IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

18 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

It wasn’t woeful at all. Terrible defending with 3 at the back but looked better when Moore came off. Bakinson made us look better and we had several periods in the game where we created quite a lot. Wells had a mare and needs a bollocking 

Not woeful but wasteful

IMO it was woeful defending, woefully arrogant penalty and very poor from Pato and COD who gave Norwich far too much room. We wasted the chance to maintain top 6 spot. 

42 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Agree - could easily be about 9-5

As I said , and if you accept that we Wernt and arnt serious contenders for autos , play offs possibly with the wind behind us , and injuries have made a big difference , and Dean clearly has a lot to learn and work on ....... 

as long as we don’t threaten the wrong end of table , which I don’t, it is , at lest entertaining rather than the dirge we’ve suffered for a couple of seasons at least

Please don't take this the wrong way but have you not got spellcheck on your laptop.

9 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Actually Rob I was highlighting the fact we have a worth a punt coach whilst the Egg chasers get a top coach you moron.

You should have been a lot clearer in your post then. Because at no point in your message is that clear.

As for calling me a moron. Is that really necessary, based on your inability to post coherently what you hope to articulate?

48 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Forget the penalty miss.....Wells has been a major disppointment ever since he signed, a very average footballer.   i would look to offload him in January, and get someone in who looks as if he cares, a very poor signing, who is yet another legacy of LJ's reign.

I would offload him also due to his age and stock over 30 years old for a striker 

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Soft as sh1t.  8 fouls all game.

Well played Callum, that's the benchmark now.  Committed players today, got them yellow carded. @JonDolman

Still very, very angry.  I'm sure its already been mentioned....why isn't Sorensen straight red carded, or get his second yellow.

He was the best of a bad bunch in that Midfield. A 6 out of 10, at best for me. No more. 

The key thing that lets him down, and has let him down since he arrived, is his end product. There is none. And it's not down to lack of ability. It's his decision making and the fact that he never gets his head up. Holds on to the ball for too long, rarely releases at the right time. It's so basic.

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You should have been a lot clearer in your post then. Because at no point in your message is that clear.

As for calling me a moron. Is that really necessary, based on your inability to post coherently what you hope to articulate?

Apologies sir pissed off at the result should not have aimed that at you.

16 minutes ago, Kibs said:

He was the best of a bad bunch in that Midfield. A 6 out of 10, at best for me. No more. 

The key thing that lets him down, and has let him down since he arrived, is his end product. There is none. And it's not down to lack of ability. It's his decision making and the fact that he never gets his head up. Holds on to the ball for too long, rarely releases at the right time. It's so basic.

I know he was played in CM for Eire, but last season COD himself said his preferred position is left wing. If we were to switch to 4-4-2, I don't have a problem with him in that position. Says something today that he was least worst of our 3 in midfield. Holden needs to swallow his pride and pick Bakinson, Nagy & Massengo in midfield. Pato has been poor for 5 games running now, and Brunt was woeful today.

Did only see second half. Martin hit the post, Wells penalty, it was not our day. Our midfield, COD-Pato don work, said it before. Pato is Pato but COD never delivers anything. Written many times why he is in the starting eleven. Only LJ and DH knows it probably. Next game DH can not let COD and Pato start. Weimann is missed more than we think when we se our midfield today. He can run, shot, get in position, assist and score. All things that COD not is capable to do.

Maybe we have to go 442 but then we only have Hunt who can cross and pass the ball into the box. Eliasson is gone, COD and Dasilva is not good enough. We sold our best assistplayer and at the moment we are out of ideas. Nagy, Wonderboy are not big guys who can fight in the middle but I prefer them before COD and Pato. On his day Pato is a wonderful player but now he needs a rest.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We have just played the Champions in waiting ,IMHO, with a side who will certainly not be the team that finish’s the season.

We are not going to be in the top two but a top six finish is well within our grasp. We were not a million miles away from getting something at Bournemouth and could have got a point today against a Prem team from last season. 

Wells seems to have lost his shooting boots . He is meant to be the deadly finisher that will turn losses into draws and draws into wins but at the moment for whatever reason it isn’t happening. 

Brunt’s’ wand of a left peg ‘ evidently is the Ron Weasley one held together with Sellotape. At one stage he sailed a free kick directly out of play and I distinctly heard someone in the ground say ‘ Brilliant, ******* brilliant ‘ !!!

Bents again top performance.  Dasilva, Kalas and Hunt played well. The rest 6 out of ten when 8 to 9 was needed for today.

It’s not all gloom and doom. I said November would show us where we are placed regarding a promotion chase or not. I maintain that we can make top six.

It’s a tough time for the lads at the moment let’s get behind them not on their backs.

good post.im not worried about huddersfield and getting a bad result their either.i think we will buck up after that game,dont know why. still think we would be between 12th and 16th bonfire night but the swansea point has helped there.

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We have just played the Champions in waiting ,IMHO, with a side who will certainly not be the team that finish’s the season.

We are not going to be in the top two but a top six finish is well within our grasp. We were not a million miles away from getting something at Bournemouth and could have got a point today against a Prem team from last season. 

Wells seems to have lost his shooting boots . He is meant to be the deadly finisher that will turn losses into draws and draws into wins but at the moment for whatever reason it isn’t happening. 

Brunt’s’ wand of a left peg ‘ evidently is the Ron Weasley one held together with Sellotape. At one stage he sailed a free kick directly out of play and I distinctly heard someone in the ground say ‘ Brilliant, ******* brilliant ‘ !!!

Bents again top performance.  Dasilva, Kalas and Hunt played well. The rest 6 out of ten when 8 to 9 was needed for today.

It’s not all gloom and doom. I said November would show us where we are placed regarding a promotion chase or not. I maintain that we can make top six.

It’s a tough time for the lads at the moment let’s get behind them not on their backs.

At last someone who speaks sense 

8 hours ago, maxjak said:

Forget the penalty miss.....Wells has been a major disppointment ever since he signed, a very average footballer.   i would look to offload him in January, and get someone in who looks as if he cares, a very poor signing, who is yet another legacy of LJ's reign.

Yes I agree, he certainly doesn't look like he wants to be here and has been average at best. 

8 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

I think we're going to spend the whole season figuring out what our best midfield is, and never really find it. So many options, and all feel about the same in terms of ability.

Said this a few times, our midfield is just a set of about 8 players of equal ability. You could pick any combination without drastically raising or lowering the level.

Strange situation to be in.

22 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Agree - could easily be about 9-5

As I said , and if you accept that we Wernt and arnt serious contenders for autos , play offs possibly with the wind behind us , and injuries have made a big difference , and Dean clearly has a lot to learn and work on ....... 

as long as we don’t threaten the wrong end of table , which I don’t, it is , at lest entertaining rather than the dirge we’ve suffered for a couple of seasons at least

You were confused by my post about spell check, it's not wernt it's weren't it's not arnt it's aren't and it's least not lest I'm not perfect in the spelling department either but my laptop highlights all my mistakes in grammar and spelling I have Microsoft edge if you want to try it. I really don't mean any offence but find it hard to read posts littered with spelling and grammatical errors other than that I always find your posts informative and entertaining. 

13 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Said this a few times, our midfield is just a set of about 8 players of equal ability. You could pick any combination without drastically raising or lowering the level.

Strange situation to be in.

They may have equal ability but they don't have the same skillset and I reckon we'd benefit by striking a different balance in there.

Archived