IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

Just now, Bassomylord said:

Kalas is having to babysit Vyner and Moore as well as defend.

That is pretty much it! Those two are AWOL all over the last third....They are making Norwich look way better than they are....Couple that with no willing runner in midfield (Weimann b ashers please note) to close the long ball and we are screwed.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Eff Eff Eff.

Jeeeeeeeez.

Three CBs, one striker.....no marking....many, many times.

Not a lot else to say.

Simply dreadful from all three and see my comment about Kalas

Gonna raise it again - do we have the quality of players in key positions for this system at this moment ??

At the very least the balances are wrong

Entertaining though ! ?

18 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I won’t have O’Dowda in this particular game. When Norwich midfield have the ball they are destroying us. Need some bite in there.

It's more of a selection issue, without Williams or Bakinson in Brunt's holding role, we simply can't have both Pato and O'Dowda in midfield.

Every time Pato has got on the ball, there's no tempo. His only contribution was one shot, and the through ball to Wells that led to the corner. O'Dowda, as we know isn't amazing, but he's takin some responsibility to make himself always available. I just don't understand how Nagy can't get a game - I'd have him over Brunt or Pato at the minute.

Just now, Bassomylord said:

It was not Kalas it was Moore. Kalas is on Pukki, Buendia has run from Moore side who is literally stood there in no mans land.....leaving Kalas to try and save the day.

Kalas is No.22, last I looked. Happy to be proved wrong. Either way, it’s a shocking goal to concede and there’s a real lack of leadership.

2 minutes ago, tin said:

Kalas firmly to blame for their third. There appears to be a real communication problem between our back three. Like the first goal, if Kalas steps up when the ball’s played, Buendia’s offside. Really basic stuff. Norwich are different class, though.

What? It was clearly Moore's fault. He was in no man's land.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Played well going forward. Just terrible at the back.

Norwich are a bloody good team though. Weak championship people have said? I don't thinks so

Agree we have played well going forward but you have to capitalise on your pressure and we haven't been doing that lately.

1 minute ago, Robin Wood said:

We will get relegated if we don't get a defender in quick because this defence is absolutely terrible 

DH was adamant he was happy with our options. Seriously bad judgment. Rowe is the next cab off the rank, after which it is presumably our new utility man COD.

Again, long ball over the top for the third. 

Just as we were getting back into the game. 

Our defending is shocking, very naive. We are also weak in the tackle which isn't a surprise given the lightweight midfield. 

No one getting stuck in at all.

We'll and truly found out today. Not good enough. 

Seems like the ‘honeymoon period’ at the start of the season was helped with all teams being underprepared. Maybe we had the edge with a happy squad high in confidence - Gregor reported that all the players wanted Holden in charge before he was appointed. 

Now that teams have got going you can see the difference. Norwich are very well coached, superb movement and very organised. Whereas we look so poorly coached. The back line is all over the place. 

Don’t want to write Holden off after 8 and a half games but it’s starting to look like coaching ability is more important than being a good human being - who’d have thought?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

As a back three that is probably the worst 45 minutes of defending I have ever seen from a City team.  Abysmal....fuming.  The rest of the team have been royally let down.

Oo I'm having to think of another example now...

Third goal has killed us there, still had some (but not much) hope before that. Norwich playing some good stuff and their movement is just too much against our leggy defence. Commentary said it's too easy for their midfield to find the long balls too. At least we have created some chances, hoping we restore some pride at least in 2nd half but fear we will concede a few more yet.

39 minutes ago, tin said:

I didn’t say he was offside. I said if Vyner holds his line with the other two centre backs, Pukki would’ve been offside when Steipermann played the ball. Pukki was clearly onside because Vyner was in no-man’s land.

Yes I reread your post and realised I made a mistake

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Simply dreadful from all three and see my comment about Kalas

Gonna raise it again - do we have the quality of players in key positions for this system at this moment ??

At the very least the balances are wrong

Entertaining though ! ?

No we don’t. I posted after the Bournemouth game I would of changed the formation for this game. 442/433. As soon as they break our pathetic midfield line we are ****** . And Farka knows this oh so well 

Archived