IGNORED

Jack Hunt

sglosbcfc

I would rather see Opi Edwards be given a chance to push himself up the pecking order. Not too long ago he was getter rave reviews from the academy. 

For me Hunt is too inconsistent. Misplaces passes and gets caught out for pace. 

I would like us to have two wing backs with pace that look to get at the opponent's. 

1 minute ago, Berkshire Red said:

To mention O'Dowda as a possible answer to any issues we have is a joke. 

Don't remember a player who I've disliked as much in recent times. Cannot remember ever watching a game and being able to remember ONE good thing he has done 

O Dowda put a shift in tonight and used the ball well. Hunt barely found a City shirt all night.

1 minute ago, Berkshire Red said:

Don't remember a player who I've disliked as much in recent times. Cannot remember ever watching a game and being able to remember ONE good thing he has done 

Norwich away - and the fact i can remember it tells you everything you need to know about the player 

3 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

Norwich away - he got a lucrative contract extension on the basis of that one game.

5 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

He's certainly not an attacking full back and his defending is erratic. 

My god. He certainly is an attacking one. I’ll accept criticism of his defensive abilities sometimes, but going forward I doubt you can name too many better RB’s. 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Been one of the better players for me this season.

That is a fair comment, he has had some decent displays. In that position though you need to be able to make changes and he was poor tonight and we need another option with legs for just over 2 days time.

4 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

Did you watch the game tonight ?

Do you hazily follow the ball or actually watch what’s going on ?

4 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

He was one of our better players tonight? 

I actually thought he was ok first half, he cleared up a couple of errors but his distribution was poor.

Second half he looked like he was really labouring & so was taken off, problem was that put O’Dowda there & he was like a fish out of water & his dreadful clearance set up their goal.

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I like Jack Hunt and I’m not sure COD would put me under any pressure for right back, let alone a professional footballer. 

But how do you think he played tonight? I like him, especially when he's marauding down the right and putting in crosses like we know he can. But when he has a stinker, like tonight, I go off him a bit!

3 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

That is a fair comment, he has had some decent displays. In that position though you need to be able to make changes and he was poor tonight and we need another option with legs for just over 2 days time.

With all the injuries we have defensively and the formation DH plays . I can only think of ZV playing in that position. Unbelievable bad luck with injuries is going to bite us on the ass

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

My god. He certainly is an attacking one. I’ll accept criticism of his defensive abilities sometimes, but going forward I doubt you can name too many better RB’s. 

Indeed. I haven’t got the stats to hand but he was up there last season for assist and has already got a goal and a couple of assists already this season. 

Hunt for me is a decent fullback at this level but he is not a world beater - he will have bad games and will be inconsistent. I don’t think you can ever question his commitment but like a few others in our squad i think they have probably reached their natural ceiling which is mid to upper middle of the championship. 

I think he was ok, then his legs went in the second half.

I'm pretty consistent on not liking him because of his limited physical ability. I think generally this season he's been good and the system has really benefit him.

But you also need to put him in a position to succeed, and he ran out of gas, and Holden chose not to do anything much about it.

11 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

I’m not here to defend COD, but if you can’t remember ONE good thing he has done in any game then you weren’t at Norwich a couple of years back was it? It’s here from 01:52 secs - what brilliance!

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

No Fordy.....look at Lamptey of Brighton if you want to see a proper attacking wing back.  Hunt does not run at defenders and take them on.  Yes occasionally he gets a cross in but he doesn't have the ability to beat a defender.

27 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Did okay first half but his legs looked completely shot in the second half. Could barely get near their left forward come the end!

Agree

24 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Had a poor day in possession, but made a number of good defensive actions

Agree...first half.

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I actually thought he was ok first half, he cleared up a couple of errors but his distribution was poor.

Second half he looked like he was really labouring & so was taken off, problem was that put O’Dowda there & he was like a fish out of water & his dreadful clearance set up their goal.

We lost the game in the opening 15 mins of the second half....and they tired us out.  We didn’t defend as a team...and Hunt got exposed by Smith....who’s bloody capable.

18 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We had a lot more to deal with down the flanks second half. Especially with Kelly getting forward so well from left centre back.

Hunt did struggle but I thought he was very good first half and generally played well this season. 

I can't really think of who would be back up for Hunt now. It's okay saying play Edwards, and maybe he might surprise everyone. But he might well be nowhere near good enough to deal with those Bournemouth players.

I don't know if Massengo or Nagy would be given a go there. O'Dowda has a  bit of experience playing in that position at least so might well be him.

Would not want Vyner at right wing back when he's doing so well at centre back, which is his best position. 

I was thinking about Massengo being a stop gap there too. Lots of energy, can cover the ground, likes to get stuck in and is surprisingly strong at times. No idea if he can cross though (!) and a big ask for such a young player to take on an entirely new role.

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We had a lot more to deal with down the flanks second half. Especially with Kelly getting forward so well from left centre back.

Hunt did struggle but I thought he was very good first half and generally played well this season. 

I can't really think of who would be back up for Hunt now. It's okay saying play Edwards, and maybe he might surprise everyone. But he might well be nowhere near good enough to deal with those Bournemouth players.

I don't know if Massengo or Nagy would be given a go there. O'Dowda has a  bit of experience playing in that position at least so might well be him.

Would not want Vyner at right wing back when he's doing so well at centre back, which is his best position. 

The people now seriously saying Opi Edwards should be playing against a team that was in The Prem last year are detached from reality.

Always comes after a defeat, as well..

He has only played National League South football, apart from playing for the U23s & 1 FA Cup game a few years ago that we basically conceded.

With Sessegnon out & no other CB fit to switch Vyner we are clearly struggling but I’m not sure playing either Massengo or Nagy there is wise.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The people now seriously saying Opi Edwards should be playing against a team that was in The Prem last year are detached from reality.

Always comes after a defeat, as well..

He has only played National League South football, apart from playing for the U23s & 1 FA Cup game a few years ago that we basically conceded.

With Sessegnon out & no other CB fit to switch Vyner we are clearly struggling but I’m not sure playing either Massengo or Nagy there is wise.

How had Lloyd done before a first team call up? Only those involved with first team work can really judge whether anyone from the academy is ready for an opportunity. I imagine in the mean time if we need to make a change we'll go 4 at the back though.

Just now, Lrrr said:

How had Lloyd done before a first team call up? Only those involved with first team work can really judge whether anyone from the academy is ready for an opportunity. I imagine in the mean time if we need to make a change we'll go 4 at the back though.

Kelly just seemed to have a more effortless rise to the first team than anyone else.

Vyner, Bakinson, Semenyo & Moore who all started tonight, all did so following loan spells at league clubs, in a couple of cases only following numerous ones.

Edwards hasn’t had any yet & my hunch would be we will think about whether any of those who are currently out on loan are nearer to the first team than him in January if as expected, Mawson is ruled out long term & Sessegnon potentially is as well.

Archived