IGNORED

Bournemouth v Bristol City Match Day 8

For effort we deserved a draw but a lack of courage from Holden has cost us a point tonight.

that said whilst it was a good effort we have some real issues in the team and are clearly nowhere near promotion standards and there won’t be much improvement in our chance creation stats until we improve upon Paterson and odowda.

mid table will be the likely destination this season

Just now, JonDolman said:

Hard to criticise much there. We should have have taken at least 3 great chances first half and unlucky not to get 2 others as well.

Not scoring any of those chances I thought we might regret.

Not really any bad performances other than subs that came on all fairly poor. But the rest of the team were so knackered by that point.

Vyner and O'Dowda superb I thought. On another day we win or draw that game and people maybe would not be so negative.

Changes were poor when we had defended well 2nd half. 

Cringeworthy doesnt even cover your love in for O'Dowda. Very strange.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hard to criticise much there. We should have have taken at least 3 great chances first half and unlucky not to get 2 others as well.

Not scoring any of those chances I thought we might regret.

Not really any bad performances other than subs that came on all fairly poor. But the rest of the team were so knackered by that point.

Vyner and O'Dowda superb I thought. On another day we win or draw that game and people maybe would not be so negative.

Changes were poor when we had defended well 2nd half. 

Vyner had a really good game. O’Dowda I certainly don’t agree on... didn’t create, sloppy touch at times. 

Still maintain Pato and Hunt were liabilities tonight; everyone else was at least a solid 7/10.

Brunt on was the incorrect call imo, would have gone for Nagy for the legs in the middle with O'Dowda likely tiring, who for me was motm.

Martin needed to come on 10 minutes earlier (at least).

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Bournemouth scored with a touch of quality in the half they were on top, we didn’t.

Disappointed as always when we lose, but not too despondent. Decent match overall, competed well, and just seemed to run out of puff in the end. Given the side we could put out were not to far away. Played much worse at times last season and won.

Hate losing though.

Spot on mate.  I thought we played well in the first half (including Paterson, who had a very good 45 minutes) but Bournemouth were almost unplayable in the second half and we did very well to hold them for 80 minutes.  Given our injury problems, that was a creditable performance, but a disappointing result.  Bournemouth looked a class outfit, and I think many teams will do a lot worse than lose to them by a single goal.

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

The gulf in class was was quite embarrassing.

We were like the junior side who try really hard, but just aren’t that good.

Let’s get to 10 games and and then have an adult discussion about where we are as a club conjured to the previous 4 years.

Did you think we were totally outclassed at half time......or did you just keep your gob shut at that point because we were still in the game and you had nothing to bellyache about?

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Vyner had a really good game. O’Dowda I certainly don’t agree on... didn’t create, sloppy touch at times. 

Covered for Pato not getting back on the left countless times. I'd argue he did very well today; but as always it's a measure of perspective.

Some of our best chances came from O'Dowda's ball carrying - more importantly winning the second ball in the first half. As he tired and Pato was his usual non-existent self, we ceded the middle more and more as the game wore on.

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

Well imo with a fully fit squad i thought we might flirt with the top 6. 

With all the injuries midtable beckons. Probably for the best to get some perspective early on to avoid disappointment as the season goes on.

Get used to it now folks our squad will not be good enough to challenge at the top end of the table.

Finish Outside the top 6 and holden should be sacked as its a failure 

Not a result to overreact about.

Decent performance first half, not good second half, but a narrow defeat against a side expected to be in the title race.

Rather than who the sub was, my issue is that the change was made too late. There were players struggling for 10 minutes or so before any change was made.

Archived