IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Nagy would be ideal in a flat 3, because he passes well, and is able to defend like Brunt and Bakinson.

Plus Norwich are not exactly Boro, Millwall or Wycombe, are they?

Like Swansea they will come to play & allow us to.

Seems to me that if Nagy can’t get any minutes this week he is effectively being told he isn’t in our plans.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Plus Norwich are not exactly Boro, Millwall or Wycombe, are they?

Like Swansea they will come to play & allow us to.

Seems to me that if Nagy can’t get any minutes this week he is effectively being told he isn’t in our plans.

We aren’t party to what goes on behind the scenes but it does appear that Nagy is right near the bottom of the pecking order.

14 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

image.png.90a7f4c79db913ee1d074a9282c2729d.png

Good to see Jay back in.

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm hoping Brunt can show why we signed him! I'm not a fan of that transfer atm so it would be good to be persuaded by him controlling our play today.

It's not the midfield 3 I envisaged at the start of the season, and I'd prefer the 3 on the bench! 

Good job I know nothing ?

I thought he showed why last Saturday v Swansea....thought he controlled the midfield for large parts of the game.

9 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

I'd have preferred Bakinson, Brunt and Pato, because that offers more solidity.

I would certainly liked to see Brunt and Bakinson together...but at some point you have to give players (like O’Dowda) more than a one-game run.  It’s up to him to take his chance.  He needs to give full-energy for every minute he’s on the pitch.  If that means he’s on for 65-70 mins and then replaced, then that’s cool by me.  I don’t want him to have anything left in his tank.  He can’t be on the periphery of games worried about conserving energy.  Same goes for Pato too.  They both need performances today.

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

So with his obsession with playing two lightweights in the middle if I were Liam Walsh I'd be thinking I'm not gonna get much joy here while he's in charge.

From what i saw of him last season at Cov, this setup would suit his game perfectly as one of the attacking 2.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don’t think we’re far off a mutual consent contract rip up with Nagy honestly 

Shame, he looked the real deal for his first couple of games, same could be said for Massengo. Then LJ and our coaches got to them and both been downhill ever since - now who was one of those coaches, some chap called Holden!

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

People sharpening their knives pre match for those that they don’t like , and have made their minds up to never like , whatever transpires

Wow 

But hardly surprising 

Wednesday we were going to lose double figures before kick off “with that side” then the usual suspects were moaning afterwards that we didn’t win due to missing first half chances. Talk about having your cake and eating it..........

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Shame, he looked the real deal for his first couple of games, same could be said for Massengo. Then LJ and our coaches got to them and both been downhill ever since - now who was one of those coaches, some chap called Holden!

So you’re blaming Holden for some mixed performances from a 19 year old and the performances for Nagy who’s hardly ripped up trees .......when he’s been fit

ok then

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Sometimes it’s not coaches.....there are players in this world who have a poor work ethic in terms of improving their game, are affected by personal issues unconnected to football or are happy to “coast” and pick up the £12k per week.

Not commenting on Nagy specifically but it isn’t always the Coaches “getting hold of them” that causes a downturn in performance.

Archived