IGNORED

Bournemouth v Bristol City Match Day 8

Good evening folks!

After such a good start to the season, it's refreshing to know that City are still... well, City... 

A fan for over 20 years, City being City shows consistency which I for one am glad of, because we all know, it's the hope that hurts more.

Now, in other news, Mr Ashton has dug through his cabinet and wheeled out his favourite employee to announce they're building on dog shit swamp after all. Silbury Road residents are disgusted that "she who must not be named" made the announcement. They wanted Downsy instead. He's a cutie.

You Know Who also talked about consultations and asked the public for their feedback. But we all know it's a done deal, so don't waste your time. ?

On to tonight.

It's a clear case of the number twos this evening. Jase v Deano. Both thrown in at the respective deep ends at AG and Dean Court this summer. Local lad done good Lloyd Kelly will get a run out against his old employers, even though he will be naturally cautious after narrowly avoiding a red card in his previous game.

We have little chance against a recent Prem team sadly. 2-0 to the Cherries.

On to the next one.

COYRS

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Good evening folks!

After such a good start to the season, it's refreshing to know that City are still... well, City... 

A fan for over 20 years, City being City shows consistency which I for one am glad of, because we all know, it's the hope that hurts more.

Now, in other news, Mr Ashton has dug through his cabinet and wheeled out his favourite employee to announce they're building on dog shit swamp after all. Silbury Road residents are disgusted that "she who must not be named" made the announcement. They wanted Downsy instead. He's a cutie.

You Know Who also talked about consultations and asked the public for their feedback. But we all know it's a done deal, so don't waste your time. ?

On to tonight.

It's a clear case of the number twos this evening. Jase v Deano. Both thrown in at the respective deep ends at AG and Dean Court this summer. Local lad done good Lloyd Kelly will get a run out against his old employers, even though he will be naturally cautious after narrowly avoiding a red card in his previous game.

On to the next one.

COYRS

Did  Wycombe think they had no chance against recent Prem side Watford ?

We’ll have no more of this defeatist attitude young lady. It’s eleven v eleven + the ref + the football gods. We have every chance of popping the Cherries.

My money’s on a good game with a narrow win for the boys.

Bring It on .

:bruce_h4h:

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We’ll have no more of this defeatist attitude young lady. It’s eleven v eleven + the ref + the football gods. We have every chance of popping the Cherries.

Bring It on .

Young lady?

Whipping?

Ooooh Major!

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

On to the next one.

COYRS

I know these matchday threads are intended to be a bit of a light hearted alternative to Davefev's 'what can we expect' but could we get a bit more rationale behind this prediction? Is it just because they're a recent Prem team? Looking at the table we're ahead of them and they're hardly running away with the title. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know these matchday threads are intended to be a bit of a light hearted alternative to Davefev's 'what can we expect' but could we get a bit more rationale behind this prediction? Is it just because they're a recent Prem team? Looking at the table we're ahead of them and they're hardly running away with the title. 

Quite right, and going by recent seasons our away form is better than our home. (thank ****)

Believe in the power of purple

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They still have a lot of last seasons players & those like Josh King, who were trying to get a move away before the window closes, know they are there now for the next 2 months at least.

I’d be delighted with a point, especially with all our injuries but am pessimistic.

Expect at least 5 changes from Saturday with Hunt, Rowe, Bakinson & Wells all starting plus possibly Diedhiou & O’Dowda.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Mainly because toKnight I was in a grumpy mood.

Oh and when I bet on a loss, you can guarantee a City win.

59 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Bring It on .

I love that guy! (platonically of course)

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I consider myself a glass half full optimist.........but i cannot see past our second league defeat of the season tonight., Bournemouth should coast this one.....??

Really?? Have they been that good this season? Don't think so. Drawn more than they've won do that would be my guess. Point for City (2-2) and back up to 2nd.

Just now, Davefevs said:

If he does, he’s got to get involved, stop being on the periphery of games.  Big chance for any of the fringe players tonight.

Yep..........that's what we are all hoping for Dave.............someone to step up and nail down a place in the side, and show us all a cause to be optmistic?   Fingers and eyes crossed!

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They still have a lot of last seasons players & those like Josh King, who were trying to get a move away before the window closes, know they are there now for the next 2 months at least.

I’d be delighted with a point, especially with all our injuries but am pessimistic.

Expect at least 5 changes from Saturday with Hunt, Rowe, Bakinson & Wells all starting plus possibly Diedhiou & O’Dowda.

26 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Mainly because toKnight I was in a grumpy mood.

Oh and when I bet on a loss, you can guarantee a City win.

I think a draw would be an excellent result. I fear the players might be a bit dejected by the injuries Weimann and Mawson's are both horrible injuries and I hope the players aren't feeling down because of it. Psychologically it might make the players pull out of challenges.

Archived