IGNORED

Weimann out for the season

CyderInACan

Just now, And Its Smith said:

The problem is we are getting too many injuries for 4 years now.  I would hope people at the club aren’t putting it down to just bad luck and would be investigating.   Poor performance on any areas over that length of time is not down to luck.  

I hope people are investigating for sure but I'd also hope that the random factor is not discounted. E.g. over the course of a season, teams will get an average number of x injuries but that average number will not be equally distributed across all teams. It will come from some teams getting a load of injuries and some teams getting a tiny number of injuries. Statistically it is possible that one team could be unlucky and get an increased number of injuries for two years in a row and there will be statistical outliers of teams that go three or four years with excessive numbers of injuries.

By which I mean, the medical team could be doing something wrong but it is certainly statistically possible we are unlucky and any investigation into the number of injuries should not discount the possibility it really is down to bad luck.

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So what do you think is the problem?

I dunno if its high intensity training, but weimann was allowed up and continued playing for a few minute before going down again,,, and the same thing happened when kalas hurt his shoulder. If our medical staff cant see a ####ed up acl in the middle of the game then what use are they??

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Would be interested in seeing Nagy start, aerobically the fittest in the squad with highest yo-yo test score. Put him to work as a high intensity midfielder. Will probably be O’Dowda though. Increases Towler’s bench chances though as he can cover CB and CM in a variety of roles.

Agree with this. I think it will be O'Dowda but think Nagy has the best chance to replicating Weimann's intensity and work rate. 

6 minutes ago, City oz said:

You still have not answered the question on your view “something is not right at the club”

knee injuries are not preventable. OK other injuries that keep reoccurring as a consequence of players not being fully fit and being offered up to play early is different. 

I’m clearly not talking about just knee injuries. I’ve mentioned our total injury record over a four year period.  Impossible for someone outside the club to deduce exactly what is wrong but that doesn’t mean there isn’t.  

Bad luck and coincidence doesn’t last years and years. 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m clearly not talking about just knee injuries. I’ve mentioned our total injury record over a four year period.  Impossible for someone outside the club to deduce exactly what is wrong but that doesn’t mean there isn’t.  

It would if we could get stats on other clubs for comparison. I agree it is bad luck and the bad luck seems to have continued. 

I do not think there is something wrong at the club and maybe just a run of bad luck around the number of injuries. 

Think positive as although an injury is of concern and especially an injury that potentially can keep a player out for six months is devastating it still then gives a clubs head coach to try other potential players that they have in the back of their mind that may be ready to step up and give them a chance sooner rather than later.

Absolutely huge blow.

Underrated player who was integral to how we wanted to play.

The fact that we have plenty of other midfield options is some consolation but he will be a huge miss.

Strange, but when he went down I thought it was minor & Sessegnon was the one who would be out longer.

16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Let's see a list then.

How many of the injuries were preventable? Jay's shin splints? Korey's reckless challenge that left him with a bad impact injury? Sessegnons hamstring, a player who has only been with us a couple of months? Two of the other injuries were players with previous injury records, Afobe and Mawson. Diedhou's was a freak too.

I am just interested in which injuries you think were preventable from the "huge list".

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Let's see a list then.

How many of the injuries were preventable? Jay's shin splints? Korey's reckless challenge that left him with a bad impact injury? Sessegnons hamstring, a player who has only been with us a couple of months? Two of the other injuries were players with previous injury records, Afobe and Mawson. Diedhou's was a freak too.

I am just interested in which injuries you think were preventable from the "huge list".

Signing players with injury problems and them then getting injured isn’t bad luck really is it.  We have literally signed players with an increased chance of injury.  That’s one area where we need to improve. 

Playing players that shouldn’t be playing or poor training techniques will be other areas that should be looked at. 

The chances of Hamstring injuries and shin splints can be reduced as well.  Are we doing that? Who knows. 

Not quite sure why people refuse to even think their might be an issue. Don’t want to think bad Of the club I guess 

39 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Training could well be the main reason. Johnson often said we were the fittest side in the division. Could it be that too much stress is being put on their bodies?

I don't know much about this sort of thing. But training and diet is what gets their bodies into the condition it is, and it seems their bodies can't cope going by all the bad injuries they suffer.

ACL injuries are nothing to do with fitness. It’s caused by hyperextending the knee, I’ve done mine. There’s nothing a physio can do to pre empt it .  The ACL & I think ICL balance the knee so you can twist & turn . It’s always the ACL that seems to rupture.   

1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

In the nicest possible sense this could be a blessing in disguise from the point of view of our midfield 3 team selection. 

of course- would

never wish injury on any player, but the 3 of Bakinson/Paterson/Weimann looked like it was going to be over run etc. 

All it needs now is COD getting crocked and you’d be a happy poster 

I'd find it hard to believe that with all the development behind the scenes in recent years that our medical and sports science areas are lacking and a root cause.

I think we've been a tad unlucky but also fair to say we've taken some risks with regard to Mawson and Afobe for example.

Weimann strikes me as one of the fittest at the club. His availability since his arrival must be right up there.

Hope it's a full and speedy recovery for him.

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Signing players with injury problems and them then getting injured isn’t bad luck really is it.  We have literally signed players with an increased chance of injury.  That’s one area where we need to improve. 

Playing players that shouldn’t be playing or poor training techniques will be other areas that should be looked at. 

The chances of Hamstring injuries and shin splints can be reduced as well.  Are we doing that? Who knows. 

Not quite sure why people refuse to even think their might be an issue. Don’t want to think bad Of the club I guess 

Everything here is speculation. 

Have a look at other teams injuries vs ours. If ours are significantly higher then I'll look to agree with you. 

Just now, Gazred said:

I'd find it hard to believe that with all the development behind the scenes in recent years that our medical and sports science areas are lacking and a root cause.

I think we've been a tad unlucky but also fair to say we've taken some risks with regard to Mawson and Afobe for example.

Weimann strikes me as one of the fittest at the club. His availability since his arrival must be right up there.

Hope it's a full and speedy recovery for him.

Look at Liverpool and their current defensive crisis. Some teams are getting all the bad luck.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve said it for 2 years now. Constant injuries for one season can be unlucky. Constant injuries for 3-4 seasons is negligence.  Something isn’t right at city and we are getting injuries because of it.  Hope Andi is okay mentally if not physically 

The number of injuries we've experienced since the Desso pitch was installed in 2017 is ridiculous. No idea if that correlates with the Bears, though. 

12 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Weimann has a history of injury problems then, does he?

The bloke has an incredible availability record & I cannot see anything could have prevented this from happening.

Mawson was definitely a gamble that didn’t come off but really not sure who else you are referring to, unless you want to go back to the likes of Lee Matthews, Paul Holland & Paul Mortimer..

3 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Well at least we got Williams and Walsh fit and ready to go 

If we had them ⬆️ I don't think we'd worry about that ⬇️

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well he’s been amongst the chief armchair experts scapegoats for the last year or so, so really looking forward to seeing just how much we improve without him. 

Archived