IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

8 minutes ago, City1970 said:

Just a woeful performance

It wasn’t woeful at all. Terrible defending with 3 at the back but looked better when Moore came off. Bakinson made us look better and we had several periods in the game where we created quite a lot. Wells had a mare and needs a bollocking 

Not woeful but wasteful

Looking like a mid table club although it's a tough game that for our defence after the heavy schedule. But second best in possession, attack and defence. If Wells was as clinical as Pukki (that pen ?) or if Martin could have maybe taken his chances then we could have got something. Would have been undeserved and can thank Bentley it wasn't a few more for them. Hopefully some pts next week, will be concerned if we are 2nd best in those 2 games as the opponents aren't as good as in the last few games.

27 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Utterly shocking penalty attempt. Don’t enjoy singling out players but NW has been poor today. 

Forget the penalty miss.....Wells has been a major disppointment ever since he signed, a very average footballer.   i would look to offload him in January, and get someone in who looks as if he cares, a very poor signing, who is yet another legacy of LJ's reign.

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

It wasn’t woeful at all. Terrible defending with 3 at the back but looked better when Moore came off. Bakinson made us look better and we had several periods in the game where we created quite a lot. Wells had a mare and needs a bollocking 

Not woeful but wasteful

I would say woeful because my the time Moore went off Norwich had just retreated to first gear.

I'm almost breathless after watching that. It reminded me of a game in the school playground where everybody piles forward and leaves the back wide open. Difference here was players had to be cleverer due to the offside rule with no goal-hangers allowed. 3 bad goals conceded from simple diagonal passes, there's no getting away from that, and Norwich could have had more. However, we still had enough opportunities in the game to have got something from it. More frustrating was that our best chances fell to the man we wanted them to in Nahki Wells, but he fluffed his lines, even missing a penalty, whereas Pukki for them didn't. While we're creating chances I'm not going to get too down but God only knows what will happen at 'uddersfield on Tuesday. 

They played better and probably had more clear chances than us...but I think we attacked well, and on another day (with a Wells on form) we could have got a draw. However, the initial midfield set-up was wrong again and defence payed the price (even with individual errors): with Bakinson or Nagy form the beginning and more pressure on their midfielders, we could have had more balance and control of the play...

Anyway...a loss against Norwich is not a tragedy. The worrying thing is that we seem unable to bounce back to winning ways, for one reason or another...

We have just played the Champions in waiting ,IMHO, with a side who will certainly not be the team that finish’s the season.

We are not going to be in the top two but a top six finish is well within our grasp. We were not a million miles away from getting something at Bournemouth and could have got a point today against a Prem team from last season. 

Wells seems to have lost his shooting boots . He is meant to be the deadly finisher that will turn losses into draws and draws into wins but at the moment for whatever reason it isn’t happening. 

Brunt’s’ wand of a left peg ‘ evidently is the Ron Weasley one held together with Sellotape. At one stage he sailed a free kick directly out of play and I distinctly heard someone in the ground say ‘ Brilliant, ******* brilliant ‘ !!!

Bents again top performance.  Dasilva, Kalas and Hunt played well. The rest 6 out of ten when 8 to 9 was needed for today.

It’s not all gloom and doom. I said November would show us where we are placed regarding a promotion chase or not. I maintain that we can make top six.

It’s a tough time for the lads at the moment let’s get behind them not on their backs.

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm almost breathless after watching that. It reminded me of a game in the school playground where everybody piles forward and leaves the back wide open. Difference here was players had to be cleverer due to the offside rule with no goal-hangers allowed. 3 bad goals conceded from simple diagonal passes, there's no getting away from that, and Norwich could have had more. However, we still had enough opportunities in the game to have got something from it. More frustrating was that our best chances fell to the man we wanted them to in Nahki Wells, but he fluffed his lines, even missing a penalty, whereas Pukki for them didn't. While we're creating chances I'm not going to get too down but God only knows what will happen at 'uddersfield on Tuesday. 

Good post

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But Ashton said Dean had no target so this season is a free pass unless we are facing relegation.

Not much to get excited about then! I find this watching at home lark dull enough as it is without the prospect of watching yet another City rookie manager being given a few seasons to prove he's not quite got what it takes. Nothing against Holden - and I hope he can return us to the early season winning form - but it does feel we've been here before.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We have just played the Champions in waiting ,IMHO, with a side who will certainly not be the team that finish’s the season.

We are not going to be in the top two but a top six finish is well within our grasp. We were not a million miles away from getting something at Bournemouth and could have got a point today against a Prem team from last season. 

Wells seems to have lost his shooting boots . He is meant to be the deadly finisher that will turn losses into draws and draws into wins but at the moment for whatever reason it isn’t happening. 

Brunt’s’ wand of a left peg ‘ evidently is the Ron Weasley one held together with Sellotape. At one stage he sailed a free kick directly out of play and I distinctly heard someone in the ground say ‘ Brilliant, ******* brilliant ‘ !!!

Bents again top performance.  Dasilva, Kalas and Hunt played well. The rest 6 out of ten when 8 to 9 was needed for today.

It’s not all gloom and doom. I said November would show us where we are placed regarding a promotion chase or not. I maintain that we can make top six.

It’s a tough time for the lads at the moment let’s get behind them not on their backs.

6/10 I would only give that mark to a couple and Bakinson was one of them the rest 4 or 5s at best

Just now, Red Exile said:

Not much to get excited about then! I find this watching at home lark dull enough as it is without the prospect of watching yet another City rookie manager being given a few seasons to prove he's not quite got what it takes. Nothing against Holden - and I hope he can return us to the early season winning form - but it does feel we've been here before.

It is exactly the same results wise as LJ. Beat the poor sides hovering around the bottom 4.....dont come close against the better sides.

5 minutes ago, irishreds said:

Lam is Director of Rugby, he has full control of Bristol Bears. Holden doesn't have this control, Lam made it very clear when he signed that he wouldn't accept the football organisation structure.  

And LJ and DH got the job in part because they were prepared to accept a lack of control.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Soft as sh1t.  8 fouls all game.

Well played Callum, that's the benchmark now.  Committed players today, got them yellow carded. @JonDolman

Still very, very angry.  I'm sure its already been mentioned....why isn't Sorensen straight red carded, or get his second yellow.

Thought the same, definitely a yellow. Shocked the commentators didn’t mention it.

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Absolutely. The Bears should NEVER have celebrated a European Cup win, just in case City lost to a Norwich side made up of mostly Premier League players 2 weeks later.

Some people don't have post some nonsense on here.

Actually Rob I was highlighting the fact we have a worth a punt coach whilst the Egg chasers get a top coach you moron.

Sorry you couldn't beat them !     Would have wanted you to win obviously..

You're still in a very good position to challenge this season and wish you well in the weeks ahead.     Don't worry about them,  a League Cup win when Dead or Alive were in the charts and a victory at Bayern Munich is about total club achievement.   ?

16 minutes ago, daored said:

Please can we stop with this ‘Deano’ he’s our manager , the same with the players need to stop calling him this he isn’t their mate (anymore )

Agreed. There is of course a balance between man management and showing authority (Klopp probably the best at balancing these) but I feel as if Holden wants to be everyone’s best mate. His main selling point was being this great bloke but that alone doesn’t win football matches. Would Wells have taken such a ridiculous penalty with an authoritative figure such as Warnock in charge?

24 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Just to make a change. Really don’t think he ever wanted to come here. Looks disinterested the majority of the time. His finishing of late has been shit too. Let him have his move to QPR in Jan

Did you not hear the commentators remarking on how hard he’d worked today & never stopped running? 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Soft as sh1t.  8 fouls all game.

Well played Callum, that's the benchmark now.  Committed players today, got them yellow carded. @JonDolman

Still very, very angry.  I'm sure its already been mentioned....why isn't Sorensen straight red carded, or get his second yellow.

Agreed, very soft - said so on here at half time.

No such thing as a 50/50 with some of this lot - its 30/70 in the opposition favour.

The amount of times I yelled "take the ****** out" in a very quiet bar here - bar staff giving me the stares...

Much better second half when the game was lost and Norwich cruising, embarrassing first half, especially on Sky.

Ah well, a dip in the pool will cool me down nicely.

Just now, Dottie said:

Did you not hear the commentators remarking on how hard he’d worked today & never stopped running? 

Brought into score goals. Has he done that?    No. Does he look like a 20 goal a season striker? No. Penalty was a shocker, hit the target and saved fair enough, chip it over the bar and you look a tit, a disinterested one at that.

Archived