IGNORED

Bournemouth v Bristol City Match Day 8

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Regardless of the end result I see the performance , individually and collectively as a real positive 

I agree. If you have to “fault” us it would be that not getting ahead in that first half might cost us by 9.45pm!!

However, you can see what we are looking to do, the quality is sometimes there and sometimes not. A performance like tonight’s has been so far shows we can be a more than decent side at this level. We are playing a good side tonight.

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

After seeing this first half, don’t see any reason why Bakinson can’t play the Box go Box role and we play him next to Brunt and Pato rather than O’Dowda.

Exactly - I'm watching with a Leeds fan who's never seen him before and he said off the cuff that Bakinson reminded him of Viera and could play the box to box role perfectly

Just now, cidered abroad said:

A decent performance so far. The most danger from Bournemouth has come from our own mistakes in our own half - sometimes it's best to hit it long rather than try to play your way out of our half, especially away from home.

Worth at least a point so far.

Indeed, they are linking up poorly in our half when it counts. Our defensive positioning is good 

4 minutes ago, fairweather said:

What are you watching? Hunt does so much. He will misplace passes and get caught out of position when others give the ball away but he is so effective for us. Tonight more then ever

Can’t pass, can’t cross and can’t throw in to a city player - what game are you watching then?

1 minute ago, tin said:

Happy with that first half. I’d even go as far as saying that’s as good a 45 we’ve played so far this season without getting the goal. 

Half chances for Semenyo and Diedhiou (header), Bakinson forced a top save out of Begovic as well. 

One question - why withdraw Towler and Edwards out of the U23 game yesterday and name only six subs tonight? Surely one should be on the bench to make up the numbers and gain experience 

We haven't only got 6 subs

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fam looks right up for it...looks such a better player when he wants to “fight”.

Interestingly I've been pretty disappointed with his performance 

• Miss controlled a few times
  • The crossfield he played from the left side to Hunt, Hunt was isolated with 2 of their players and there was a free City player in the middle
  • His positioning for the press hasn't been great, not working as a pair or with any other player
  • That bloody back heel was pure dreadful

Just to name a few, I'd rather Martin on the pitch helping us retain possession higher up the pitch.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wow what a half. Should have maybe have scored 5 times.

Everyone playing well. O'Dowda and Paterson look very good in there.

Semenyo absolute class. So powerful, so quick. It was clear even last season how good he could become, but was not expecting him to be showing it this season. Scary to think what he could become.

Diedhiou very impressive. Class feint and hits the post. Did miss a header. One of those that hits the shoulder, does seem to happen to most at times and it aint like he misses many of those headed chances when the ball is not come in at pace.

If Fam carries on like that then that really gives Holden something to think about!

Hunt fantastic tackle and like always so involved, works so hard.

Bakinson moments of brilliance. Another like Semenyo who should go right to the top. But Bakinson has been sloppy a few times and I think Bournemouth's best moments have come from silly play from us.

Back 3 very solid. Bringing it out well too.

Very positive. We so far look a class above.

Wow. could be 5 up that's got to be pushing it a bit.

2 minutes ago, tin said:

One question - why withdraw Towler and Edwards from the U23 game yesterday and name only six subs tonight? Surely one should be on the bench to make up the numbers and gain experience

Substitutes

• 3Dasilva
  • 4Nagy
  • 7Martin
  • 12O'Leary
  • 21Wells
  • 29Brunt
  • 42Massengo
Just now, Lrrr said:

Interestingly I've been pretty disappointed with his performance 

• Miss controlled a few times
  • The crossfield he played from the left side to Hunt, Hunt was isolated with 2 of their players and there was a free City player in the middle
  • His positioning for the press hasn't been great, not working as a pair or with any other player
  • That bloody back heel was pure dreadful

Just to name a few, I'd rather Martin on the pitch helping us retain possession higher up the pitch.

Yes, but he can do that without putting any effort in.  Not saying he’s been great....but he wants it tonight, and a Fam who wants it is so much better than one who doesn’t.  So unlucky at the end there.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wow what a half. Should have maybe have scored 5 times.

Everyone playing well. O'Dowda and Paterson look very good in there.

Semenyo absolute class. So powerful, so quick. It was clear even last season how good he could become, but was not expecting him to be showing it this season. Scary to think what he could become.

Diedhiou very impressive. Class feint and hits the post. Did miss a header. One of those that hits the shoulder, does seem to happen to most at times and it aint like he misses many of those headed chances when the ball is not come in at pace.

If Fam carries on like that then that really gives Holden something to think about!

Hunt fantastic tackle and like always so involved, works so hard.

Bakinson moments of brilliance. Another like Semenyo who should go right to the top. But Bakinson has been sloppy a few times and I think Bournemouth's best moments have come from silly play from us.

Back 3 very solid. Bringing it out well too.

Very positive. We so far look a class above.

We had a decent half and I completely admire your positivity,  but I think you’re a touch OTT in your praise!

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree. If you have to “fault” us it would be that not getting ahead in that first half might cost us by 9.45pm!!

However, you can see what we are looking to do, the quality is sometimes there and sometimes not. A performance like tonight’s has been so far shows we can be a more than decent side at this level. We are playing a good side tonight.

Agree

After our recent injuries monsoon and following the news of AW this morning I’d actually take a performance like this , even if the result does go against us , than being poor and Uncohesive but scrambling a result somehow

No one looks out their depth and IMHO we’ve looked the better side against a very good Bournemouth line up

And that with a ridiculous injury list and Us fielding four inexperienced players at this level

Decent first half. Pretty bad game for Odowda but that is normal, no one is expecting more from him. And Famara can not control the ball, he should start playing central defender or something. High work rate if he wants and good at interceptions ?

16 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Good performance 1st half and should be in front. Perhaps we're benefitting from (according to Gilmartin) Bournemouth going with Ryan instead of Dan Gosling in midfield. 

Ha ha.  He may be a good actor but probably not a Championship player so should give us an advantage unless he's subbed for a footballer.

Archived