IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

4 minutes ago, Fuber said:

It's more of a selection issue, without Williams or Bakinson in Brunt's holding role, we simply can't have both Pato and O'Dowda in midfield.

Every time Pato has got on the ball, there's no tempo. His only contribution was one shot, and the through ball to Wells that led to the corner. O'Dowda, as we know isn't amazing, but he's takin some responsibility to make himself always available. I just don't understand how Nagy can't get a game - I'd have him over Brunt or Pato at the minute.

Paterson set up the goal. How many people missed that?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously, just mark Pukki.  Someone take responsibility.....hes splitting two defenders and waiting to take advantage of any hand-off.....in fact there is no hand-off....just none of them marking full stop.

Cant believe how angry I am at the three of them.

The awareness has been shocking. You can see him drifting and the defence just focus on the ball and get themselves tied in knots.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As a back three that is probably the worst 45 minutes of defending I have ever seen from a City team.  Abysmal....fuming.  The rest of the team have been royally let down.

Moore having an absolute shocker, Vyner not at the races.....we don’t seem to be able to counter the ball over midfield.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Moore didn't even react as he ran straight past him. Kalas did. Had Moore ran back same time too then I bet they deal with it.

You’re right. Moore’s definitely guilty of ball watching. To be fair, the pass, movement, touch and finish is class. The first and the third goals might have been avoided with better communication, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

They run, they pass, they make runs and have players to find the runners. 

A big lesson to us as to how to play at this level. 

That's pretty much all levels of football.  For many years, I've criticised our players for being static.  Bryan stuck to the line and made sure he was unavailable.  Dasilva does the same.  Paterson strolls around.

Maybe LJ was taking advice from elsewhere when he seemed to deliberately stifle any movement in midfield?

The defending for the  3 Norwich goals looked awful when I watched it live. Watching the replays at half time is even worse. It’s like watching a pub team where the defence and midfield are a bunch of strangers suffering from a hangover 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously, just mark Pukki.  Someone take responsibility.....hes splitting two defenders and waiting to take advantage of any hand-off.....in fact there is no hand-off....just none of them marking full stop.

Cant believe how angry I am at the three of them.

You talked about pressing before the game. I am watching one team pressing and the other team not pressing. All three Norwich goals are down to giving their midfield all the space in the world. Very poor from City. 

33 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Moore can’t handle Pukki.

There are very few centrebacks in the world who can handle Pukki . He is an exceptional forward.

We need to avoid isolating Moore when Pukki is on a run.

The différence for me is the speed of movement in the final third. They are, affectively, an established Prem side and if we had taken our chances we would be drawing. 

Archived