IGNORED

Bentley.

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Just seen the goal again, no need to come charging out!! 

Think it’s down to the defender to be fair - the keeper is always coming out there to narrow the angle.

Cracking finish and a nice goal in my opinion 

1 minute ago, bbew said:

Yes, I thought the same. Would have taken a great finish from that angle if he had stayed on his line.

Required a good finish from him coming out, so either way just the fact the lad did manage to finish well.

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

How about Vyner getting tight to his man rather than being 3yards from his man 12 yards from goal?!

How about just accepting that sometimes the opposition scores?  If every goal was preventable, we’d never lose a match.  It was a good goal, nicely set up and well taken.  I’m sure the boys will analyse the move and learn from it.

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How about just accepting that sometimes the opposition scores?  If every goal was preventable, we’d never lose a match.  It was a good goal, nicely set up and well taken.  I’m sure the boys will analyse the move and learn from it.

Exactly, the finish is all about making the right decision. Maybe we could’ve done more, but ultimately the striker gives himself the best opportunity by choosing the correct finish.

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Exactly, the finish is all about making the right decision. Maybe we could’ve done more, but ultimately the striker gives himself the best opportunity by choosing the correct finish.

Their player scores from that position and ours didn’t - there’s the difference for me 

As a goalkeeper, you'd get absolutely slated for staying on your line and not coming out when he did.

The bigger issue tonight was that we didn't create enough chances and Bournemouth were the better team in the second half. If there was only going to be one goal in the second half it wasn't going to be scored by us.

Martin and Wells are the best partnership we have, and that's not a knock on Fam.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not blaming him but I think he made Danjuma’s mind up for him by rushing out.  

No need to rush out like he did, as you say, he made it easier for the scorer. I am more concerned with the team selection and the performances of Hunt and Paterson. 

2 minutes ago, City1970 said:

No need to rush out like he did, as you say, he made it easier for the scorer. I am more concerned with the team selection and the performances of Hunt and Paterson. 

He stays on his line, you moan that he doesn't close the angle down.

Bentley did what a goalkeeper should do in that position - force the attacker to make a decision and don't give him too much time.

39 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Oh i know this. Was just another example of how it was scored over the OP Bentley comment. 
Lack of concentration from Zak though. Another one to chalk up. 
Shouldve got something from the game!

12 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

only 2 ways goals are scored - defensive mistakes or brilliance from the other side. In this case its just good attacking play.

Quote taken from SOD I believe! 

I think any keeper comes out in that position. He has been brilliant at closing down , saved us many times so I don't see anything wrong with it. If he stays and they score? The same argument but only why DIDN"T he come off his line.211620390_Screenshot2020-10-29at10_39_48.png.dc588f371e6f614850159ee9e40dea4b.png

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think any keeper comes out in that position. He has been brilliant at closing down , saved us many times so I don't see anything wrong with it. If he stays and they score? The same argument but only why DIDN"T he come off his line.211620390_Screenshot2020-10-29at10_39_48.png.dc588f371e6f614850159ee9e40dea4b.png

All I’d say is that it made Danjuma’s mind up to chip him...but damned if you do damned if you don’t.

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with his position there.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

but damned if you do damned if you don’t.

Certainly looks like that.

I'd look closer at Hunt letting the runner go , the whole team looked like they were defending as statues no pressure on the ball. Just too easy to go past defenders.

3 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Inconsistencies clear to see.....too many mistakes in him - concentration not the best!

Would give Max a good run between the sticks.

Haha that's a mental take. I like Max as well but Bentley is and has been a solid goalkeeper for us. Stop trying to find faults all the time ffs.

Footballers really can't win with people like you around!

Bentley isn’t perfect, he does make some strange decisions sometimes. But last night we didn’t lose the game because of him. There are a few other players who should hold their hands up before Bentley does.

I’m not just talking about the goal but the game in general

Archived