IGNORED

Weimann out for the season

CyderInACan

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Signing players with injury problems and them then getting injured isn’t bad luck really is it.  We have literally signed players with an increased chance of injury.  That’s one area where we need to improve. 

Playing players that shouldn’t be playing or poor training techniques will be other areas that should be looked at. 

The chances of Hamstring injuries and shin splints can be reduced as well.  Are we doing that? Who knows. 

Not quite sure why people refuse to even think their might be an issue. Don’t want to think bad Of the club I guess 

have to agree with how you are thinking,i often wonder too,maybe we are too generous in the sickpay dept.only a joke but you dont hear of other clubs injuries going on and on for however many seasons

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think it maybe depends on how the other midfielders are doing.

Would not surprise me if Paterson and Weimann are both moved on if Walsh signs a new deal and is really good with Williams.

A bit like how Korey was released. Good enough to still be in our team or squad. But out of contract with a number of midfielders already here and in his late 20s, he was released. But I don't think that was down to his ability.

We got a number of other midfielders and hopefully Massengo will go onto another level by next season.

Pato is an interesting proposition, on one hand he is probably playing better than ever before for us....on the flip side he has been here what 4? 5? Years now.....and never really kicked on. I dont think the club would be that desperate to keep him, they let him go to derby after all. Weimann I get the impression is held in very high regard by all those at the club, not sure same could be said for Pato.

Either way, like the Smith situation, every player has a shelf life.....but I suppose it's all about progression 

It certainly weakens Weimann's agent's negotiating position when contract talks come round. Had he been ever-present again this season Weimann would be pushing hard for that 3 year deal just before he turns 30. Now he'll need a speedy recovery to have time to prove his worth (and durability).

57 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think it maybe depends on how the other midfielders are doing.

Would not surprise me if Paterson and Weimann are both moved on if Walsh signs a new deal and is really good with Williams.

A bit like how Korey was released. Good enough to still be in our team or squad. But out of contract with a number of midfielders already here and in his late 20s, he was released. But I don't think that was down to his ability.

We got a number of other midfielders and hopefully Massengo will go onto another level by next season.

I think we will retain one of the two, both are solid squad options. Perhaps it will more likely be Pato now.

Impressive that the awful news about AW gives some the chance for plenty chance of rhetoric and comment  in CODs direction

When he gets injured , It’s going to be difficult on match days , for some , on whom to scapegoat 

Paterson I guess ,

but if he then gets  injured ......... we may have to look for some alternative scapegoats in January

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Simon....when I did my ACL, I carried on playing for 5-10 minutes and it was only when I tried to twist that it gave out.  I did mine going up for a header unchallenged and came down straight legged.  ACLs often happen in freak circumstances.

It’s not really at all. See @steviestevieneville post below

It often looks minor...and that’s probably why Weimann thought it was a little tweak and tried to carry on. He was probably fine doing a little test running in straight lines....until he tried to turn at speed.

ACL (Anterior) and PCL (Posterior) stabilise the knee together with the medial ligaments.  For a professional footballer to have weak lateral and collateral ligaments (the ones on the inside and outside of the knee is not gonna be true.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5b2948100524ddf4276de343ce6c823.jpeg

ACL injuries have become more regular as the game has got faster and tougher.  They are as you say the result of hyper extension of the knee (which means extending further than it’s meant to).  My knee ended up at a near right angle to the side.  

Thanks Dave, PCL . Couldn’t think what it was called . Ironically enough I did mine going up for a header and hyperextended when landing . Tried going in for 50-50 block tackle straight after , and let’s just say I knew I wasn’t playing again ?

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Thanks Dave, PCL . Couldn’t think what it was called . Ironically enough I did mine going up for a header and hyperextended when landing . Tried going in for 50-50 block tackle straight after , and let’s just say I knew I wasn’t playing again ?

Ouccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Best of Luck Andi.............but as have said a number of times, we should have held onto Morrell until January, to see how things worked out.  If he was getting game time, he might well have stayed with us.  I am not being Captain Hindsight  regards this ?,  as I have expressed this opinion a number of times.  From having an overloaded midfield, we are now looking stretched, yes, some bad luck with injuries, but poor planning IMHO.

9 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m with the school of thought that this was a complete freak accident, and don’t think it in itself should raise questions over the medical team. Those are questions for another day. Today is about a bit of sympathy for a player, who like or loathe, never gives less than 100%.

I think AW himself says it best:

A16D1CA3-1BA1-4514-B647-167A626498CF.jpeg

Brilliant piece of humour from Weimann in his post. ‘Headless chicken’. He obviously reads some posters on this forum! I wish him a speedy recovery. 

Good luck to Andi - a really whole-hearted and honest player who brought goals and assists.  He'll have the attitude that gives him the best chance of a strong recovery and return.

I think Semenyo is an ideal replacement in the attacking midfield that AW played.  That leaves only three forwards which isn't enough.  So it looks like City have brought back Louis Britton.   It's a big leap up of course but I wouldn't mind seeing him get some minutes as he looks a natural goal scorer and physically looks to be a strong player who could adapt quickly. From twitter:-

Torquay United AFC announce the signing of forward Billy Waters, as loan striker Louis Britton returns to Bristol City. #tufc

8 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agreed, that's it precisely.

Unfortunately, I laughed out loud on Saturday when O'Dowda carried the ball 50 yards up the pitch, got into a dangerous position inside the Swansea penalty area..... and then just fell over fresh air. Literally. 

He brings plenty of energy but literally nothing else at the moment. The modern midfielder who carries the ball over distances always has end product - De Bruyne being the top example. O'Dowda has no end product. 

In contrast, I'm not a massive fan of Weimann (best wishes for a speedy recovery) but he does bring goals.  

Well let’s just go and buy this De Bruyne fella then, problem solved! 

7 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Good luck to Andi - a really whole-hearted and honest player who brought goals and assists.  He'll have the attitude that gives him the best chance of a strong recovery and return.

I think Semenyo is an ideal replacement in the attacking midfield that AW played.  That leaves only three forwards which isn't enough.  So it looks like City have brought back Louis Britton.   It's a big leap up of course but I wouldn't mind seeing him get some minutes as he looks a natural goal scorer and physically looks to be a strong player who could adapt quickly. From twitter:-

Torquay United AFC announce the signing of forward Billy Waters, as loan striker Louis Britton returns to Bristol City. #tufc

That would be an epic football fairy tail!

23 minutes ago, eardun said:

Brilliant piece of humour from Weimann in his post. ‘Headless chicken’. He obviously reads some posters on this forum! I wish him a speedy recovery. 

I laughed at that too - three cheers for self deprecating humour. However, any footballer who spends any of his time reading internet forums, or social media, needs his head examined. 

Archived