IGNORED

Weimann out for the season

CyderInACan

And he's out of contract at the end of the season too. Oof, good luck on the recovery.

But as ever with injuries, you got to move on, and the next man up is really interesting.

I expected Joe Williams to take his role, but losing 1 of our top two number 8s currently hurts Dean Holden's plans,

but maybe, just maybe, if it forces us into

Brunt Bakinson

Patterson

It might work out better.

Really interesting to see if we switch the midfield formation or bring in O'Dowda as the next man up.

Bakinson

Paterson O'Dowda

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve said it for 2 years now. Constant injuries for one season can be unlucky. Constant injuries for 3-4 seasons is negligence.  Something isn’t right at city and we are getting injuries because of it.  Hope Andi is okay mentally if not physically 

I hope Andi is ok as well and it turns out its not so bad. One thing though “something isn’t right at city” what are you suggesting isn’t right and it is connected to injuries?

These are professional and very fit footballers. Injuries are part of the job.

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

I hope Andi is ok as well and it turns out its not so bad. One thing though “something isn’t right at city” what are you suggesting isn’t right and it is connected to injuries?

These are professional and very fit footballers. Injuries are part of the job.

I’m suggesting we’ve had more than our fair share of injures for four years now. Over that long isn’t down to bad luck 

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m suggesting we’ve had more than our fair share of injures for four years now. Over that long isn’t down to bad luck 

Yep, I don't know how our record with muscle injuries compares to other teams but it does feel higher. If so, there is probably something wrong with our S&C or training. An ACL obviously being a bit different due to the nature of the injury but this is a blow.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve said it for 2 years now. Constant injuries for one season can be unlucky. Constant injuries for 3-4 seasons is negligence.  Something isn’t right at city and we are getting injuries because of it.  Hope Andi is okay mentally if not physically 

All clubs get injuries and they sometimes seem to happen within a short time period. It’s just unfortunate and coping with it is just another string to the managers bow. 

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

This is utter bollocks. How is it anyone’s fault when a player does his ACL 

If it was constant muscle injuries then yes you can look at the training / physio side of things but not knee injuries ?

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

So you are saying the injuries are related to miss management, players not fit ?

i agree its a very long run of bad luck but what’s not right at the club 

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

In the nicest possible sense this could be a blessing in disguise from the point of view of our midfield 3 team selection. 

of course- would

never wish injury on any player, but the 3 of Bakinson/Paterson/Weimann looked like it was going to be over run etc. 

Leaves us light on forward options though. If one of our forwards gets injured (which is likely at some stage) it means rotating between 3. Not great news. 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder whether this will mean we let Weimann go end of the season and we don't trigger that extra year.

He must be one of our highest earners too - that must be a consideration 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

O'Dowda

Only he can replicate AW's non-stop running? 

24 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It's very difficult to prove any wrongdoing ( not that it would ever be intentional) but I do think you are right, I can remember saying something similar a few years back after Pisano was rushed back too early and injured himself again, we do seem to have far more consistent long-term injuries than I can ever remember....even the Liam Walsh and Joe WIlliams situation is odd as one minute we are told they are "back on the grass" and then another 8 weeks go by without so much as a run-out in the U-23's.

In the good old days we seemed to be told the extent of the injury not long after it occured and then the player would be back  up and running in that approx timescale and not suffer any relapses.

Get well soon Andi, quite incredible to think he got back up and carried on playing with that injury!

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

So what do you think is the problem?

The problem is we are getting too many injuries for 4 years now.  I would hope people at the club aren’t putting it down to just bad luck and would be investigating.   Poor performance on any areas over that length of time is not down to luck.  

Would be interested in seeing Nagy start, aerobically the fittest in the squad with highest yo-yo test score. Put him to work as a high intensity midfielder. Will probably be O’Dowda though. Increases Towler’s bench chances though as he can cover CB and CM in a variety of roles.

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

So two years ago I say there’s a problem and get many replies saying it’s nonsense. The injuries keep coming so mention it again and yet again get replies saying it’s just bad luck.  Hmmmm. Let’s wait another two years shall we.  

You still have not answered the question on your view “something is not right at the club”

knee injuries are not preventable. OK other injuries that keep reoccurring as a consequence of players not being fully fit and being offered up to play early is different. 

Archived