IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

2 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Awful display from the back 3 in the first 45. 

I think Holden need to switch to a flat back 4. Hopefully that'll stop the caverns of space - at the moment they're isolating one of the back 3 and running either side of them

I've been very sceptical about a back 3 on this forum and this run of form just highlights the failings. Our squad is much more suited to a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 in my humble opinion...

Just now, Major Isewater said:

There are very few centrebacks in the world who can handle Pukki . He is an exceptional forward.

We need to avoid isolating Moore when Pukki is on a run.

The différence for me is the speed of movement in the final third. They are, affectively, an established Prem side and if we had taken our chances we would be drawing. 

Very few centre backs in the world ???. Good player against a league 1 defender.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously, just mark Pukki.  Someone take responsibility.....hes splitting two defenders and waiting to take advantage of any hand-off.....in fact there is no hand-off....just none of them marking full stop.

Cant believe how angry I am at the three of them.

Yeah but surely if you only play 3 centre backs you've got no chance of stopping the long ball over the top. Need at least 5 in my opinion...

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Paterson set up the goal. How many people missed that?

I mentioned the shot - forgot to add it led to the goal. Issue is that in general his ball retention and decision making simply arent good enough, not just this game, but the whole season so far.

Even as far as back Sheff Wed he played distinctly average, only escaped criticism as he popped up with the goal to round off the result.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously, just mark Pukki.  Someone take responsibility.....hes splitting two defenders and waiting to take advantage of any hand-off.....in fact there is no hand-off....just none of them marking full stop.

Cant believe how angry I am at the three of them.

It’s inexcusable all three goals are one ball over then top under no pressure , and the defence caught flat footed, we should NOT be caught out by a ball over the top playing three against one.

We need to review our system the midfield are too slow to pressing and no aggression. 

Dean , please stop the ‘lads’ from calling you ‘Deano’ your the boss now not their mate 

Archived