IGNORED

Bournemouth v Bristol City Match Day 8

Bournemouth scored with a touch of quality in the half they were on top, we didn’t.

Disappointed as always when we lose, but not too despondent. Decent match overall, competed well, and just seemed to run out of puff in the end. Given the side we could put out were not to far away. Played much worse at times last season and won.

Hate losing though.

1 minute ago, fairweather said:

I think we excellent tonight. We dont have a £20M striker for that cutting edge but we are well set up and worked very hard. 

We will beat lesser teams and be in the mix if we play like this. 

I’d be clapping them off strongly if I were there tonight. 

Come on, we were not excellent. We were decent in the first half which was completely ruined by a negative second. 

We will not be in the mix playing like that. I'

The gulf in class was was quite embarrassing.

We were like the junior side who try really hard, but just aren’t that good.

Let’s get to 10 games and and then have an adult discussion about where we are as a club conjured to the previous 4 years.

Decent first half. 

Got worse and worse and worse in the second, our key players just going missing and reverting to type. 

Vyner was outstanding and the defensive three really didn’t deserve to be on the losing side. 

Could be a long season if we don’t get the midfield sorted and the two ‘unknowns’ in Williams and Walsh up to speed quickly and playing well.

Just now, bris red said:

The honeymoon period is over i would say. The next 10 will be interesting - the daggers are starting to be sharpened already for Holden i fear..

I’m not sure that’s true. We were alright tonight. You can’t legislate for JP not being able to find a purple shirt.

Can someone tell me how this is different to LJ?

3-5-2 is a formation that asks SO much of the wing backs and midfielders. But in literally every single game, 2 out of the 3 substitutes available has been to bring on 2 strikers, despite the midfielders and fullbacks being physically and mentally exhausted.

The team gets very visibly knackered, especially in midfield but he doesn't swap them out. He waits for us to go one down and then is like "oh well I guess I throw on my strikers now". It's ******* infuriating.

Pato could barely move but wasn't taken off. That's some 200 IQ shit right there.

Edit: we have been 100% reactive in recent games which is the one word I would use to define LJ's reign. He never took the initiative, he reacted to what the opposition was doing. Holden is doing the same.

Archived