IGNORED

Bournemouth v Bristol City Match Day 8

Really good half. Some excellent passing and forward movement. Also looking solid defensively. 

Unlucky not to have scored from 3 serious efforts. 

Seems to be a very high tempo from both teams, so hope we don't tire and slack off, because they've clearly for the quality to punish us if we do. 

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Very hard working performance this far

Bakinson looking really good again

I'm not having a dig because I'm supportive of the lad and he's done well at times tonight, but at other times he's been too static and slow when pressed. So I wouldn't say really good. His link up play with Semenyo looks impressive though. 

Also unlucky with his effort on goal.

6 minutes ago, collier said:

Yes he is young, playing well just needs to realise he doesn't need 3-4 touches when a pass is available.

5 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Disagree, does more damage when driving at defenders.

When I’ve seen him for U23s and in his first , first team spell under LJ he was always trying to roll defenders and run with the ball, which is a strength but harder to do at first team level

For me he’s now mixing his game up , sometimes rolling but also knocking a quick ball off on occasions and then moving

1st half summary.

Decent away half for City.  Had the better (half) chances.  Controlled possession in safe areas but susceptible to giving it away a few times in poor areas....Bakinson especially.  Got to play the way he’s facing sometimes.

Fam looks right up for it...looks such a better player when he wants to “fight”.

Got to keep concentrating.  We are a threat from set pieces...keep putting them in the box.

O’Dowda beat and tidy, but does need to press a bit more aggressively.

Semenyo had a real chance right at the start, Kalas a header off the line.

The worry for me is they will have a spell at some point.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Not watching and only listened to the last five minutes on RB but reading some conflicting reviews of his performance first half. 

Put it this way the first half won’t go down in many peoples memories but we are working hard and once we had settled I think we were the better side

Archived