battered them and the hail battered me!

i was still soaked when we got back to bristol on the coach late that night. 
?

That was live on sky, how we didn’t get at least a draw I’ll never know!!

27 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

That was live on sky, how we didn’t get at least a draw I’ll never know!!

I know!

How i didnt suffer hypothermia i’ll also never know!?

Also went there on a coooooold Tues night in LDV with about 300 people there. Oh the stupidity of youth!?

1985, 3-0 down inside first 10 minutes = loads of trouble. Final score 5-0. SO'D playing for them. Silver lining? the appalling welsh gasshole Gary Emmanuel never played for us again. 

1986, appalling referee Denis Hedges gives them 2 dodgy pens in a 2-0 defeat. Brian Williams fouling SO'D for the first. Moyesie sent off for disputing the second pen which sparked more trouble. With fans on the pitch, Hedges blew the final whistle early and scarpered. Silver lining? Bournemouth went up as champions that season but we taught them a lesson at Ashton Gate in the reverse fixture, SO'D and Pulis sent packing in style. 

We also played them in the League Cup that season - first round, first leg was away, a Tuesday night, we won 1-0. A game settled by my favourite Alan Walsh goal: in front of the away end, back to goal, edge of the penalty area. Takes the ball on his chest, swivel, first time volley as the ball drops... top corner. Not just my favourite goal but the very best of his 99, imo. Goal of the season, in August. Can still see it now, unbelievable finish.

Archived