IGNORED

Jack Hunt

sglosbcfc

20 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

No Fordy.....look at Lamptey of Brighton if you want to see a proper attacking wing back.  Hunt does not run at defenders and take them on.  Yes occasionally he gets a cross in but he doesn't have the ability to beat a defender.

That's the problem with this system. What anyway you look at it. 5 defenders. At home a nightmare to watch (ok no fans now)

Lamptey wanted by Bayern,so not to many of his type available.  Typical football fad this is the way forward so everybody reverts to this.

Along with al this talk now of number 8,where the **** did that come from? Is that an attacking midfield player? 

What we need now is a new MODERN  coach to have a side that destroy the wing back thing,then that will be the way forward.

Well for at least for a season, until someone comes up with a new radical approach.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Kelly just seemed to have a more effortless rise to the first team than anyone else.

Vyner, Bakinson, Semenyo & Moore who all started tonight, all did so following loan spells at league clubs, in a couple of cases only following numerous ones.

Edwards hasn’t had any yet & my hunch would be we will think about whether any of those who are currently out on loan are nearer to the first team than him in January if as expected, Mawson is ruled out long term & Sessegnon potentially is as well.

Point being we have had a player go straight from academy to 1st team, but the new loan rules mean we generally loan first, not that they can't do it.

11 hours ago, Berkshire Red said:

To mention O'Dowda as a possible answer to any issues we have is a joke. 

Don't remember a player who I've disliked as much in recent times. Cannot remember ever watching a game and being able to remember ONE good thing he has done 

Norwich away & that goal at home to cardiff spring to mind

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

That’s the issue, people are living of shit he did 3 seasons ago!

I dont disagree he's lost his way and will probably be moved on next season but some of the shit he gets is a bit much & was merely reminding the poster of a couple of good things he has done as he couldn't seem to remember any

14 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Thought he had a shocker tonight. His passing was pub league. We'll need O Dowda to put him under pressure for that wing back spot.

Nothing new. Been the same most of the time he's been here. Apart from the first half of last season.

So sloppy.

14 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Go get perreira 

Apart from the fact that the transfer window has closed until January & he is now on loan in Italy, that is a brilliant suggestion.

48 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Jack looks to me a player that perhaps enjoys his non football life too much.

He is not old but his fitness seems somewhat suspect

I think he would benefit from some one on one fitness coaching and dietary monitoring

Struggle to think of anything on here of late I have agreed with less. Hunt certainly has his limitations & his passing radar can go badly off at times but his levels of fitness will be right up there in our squad with anyone, bar probably Weimann.

He is limited & wasn’t great last night, but this is a seriously bonkers suggestion.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Apart from the fact that the transfer window has closed until January & he is now on loan in Italy, that is a brilliant suggestion.

Struggle to think of anything on here of late I have agreed with less. Hunt certainly has his limitations & his passing radar can go badly off at times but his levels of fitness will be right up there in our squad with anyone, bar probably Weimann.

He is limited & wasn’t great last night, but this is a seriously bonkers suggestion.

He cant defend what planet you on the odd few crosses on his day that dont make him a sound defender ask the wednesday fans glad to get shot of him.

38 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Really didn't want this thread to turn into a scapegoat ing of Hunt. He has been a decent player for us but was poor last night. He needs competition for that very demanding wing back position.  

Poor game with the ball last night, was defending well first half....but then got exposed.

Up until last night I’d say he was in the best form of his City career.

9 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

We're expecting too much from him & we need to keep him fresh, I don't see why we cant play Han at right wingback and play Hunt in a back three

Totally against my usual logic and principles but....

....I’d like to see Massengo at RWB....

....just the once.

Please.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Totally against my usual logic and principles but....

....I’d like to see Massengo at RWB....

....just the once.

Please.

It could be amazing! I can see him getting sent off a few times, but any player who plays RWB and doesnt get at least 2 reds cards a season hasn't tried hard enough, imo.

On 29/10/2020 at 16:42, Clevedon Red said:

Wasn’t that was Sessegnon was bought in for?

Yes, but his injured. That is my point, we need someone to provide competition for the RWB role now that SS is not available. Vyner could possibly be do it, but we are short of central defenders. The only option I could think of would be O Dowda.

5 minutes ago, Berkshire Red said:

To any of the above comments justifying O'Dowdas place in the squad because of a goal he scored 2 years ago this just adds to the point he is crap. 

Waste of a place in the squad! Season ticket holder and I cannot remember a 7/10 performance from him even at home. 

I must admit, I agree, Callum has been disappointing but not as much as Hunt. 

Archived