IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

• The title was changed to Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread
13 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

What do I expect to see tomorrow? 

What I saw the first time I watched City at home to Norwich in 1954-55 season. A home defeat.

And plenty more of the same over the next sixty five years. They really do know how to win at Ashton Gate.

Yep, particularly remember March '75, crunch match v Norwich when we were in a good position to go up (one season early)

Big expectant crowd at AG, only for Norwich to win 1-0.

Norwich went on to get promoted, City finished 5th.

In today's conditions the the message should be to keep it simple.   Players will make mistakes so don't try to complicate things by playing the ball out from the back when under pressure. As @old_eastender just said, we don't want lightweight players in midfield, but I'm not sure which tough players we've got who could step in.  Perhaps if City switch to a back 4 Vyner could move into midfield to partner Bakinson. I'm not advocating route one football, but the occasional high ball into Norwich's penalty area, in a swirling wind, might cause problems. Forecast 2-0 to City, but I wouldn't bet any money on a City win

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

In today's conditions the the message should be to keep it simple.   Players will make mistakes so don't try to complicate things by playing the ball out from the back when under pressure. As @old_eastender just said, we don't want lightweight players in midfield, but I'm not sure which tough players we've got who could step in.  Perhaps if City switch to a back 4 Vyner could move into midfield to partner Bakinson. I'm not advocating route one football, but the occasional high ball into Norwich's penalty area, in a swirling wind, might cause problems. Forecast 2-0 to City, but I wouldn't bet any money on a City win

Hailstones in Downend at the mo.  Not a day for pretty stuff in your own half I agree

34 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, particularly remember March '75, crunch match v Norwich when we were in a good position to go up (one season early)

Big expectant crowd at AG, only for Norwich to win 1-0.

Norwich went on to get promoted, City finished 5th.

yeah remember that game well. The day before the Gas drew 1/1 home to Manu.

I'm hoping Brunt can show why we signed him! I'm not a fan of that transfer atm so it would be good to be persuaded by him controlling our play today.

It's not the midfield 3 I envisaged at the start of the season, and I'd prefer the 3 on the bench! 

Good job I know nothing ?

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Still persisting with the O'Dowda/Paterson axis.

I am a fan of Paterson’s but he clearly needs a rest. To me today was the time to give Nagy a chance. Less of an issue with O’Dowda starting, should be fresher after just 1 start & has a great record v Norwich.

3 games between now & Friday, surely Pato cannot start them all? 

Just now, mozo said:

I'm hoping Brunt can show why we signed him! I'm not a fan of that transfer atm so it would be good to be persuaded by him controlling our play today.

It's not the midfield 3 I envisaged at the start of the season, and I'd prefer the 3 on the bench! 

Good job I know nothing ?

He’s got to be careful with Bakinson tbh. He would have got through a shed load of work in the week and we’re playing another side who will be right up there today. Whether he has the right mix is another question but totally get the logic of pulling TB out of the firing line.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I am a fan of Paterson’s but he clearly needs a rest. To me today was the time to give Nagy a chance. Less of an issue with O’Dowda starting, should be fresh & has a great record v Norwich.

3 games between now & Friday, surely Pato cannot start them all? 

Nagy would be ideal in a flat 3, because he passes well, and is able to defend like Brunt and Bakinson.

Archived