IGNORED

Shall we all just calm down?

OneTeamInBristol

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Without Baker, Mawson, Dasilva, Williams, Walsh and with 4 novices (at this level) at centre back, centre mid and centre forward - the spine of the team - we lost by 1 goal, and a late one at that, to a side just out of the Prem packed with million pound players.

Bristol City have been in far worse pickles. 

And I forgot Weimann!

5 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Some of the comments after these last 3 games are a bit silly in my opinion.

I've seen Holden out, Ashton out and Lansdown all being questioned.

We're sat in 6th after 8 games, with 14 points out of 24. Most of us would have taken that before a ball was kicked (I would have), especially with Holden being an unknown to the role.

Some of our young fringe players have improved and broken into the starting XI - Bakinson and Semenyo.

We've made some very shrewd signings - Martin and Brunt.

Yes we've let some talented players leave, Eliasson and Palmer, but I'm sure there's enough quality in what we have left to replace them. Also we can get Kasey back in January. 

I don't think we can judge Holden fairly until the 46th game is finished.

Anyway there are 38 games left to play and 114 points still up for grabs and with Reading currently looking like the only runaway side (how?!), I see no reason why we can't finish in that top 6 come the 8th of May!

COYR 

That is the most sense I have read on here for ages. 

Not been able to face things since last night, too scared to read news, wont watch the highlights on Quest. In this crappy virus dystopia we are living under football is a strand of normality i can still hold on too and when City lose I could cry, wtf, Ah well next match it will be good again, but wtf.

Just now, CiderHider said:

Not been able to face things since last night, too scared to read news, wont watch the highlights on Quest. In this crappy virus dystopia we are living under football is a strand of normality i can still hold on too and when City lose I could cry, wtf, Ah well next match it will be good again, but wtf.

We built a buffer so things are not so bad, the gaffer is learning and we need to allow him and the players to make mistakes and learn from them. There is much to be positive about, a loss hurts like physical pain and the players and gaffer feel it just as hard. 

There is always the next game to put things right :chant6ez:

4 hours ago, longyears said:

Whichever  way you look at it two points from twelve is relegation form. Fourteen points from twenty four is a lot better but not promotion form.. I hope I am proved wrong but I thought LJ was a poor appointment as he had achieved nothing on his CV and then we got rid of him to get to the next level and appoint the guy who assisted him for four years  who has no achievements on his CV either. Not a good plan sadly however nice a man he is. Our record of managers is to say the least not a run of impressive appointments.  Two more games without a win ( hope not of course ) and we have at the most sixteen points from thirty That is comfortable mid table form but hey - we were told we got rid of LJ to appoint a man to take us to at least the play offs - dream on - tis not going to happen !

We lost yesterday, so no points from one game is definitely relegation form.  If we continue this way for the rest of the season we’ll get ... no more points. Sack the lot of them I say.

Song of Freedom

You're the finest I know
You're the most expensive in the world
You're like the stars
Like the wind
Like the waves
Like the birds
Like the flowers on the ground

You're my guiding star and friend
You're my faith, my hope, my love
You're my blood
And my lungs
My eyes
My shoulders
My hands and my heart

Let's be honest, we were NOT top 2. I'm shocked Reading go on and on tbh, look at their underlying numbers- ridiculous.

Top 6 challenging yes, top 2- no. However performance have overall been better- one notable disappointment is all the injuries- but then again the chances we had in the first half- should've scored one, maybe two but at worst one- do so and it's a different game. Hindsight but should we have switched the strikers earlier, Martin and Wells on after say an hour when still 0-0 and not quite being dominated?

Clearance off the line was one chance, side netting Semenyo- that's 2, didn't Diedhou clip the post or similar as well. Yes, should be scoring at least one of these.

Archived