IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

Team selection's have started slipping away from the Holden consistency model, but that line-up makes sense with the games coming thick and fast and the various injuries.

Bakinson probably needs managing game time-wise and as I said previously (which the management team seem to agree with) a Bakinson/Brunt midfield is not mobile enough to start a game with IMO - so really COD and Pato are basically the only choice for those advanced roles.

Dasilva being worked back in and for me Martin/Wells is our best combo up top.

So to get it right 

The midfield should be

Walsh who’s not fit, and yet to sign a new contract, and yet to prove himself at this level

HNM who’s young and everyone agreed wasn’t at his best ,

and Nagy whos hardly been available , and hasn’t set the world alight when he’s played....if he actually wants to be here

Right we are 

I still don’t get why people can’t get their head around only 11 can start, only 3 more can get on the pitch and only another 4 can get in the 18.  At the moment all 18 are being picked, but there are some players better than others, so they get more minutes.  It’s not always about agendas, it’s not always that someone has fallen out with someone else.  It’s a fact of teams and squads...and things can change quickly.

13 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Shame, he looked the real deal for his first couple of games, same could be said for Massengo. Then LJ and our coaches got to them and both been downhill ever since - now who was one of those coaches, some chap called Holden!

Ahh!! good start to the pre match, getting the insults in nice and early...good lad.

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Team selection's have started slipping away from the Holden consistency model, but that line-up makes sense with the games coming thick and fast and the various injuries.

Bakinson probably needs managing game time-wise and as I said previously (which the management team seem to agree with) a Bakinson/Brunt midfield is not mobile enough to start a game with IMO - so really COD and Pato are basically the only choice for those advanced roles.

Dasilva being worked back in and for me Martin/Wells is our best combo up top.

I think rotation is needed but think he is also overdoing it at the minute

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I still don’t get why people can’t get their head around only 11 can start, only 3 more can get on the pitch and only another 4 can get in the 18.  At the moment all 18 are being picked, but there are some players better than others, so they get more minutes.  It’s not always about agendas, it’s not always that someone has fallen out with someone else.  It’s a fact of teams and squads...and things can change quickly.

All true of course but it would also be naive to believe that managers never have favourites.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Surely O'Dowda and Paterson did not stop running midweek.

Whether people think they played well or not, and whether people like either of them or not, surely it's clear they didn't stop running and were completely knackered by the end of the game.

Jon....you read my posts....as a team we stopped running effectively.  We stopped the intensity of closing down. Several reasons too

Our midfield and many Champ midfields relies on intensity (in the right scenarios). It’s not just the midfield, Semenyo and Diedhiou stopped their effectiveness too.  Because I mention the midfield you take personal criticism because O’Dowda is in there.  I thought he had a decent game so I don’t see why you are taking it to heart and defending him (there’s nothing to defend, he did as well as he could)...as a team we didn’t function as well as we did first half.  You know that.

Nobody is saying it was Callum’s fault....it wasn’t.  It’s a collective responsibility.

But if you can’t see that our intensity of running dropped in the second half then I can’t really say anymore.  Some of that was because of Bournemouth.  Two teams out there.  You know from my posts.

1 minute ago, Garland-sweden said:

Last game vs Bournemouth I wrote: not a good sign when COD starts. Have the same vibes now, really hope Im wrong. COD in my eyes is a winger, not an central midfielder. COYR!!!

He seems to have become that old fashioned thing, a utility player. He needs to settle into a role and deliver consistently I think.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Jon....you read my posts....as a team we stopped running effectively.  We stopped the intensity of closing down. Several reasons too

Our midfield and many Champ midfields relies on intensity (in the right scenarios). It’s not just the midfield, Semenyo and Diedhiou stopped their effectiveness too.  Because I mention the midfield you take personal criticism because O’Dowda is in there.  I thought he had a decent game so I don’t see why you are taking it to heart and defending him (there’s nothing to defend, he did as well as he could)...as a team we didn’t function as well as we did first half.  You know that.

Nobody is saying it was Callum’s fault....it wasn’t.  It’s a collective responsibility.

But if you can’t see that our intensity of running dropped in the second half then I can’t really say anymore.  Some of that was because of Bournemouth.  Two teams out there.  You know from my posts.

Are you saying because of your posts, we should change our mind if we agree with Jon?  Are your posts factual or opinion? 

Not sure if I’ve misread or misinterpreted here! 

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Are you saying because of your posts, we should change our mind if we agree with Jon?  Are your posts factual or opinion? 

Not sure if I’ve misread or misinterpreted here! 

No, it’s Jon taking offence about O’Dowda when there’s no criticism being given.  I keep saying I thought he had a decent game.  Even Holden has come out and said we allowed them to play out and we didn’t close them down like we did first half. 

This team makes sense as I understand Dean's selection policy and preferences.

I don't like the bench for the same reasons I didn't like it last game.

I want this to work, because I think I think it's Holden's plan A in action, so I'm worried if it doesn't for the future. (Until we have the full/close enough to a first team available)

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I still don’t get why people can’t get their head around only 11 can start, only 3 more can get on the pitch and only another 4 can get in the 18.  At the moment all 18 are being picked, but there are some players better than others, so they get more minutes  It’s not always about agendas, it’s not always that someone has fallen out with someone else.  It’s a fact of teams and squads...and things can change quickly.

Spot on. 

Some posters do like make up unrest theories, why they do it I’ve no idea.

Archived