IGNORED

Second half last night

Super

Still struggling to work out how we could play so well first half and be absolutely shocking 2nd. It was like watching 2 different teams. I don't think we created one chance, Couldn't keep the ball and resorted to aimless long punts, Surely that wasn't in Holden's half time team talk?

40 minutes ago, Super said:

Still struggling to work out how we could play so well first half and be absolutely shocking 2nd. It was like watching 2 different teams. I don't think we created one chance, Couldn't keep the ball and resorted to aimless long punts, Surely that wasn't in Holden's half time team talk?

With the knowledge of watching us in the 1st half Bournemouth altered their tactics and snuffed us out. We played well enough to beat most teams in this league but Bournemouth away is probably the most difficult fixture on the calendar this season so we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much.

13 minutes ago, Big C said:

It's almost as people think there were only one team playing last night rather than Bournemouth with their Premier league experience happen to improve in the second half

That doesn't excuse the fact our passing went to pieces. 

32 minutes ago, Super said:

That doesn't excuse the fact our passing went to pieces. 

We worked really hard  , and played really well first half 

They came out unsurprisingly with a reaction after half time and as we tired , as we chased and worked to stem their momentum , tired and blowing , your passing becomes ‘sloppy’ or rushed when you do get the ball , which means you give away possession more and so chase the ball more , which makes good possession , passing and forward runs harder, it’s a vicious circle 

8 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

We worked really hard  , and played really well first half 

They came out unsurprisingly with a reaction after half time and as we tired , as we chased and worked to stem their momentum , tired and blowing , your passing becomes ‘sloppy’ or rushed when you do get the ball , which means you give away possession more and so chase the ball more , which makes good possession , passing and forward runs harder, it’s a vicious circle 

Tindall probably gave them a bollocking at half-time.

What bothers new is how they seemed to go up a gear (credit to them) but we certainly went down a gear too. 

I don't understand how their fitness was so good to go the full 90 minutes and our players looked exhausted after 60, that's what concerns me. There is no reason that our players shouldn't be able to play a full 90 minute match and look that tired, another concern was Holden changes, Brunt lacks pace and is getting on, what was he going to bring to the table when we were playing a team who were looking positive and pacey. The fact that it took so long for Wells to come on boggles my mind too, Famara looked awful whilst Semenyo made him look even worse as he battled hard but had little to no support. 

1 hour ago, CiderHider said:

All their players are practically olympic level athletes and played in the Prem last season.  Never been so gutted about a game in my life though, dont know why. 

Because we had the chances 1st half to win 2 or 3-0.

13 hours ago, Big C said:

It's almost as people think there were only one team playing last night rather than Bournemouth with their Premier league experience happen to improve in the second half

Ex-premier league Bournemouth were held to 0-0 by shockingly bad QPR, 11 days before.

Don't make the Cherries out to be some invincible force. They aren't.

Our lack of goal threat in the last three games concerns me. 

6 hours ago, markcarter said:

Agree about the tiredness point.  Annoys me a lot.  Remember the video at the start of pre-season:  “There’s no excuse to be anything other than the fittest team in the division”.  We clearly aren’t.  So let’s hope Holden has worked out why that is and has a plan to address it.  I’ll be interested in both of those things.

Wonder if the injuries feeds into this one- or vice versa.

Archived